News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Waterman, IL April 2-3 2011

Started by Gopher Boy, April 04, 2011, 02:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher Boy

Waterman lived up to it's reputation at this shoot.  It was WINDY

On Saturday it kept a chill in the air most of the day, but all shooters pushed through it. (Literally)

Sunday morning with the Threat of Thunderstorms and of course more wind.  We all Held our breath.  Around 11 we got a few sprinkles (Really just a little) then the sun came out and I'm pretty sure that we had a high temp of 70 degrees.  I'm actually a little sun burned, but it's really hard to tell through all this wind burn.

This shoot was fantastic.  We had Three families that made up most of our line.  One complete family, Mom, Dad, Ryan, Jason and Gwen. One Extended family  Dad, Andy, Alex, and Uncles Ray and Chuck and then Brad and his three girls and son.

As you can see this was really a family shoot and I give big credit to my instructors who really took it upon themselves to make sure these kids had fun (While being Safe).
I'm really not sure who had a bigger smile when DugJeep asked Gwen,  "Are you ready to make holes?...    Make Holes!".   I think big brother Ryan better watch out...  He's knowing on the door for Rifleman now, but Gwen will be there soon enough.

I think the one moment that will stick with me is Helping Andy sighting in his scope.  Wasn't even on paper...  I took 5 minutes told him exactly what to do and turned him loose on the center square.  Right after the report I hear Andy yell, "OH, YEAH!"  I look thought the scope and see he's in the black at 6 o'clock.  Very next Shoot right in the center.  Tom, His Dad, finishes his course of fire and stands up next to me and I offer him the scope.  As Tom is looking down range I ask him, ever wonder why I do this.  He looks at me and said, "Sure"  I pointed at him and said it's right there on your face...  A Father's pride.  Alex I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you, but Next time....  I promise.

Congrats to Chewie for shooting Rifleman, but I would watch out.  Everyone else was knocking on the door.

Respectfully,

G.B.

Garand69

Excellent Work GB and Crew O0

I was very glad the Weather Cooperated for you folks ^:)^

Sounds like it went very well, one new Rifleman and the very likelihood that these Shooters will be back for more!!!

A HUGE Thankyou goes out to those instructors who were very much a part of not one Appleseed this weekend, BUT TWO APPLESEED EVENTS!!! For those that don't know, These hard working Appleseeders worked a shoot and the History Boot Camp this weekend!!!  :cool2:

Hats off to you!! It is people like you that will save a Nation!!!! :bow:

Can't wait for the Pics!!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Stonn

Photos have arrived.

Stonn

Set 2.

Stonn

Set 3.

Stonn

Set 4 including one with Gwen and DugJeep.

dugjeep

good pics STONN!! next shoot I ll be sure to get some good pics of you to man.  Good coaching with you as usually.

Gumballhead

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry I could only help out for one day, but I had a great time!

Good job to everyone who came out to join us.  We had a windy day to begin with on Saturday, and some good sunshine.  I'm glad to hear you all came back Sunday!  Spring's finally here, I'd say. 

Great job to little Gwen and family.  I'm glad you came back Sunday.  Keep practicing!  I was happy to see several large groups here at the shoot.  Teams make easy work of large tasks.  We had several teams on the line.  When people bring others with them, I think it adds to the experience and competition.

Congratulations to our rifleman.  For those knocking on the door, keep dry firing, and practice finding your NPOA.  With a little perfect practice, you can soon pass this challenge.

I hope to see many off you again.  Come join us April 16-17 in Ottawa IL for patriot's day!

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21479.0

Thanks!
Gumballhead

Garand69

Great Pics Stonn!! Thanks for posting them!! O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

One line....Three families.  Outstanding!!  Appleseed at it's finest.  Yes, we had instructors shuttling between the HBC and this shoot.  And they did it without so much as a wimper.

Sounds like a fantastic time.  Lots of family bonding going on.  AND, I see you teased 'em a bit by being on that 600 yard range  ;)

Hope to see those families out there again real soon.  As the weather turns a bit milder, Waterman is a great palce to run an event.

EEL

Frick

Thanks to all the instructors for their patience and pointers!  Time for me to start using the ROC...   ;D

-Frick