News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Rochester Indiana, March 19-20 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, March 21, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

A great shoot again. I am liking Sand Burr Gun Ranch. We had some good shooters this weekend, and some persistent ones as well. We were blessed with good weather, though around 10am Sunday everyone would have argued that point with me. Luckily Niecie and Rimshot were able to scrounge together enough hothands to keep everyone going until the breeze warmed up.

We made excellent time with everyone going right through the course of instruction in record time, we didn't spend any extra time recovering anything. A great group of shooters. So what did we see?

Sam, we tried three rifles to get her one that fit and allowed her to see the scope well enough to shoot well. The iron sights just didn't work with her prescription. But the third rifle, with a lot of extra work on her part, finally started to get the job done. By Sunday KD class she had the most beautiful 3 MOA group at 25 yards, and then matched it at 100. Excellent job! She showed the Rifleman persistence to the core.

Drey was a joy to have and a great shot, as was his Grandpa. It showed that once you learn to shoot properly it never leaves you. His training in the Corps was still there.

We made some rifleman too, Indygunworks re-qualified his CZ at 231, with Jacq right on his heels. I liked giving her the Rifleman patch for 212, makes two of them in their house.

Ed and Will showed up, slung up! Already having good positions, good trigger control, and knowing how to use the 1907 sling, they both shot Rifleman on Saturday. Ed at 228 and Will at 219, with bolt guns no less!

Our last rifleman of the weekend was John with score I did not write down, but it was a great target.

I enjoyed the weekend, though I will never eat a live lizzard whole, I don't care how much you pay me. Niecie should have pictures when she gets back into town, let's see what pics AB and Rimshot have to offer.

YHJ

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Well, sorry to disappoint, but I also didn't take a single picture.   :wb:  I was having way too much fun with our excellent group of shooters!  Congratulations to all of our new Riflemen!!! Ed - great job.  Will, I'm SO sorry your target was misplaced, but I'm super glad we found it in time to score it and hand over your Rifleman patch!  jacq, I loved the dance and the cartwheel - that's the excitement we like to see when someone earns that patch!  John, I'm sorry I wasn't there Sunday to see you earn that patch, but I've been assured you did a great job.  And Sam, I look forward to seeing you back on the line with that Bondo stock I heard about.   **)  Dray - You have no idea how happy I was to see you back on the line.  I love return shooters, and it's obvious you enjoy coming out to shoot with us.  Keep practicing, keep at it, and someday I know you'll get that bright orange hat that I know you want so very much!  And don't forget to bring your grandpa back - but I don't think we'll have any trouble getting Gary back on the line again soon.   ^:)^  Clif, get to feeling better.  Take advantage of that sticker, and we'll be handing you a Rifleman patch of your very own in no time, I'm sure.

Thank you all for coming out.  It's not very often that we get to see a real minuteman, huh?  Remember the story, think about our responsibilities as American citizens, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon at the beautiful Sand Burr Gun Ranch!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

JByer323

Besides being able to shoot a 221, I learned some very important things this weekend, besides the fantastic history lessons and marksmanship skills.

I learned that if I'm ever short on cash, I can eat crickets for money, but it's wise to start with a $50 minimum.  Also, Hothands are pretty much the greatest invention ever.

Thanks so much, all of you, for putting on such a great weekend.  Sam and I spent most of today talking out a potential rifle build for her, and I'm sure I'll be looking to all of you for help.  Can't wait to shoot with you all again.
Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles that every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

Rimshot

Ne Awesome shoot!  It was full steam ahead all weekend, with everyone starting out strong and finishing the weekend even stronger.  Congratulations to the new Riflemen! I'll have pics later.

BTW, anyone forget a blue camp chair? I'm holding it for ransom.  &)  One million dollars and it's yours.  Mwahah.  >:D
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Clif45

Ok, so I am confused on this crickets and lizards stuff, must have happened when I left.

I got to the doctor after missing work yesterday and meds have me better.  Depending on work and school, hopefully I can get back on the line again in a few weeks. Ended up getting a call yesterday from NIPSCO wanting me to come in for testing for a job, on top of a great weekend at Appleseed.  Couldn't get much better then that.

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Niecie

Quote from: Clif45 on March 22, 2011, 08:49:39 AM
Ok, so I am confused on this crickets and lizards stuff, must have happened when I left.
Yep, at lunch we had a riveting conversation on how one of the shooters used to make money by eating stuff... fascinating! :-[

On the other hand, I hope you are feeling better and I hope to see you on the line again soon!

Niecie

Niecie

Quote from: yellowhousejake on March 21, 2011, 07:08:48 PM
I enjoyed the weekend, though I will never eat a live lizzard whole, I don't care how much you pay me.
Hmmm... Not even for a Garand?

Okay here are some of the pics... There were lots of them, but I think I have it down a manageable amount.

Very special thanks to Sand Burr Gun Ranch for their wonderful hospitality!!

AuntieBellum gets a promotion! Congrats ^:)^

Let's shoot some targets:

Super special Indiana sight-sticks...

First Strike with Auntie Bellum

I will continue after this short break!

Niecie

Niecie

Up next, AuntieBellium happily spent the afternoon helping one of the young shooters. He definitely missed her on Sunday!

Instructors doing their thing...

Our two new blue hats really made Saturday interesting...
Jamie volunteered to shoot the demo AQT:

And Nick came as a Minuteman, and did some first person storytelling in the lead in to the Second Strike.

Our thanks go out to the two of them - THANK YOU and we are so happy to have you on board :bow:

Great form!!

I have one more post to go...

Niecie

Niecie

Ready for one more? 

Here are our Riflemen for this weekend:
Nick re-qualified

Jamie did the "Rifleman Happy Dance" when she made Rifleman:

Ed and Will enjoyed their Father & Son day out. They earned these patches with bolt guns on Saturday!  ..:..

John made it inspite of the Freezing Sunday morning weather:

Will and Drey were both presented the Youth patch for their outstanding behavior, safety, and willingness to learn:

Did I mention Sunday morning was freezing?

Set-up for KD

The end...Thanks to all! A fantastic weekend ^:)^

Niecie

HQ

Niecie - Great pictures as always! 

It looks like it was a great shoot!  The KD looks lovely. . .

Congrats to all the riflemen!

AuntieBellum

Fantastic pictures - thanks, Niecie!  And man, it does look like it was cold on Sunday - good thing I was warm and cozy at the 1500 that day.   ;D  Seriously, though, I'd always rather be on the line.  Sorry to have missed Sunday, but I know you all had a great time, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!  Great job, everyone.  Who have YOU talked to about Appleseed today?   ^-^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

JByer323

Awesome pictures!

I look a little derpish when I was handed my patch though.  I blame the cold!  ++)
Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles that every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

POC

Nick!
Great looking outfit. Looks like it all came together nicely.

Oh, and BOLT GUNS RULE!!
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

Clif45

Great pictures.  With the ROC card I am hoping to get out on the line a bit more often until I can get it, but its all about school, and maybe a job for the next few weeks.