News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, MN - March 26-27 - Shifting gears!

Started by AFTERMATH, March 20, 2011, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

O'ha!

I'm not sure if it's just me, but thus far it seems we Minnesotans have been quite busy in 2011!
We've invaded an AIBC and had our very own IBC.  We've run something like 5 promotion booths!
Some of us have been dabbling in others states in the meantime. 
And we've been running around tirelessly setting up shoots, following up on leads, and banging our heads against the pavement!:wb:
(Metaphorically, for most of us.)
But yet, we haven't run a shoot this year!  What's up with that?

Well, it's time we shift gears!

Next weekend is our first shoot in 2011!  Hinckley, of course!  I hereby encourage all of you to join us - Bring a friend!
We should be quite sufficient in staffing.  So instructors, this may be your chance to shoot! :---

Get back in the groove and get ready for the big April weekend!   That's when we go into overdrive!

It's sure to be the perfect Appleseed weather!

Remember it's at the splendid and ever supportive, Hinckley Conservation Club![/ul]

I'll see you there!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cooper

AFTERMATH, Sir !

Will camping be a possibility for instructors, or do Rifledog and I need to be arranging for lodging?

If you might, just might maybe have a COF/POI to share with a SBIT, I would be most indebted to you.

Not having the opportunity to shoot myself since last fall's AS at Gordon, I put up backers here at home and humiliated myself with a 206 Rapid Fire AQT score... truly a perishable skill!!  Come on out and refresh your instructors skills and gear yourself up psychologically for Project Appleseed 2011!!

Come one, come all and prepare yourself for the best Appleseed year ever !!!

Coop

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

I assume camping is still available at the range, for instructors.  I need to talk to Corey - But as it was; OK.
No fire pit, however.

I can probably type up a POI before this weekend.

QuoteNot having the opportunity to shoot myself since last fall's AS at Gordon, I put up backers here at home and humiliated myself with a 206 Rapid Fire AQT score... truly a perishable skill!!  Come on out and refresh your instructors skills and gear yourself up psychologically for Project Appleseed 2011!!
Yep, don't wanna let those skills evaporate!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Taylor

I'm planning on going home Saturday night. You guys are more than welcome if it's not quite camping weather yet.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

adamt

I would love to camp, however, family obligations for my b-day will require the night to be spent in Duluth. I tried to get the whole gang to show up for the shoot with no luck. Maybe in April....

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on March 20, 2011, 09:40:48 PM

Next weekend is our first shoot in 2011!  Hinckley, of course!  I hereby encourage all of you to join us - Bring a friend!

My son and I will be there, and I'm bringing a friend! If she likes it, I'm sure she will go again and bring more friends, too.  O0  A few of our other friends would probably prefer a ladies-only, warm-weather shoot, though. They/we are also thinking of trying that ladies night at the handgun range in Robbinsdale.

I'm looking forward to it. I can help check people in each morning, too, if you'd like. I've read the AppleCore manual. So that should help.

Cooper - I'll be glad to get to meet you this weekend! I've heard a lot of good things about you, and also about your story of the 2nd strike told in the first person.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Cooper

Quote from: Puma Mami on March 21, 2011, 03:47:12 PM
Cooper - I'll be glad to get to meet you this weekend! I've heard a lot of good things about you, and also about your story of the 2nd strike told in the first person.

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well!!
If you want to hear my version of 2nd Strike (or any others for that matter), drop a hint to the SB... he calls the shots (or the strikes, as it were).

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Puma Mami

Looks like this weekend will be a Winterseed after all. I was kind of wondering after that little thaw we were having...
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Taylor

Camping looks pretty challenging this weekend. My offer of a roof and warm bed is still out there. In addition if we car pooled in my truck we could do a mini-IBC during the commute (normally a little over an hour but a little longer now due to "spring" roadwork on WI-77) Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Cooper

Quote from: Taylor on March 23, 2011, 08:03:24 PM
Camping looks pretty challenging this weekend. My offer of a roof and warm bed is still out there. In addition if we car pooled in my truck we could do a mini-IBC during the commute (normally a little over an hour but a little longer now due to "spring" roadwork on WI-77) Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

I believe that I will take you up on the roof overhead offer, Friday night (late) and likely Saturday night as well.
I'll have to defer on the carpool offer however, due to the obscene amount of stuff jammed into the rollover
'seedmobile that follows me along...

Thanks, and see you soon!

Cooper

Taylor

I have a Suburban which we can jam pack if needed. Assume you still have directions, if not let me know. See you Friday Janelle.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Time to pre-register is through, but there's still plent of room for walk-ons! Weather looks like it's going to be cooperating perfectly! Warm enough to be comfortable(if dressed properly) - Cold enough not to be a mud bath!

Muster up Minnesota!

I'll see you there!

Aftermath

sparks1

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Been there, done that! :cool2:

View/read/comment at: The After Action Report!

See you on the line - next time!