News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Gaston, SC March 26-27 2011

Started by DuaneRN, March 29, 2011, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuaneRN

I pretty much think this qualified as a "Winterseed."  It was cold and wet with lightning.  We had 27 shooters on Saturday and 13 came back on Sunday.  Two Riflemen earned their patch on Sunday and one took an orange hat and became an Instructor in Training. 

I was pleased to see the improvements on Saturday and especially the students on Sunday.

ShootSquirrelYes's history presentation on Sunday was riveting.

Shoot Squirrel Yes

I want to commend all of our students for being there, and sticking it out. Well done; learning a new skill set is never an easy undertaking when you're cold, wet, and sore.

It was miserable. I thought it funny that TheIronMantis commented on never having been rained on as an IIT; now having his Red Hat, it poured on him for hours on end.

No worries, Mantis. We'll hook you up with a spring Taccoa shoot for your next Red Hat weather related anomaly. Two more and you'll qualify for a Sprinkleseed patch.

I'm pleased to congratulate TheIronMantis on his Red Hat. He's a solid fellow.

DwayneH, I appreciate the hard work you put in to scheduling and set up. Thanks for completing those tasks.

Additional praise goes to our two new Riflemen. You both achieved what is not an easy task in less than ideal conditions.

Prayers go out for our serviceman who is deploying; his father drove down from Massachusetts to be with him (and us) before he deploys. That marks pretty meaningful weekend together, and I was glad to be a part.

Lastly, thank you to those instructors who picked up the orange hat, and to those who continue to build their skills.