News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Evansville, IN March 26-27, 2011

Started by sur+rifle, April 02, 2011, 03:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sur+rifle

Wow!  What a great shoot with a great group of shooters on the line.  This was one of the earliest Appleseeds we have had at Redbrush Rifle Range and we were rewarded with Winterseed conditions (low temps, freezing rain, hail, wind) on Saturday.  While we didn't have anyone qualify as rifleman that day, our three hearty attendees exhibited some great improvement for the day.  And they impressively showed cheery dispositions throughout the shoot:

On Sunday we saw a group of six new Appleseeders on the line several of whom were "seventh stepped" there by Rifleman and soon to be IIT worksalot!  We have never seen so many one day Sunday shooters before and by the end of the day almost everybody was knocking on that rifleman level.  worksalot offered up a lot of encouragement by posting a consistent stream of rifleman scores and sharing his "rifleman persists" experience.  Many took advantage of the ROC offer, so we expect seeing them all on the line again. O0 

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture on Sunday so I hope one of the shooters will be able to post one of theirs on this thread.

As a final note I especially appreciate the attention the shooters showed during the history on Sunday when instructors mudcat, jimbo, and I tripled teamed the presentation.  We really appreciated your engagement and comments.   :)

worksalot

Hey Sur+ sorry I didn't see you post sooner....Have been busy. I work for a power company and i work alot(hence the name) I can tell you that I have spoken with all but one of the guys that came with me and they had a great time. They all said that they took alot away with them to practice on and were eager to hit the line again. i also think the ROC program is a great idea. It was a pleasure meeting Jimbo for the first time and was as alway a pleasure to meet up with you and Mudcat. The guys enjoyed the stories.. Heath is looking to buy the Paul Revere book and Jimmy is drawing little squares on big white paper to take away the challenge coin I have offered up at the next shot.
DO IT NOW OR WISH YOU HAD