News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lima, OH March 26-27

Started by posterboy, March 28, 2011, 11:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Huzzah....appleseed in Ohio in March

We had 5 hearty shooters brave NW Ohio's famous Indian Winter and come to learn Marksmanship and Heritage. With a very chilly, persistent wind and some mud Ted, Linda, Kate, Jimeel, and Tim went through the appleseed grinder smiling, having fun and learning. With such a small group and a plethora of ohio's finest instruction crew these lucky attendee's basically experienced a personal appleseed ! In fact two rifleman were minted in the chilly mud. Tim shot a 222 and was dubbed Triple2 and Ted, a rugged  appleseed veteran crossed over into the rifleman promised land ! Terrible Ted had been shooting some of the smallest groups I had seen in a long time and Tim...well it was first appleseed and he came close to rifleman on the first AQT and shot the score on his second. ! Now those that are reading this...take this advice before you attend your first appleseed. I asked Tim what he did before he came he simply said he learned what he could from the website and DRYFIRED before the coming ! Kate and Jimeel ( who had never shot before huzzah) also improved a great deal ! Linda did her best and was shooting great too but was having huge equipment issues but she IS a rifleman in her soul and persisted through it all ...HUZZAH

Sunday left us with only Terrible Ted, Linda and Triple2...and an even chillier wind. 10 year old Zane came down and joined us for a time but wind and cold unfortunately were a bit much and he decided to come back another time. I  gave Zane a young Patriot Patch to remind him to come out again ! We quickly went through the appleseed COF and then worked on some AQT's, some ball and dummy, a team shoot and then some 100yrd shooting on the reduced target ! great fun and joy was had by all Huzzah !

It was a great weekend all in all and we even got to hear a special speech on the importance of remembering our History from Lyberty !

I'd like to thank the attendees for coming and also the awesome instruction crew, Rednekengr, Ishy, goldfish, greenlight, and Lyberty making it all happen !

see you all soon and some pics coming

pb

Lyberty

What can I say but....HUZZAH!!!  ..:.. Despite the cold weather and mud, we had such a Hawaiian Shoot!   ;)  And, I totally love the idea of doing history in a camper!  Totally awesome!
Posterboy, RedNekEngr, Ishy, and Goldfish did a wonderful job with history! 
Congrats to Triple2 and Terrible Ted on your rifleman patches!  Huzzah!  Linda, keep it up!  I know you'll get it soon and look forward to seeing you guys on the trail!
A special "Huzzah" for all of the instructors: Posterboy, RedNekEngr, Ishy, Goldfish, and Green Light!  FuzzyMath, thanks for coming down for a visit!

I enjoyed this weekend so much and can't wait until I'm on the trail again! 

Lyberty
"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation."
2 Samuel 22:47

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."  John F. Kennedy

LindaFromAppleCreek

I finally thawed out! Boy, was it cold!

It was an eventful time. I broke the operating rod/slide on my rifle, got to use a scope for the first time, got to shoot an AR for the first time. And I hit the head shot dead center!

Shooting a 100 year old battle rifle with leaf sights at 100 yards at a simulated 400 yard target and hitting the target 5 times was awesome!

Many thanks to the amazing staff of instructors! Posterboy, it was indeed a Hawaiian time, despite the cold weather. Thank you! Thanks, Goldfish for the use of your AR! It was fun making big BOOMS ! The whole RedNek Engr clan is wonderful! Ishy has the patience of a saint, and Lyberty is doing a great job learning to manage a line. Green Light, thanks for minding all the rifles in the cold, cold weather so history could be told in relative warmth! I hope we run into you all often on the trail.

I'm trying to talk Ted into taking our 14 and 11 year old girls to New Philadephia along with the boys. (I'd love to come, too, but it's my turn to hold down the home front. Maybe Wooster, if I practice effectively!)

Ted already mounted a scope on our Ruger so I can start to practice learning how to use it well. He just has to build up the cheek pad an inch or more. He's also looking for parts for the two broken rifles. The Garand was supposed to go to New Philadephia. He's got to hustle a bit to get it ready.

This was a great way to spend a birthday!

Looking forward to my next Appleseed already! Hopefully, that one will be warm enough for a campfire and a tent.

Linda
aka Mustang380gal

posterboy

I TOTALLY forgot that yes indeed it was your B-Day !

You persisted through quite a bit last weekend...that 210 is yours once your rig is adjusted to you !

I must apologize to Ted now because the wallet is coming out to get Linda an AR  >:D

It was a pleasure to have you both at the micro appleseed.

pb

RedNekEngr

Thanks to all of our attendees for persevering through the cold and wind.  The mornings were brutal.  Each one of you were like sponges soaking up the instruction.  Your attentiveness really made our jobs easy -- almost Hawaiian.  ::)
Congrats to Ted and Tim for nailing those AQT's for riflemen scores.  I look forward to seeing orange hats on you two in the near future.  O0
Linda, I am so glad that you are progressing nicely and was able to figure out some equipment issues that will lead to you scoring rifleman very soon.
Thank you Kate and Jimeel for allowing us the opportunity to spend our Saturday with you.  You are wonderful people and I hope we are able to cross paths again with more pleasant weather.
Thanks to the Lima Sabres club for allowing us to use their wonderful facilities and to park the camper there.
RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

GoldFish

Wow, what a great weekend! 
Thanks so much to the Lima Sabres Club for hosting this event!  I hope we can come out again in the near future.
To the shooters, thank you for coming out and spending this freezing weekend outside, learning about Marksmanship and your American Heritage.  Kudos to you, as most of your fellow Americans I'm sure were inside in the nice warm comforts of home, while you were braving the bitter cold and wind of Northern Ohio.  Huzza!!! O0
This is the smallest shoot I've worked, but by no means is that a negative; your positive and teachable attitudes made this much more pleasant. 8)
Congrats to Ted and Tim on your Rifleman scores; very well deserved! :---
Linda, you are a Rifleman in many ways...you just gotta get that 210!  Umm, Ted, I think you're gonna have to be dishing out some dough for one of them AR's. ::) :) 
My pleasure Linda.  I'm very happy that you were able to shoot my AR; I apologize for not bringing more ammo. ++) !@#)

Thank you, DOF, for taking me up to work this shoot; you all are amazing. :bow:
Posterboy, it was great to work with you; I'm looking forward to doing it again in 3 weeks!  Yeah, being called Jr. Posterboy is a compliment...of sorts. :-\ ::) ;)

Even with the cold, I think we all experienced what an AS in Hawaii would be like. ::)

Stay the Course,
---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

GoldFish

Uh, did anyone take any pictures?  I sorta forgot our camera.  Two hours notice will make you forget somethings that you usually take. :( :-[
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

posterboy

the frozen chosen

Terrible Ted Rifleman

Triple 2 joins the Rifleman club

"cleaned" muddy boots

Ishy

Quote from: LindaFromAppleCreek on March 29, 2011, 09:21:11 AM
I'm trying to talk Ted into taking our 14 and 11 year old girls to New Philadephia along with the boys. (I'd love to come, too, but it's my turn to hold down the home front. Maybe Wooster, if I practice effectively!)

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!  ..:..  New Philly is gonna be sweeeeeeet!   ;D

Thanks to our shooters for persisting, not complaining, and being fun to work with.   8)  Instructor team, Ohio rocks!!!   ^:)^

~Ish
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney