News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, March 12-13, 2011

Started by Reformed Redneck, March 14, 2011, 06:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

Greetings to you all,

I am happy to say that this weekend's shoot surpassed many of our expectations. We ended up with a total of 21 shooters on the line Saturday, and only 'lost' 4 of them on Sunday. Weather was very balmy for March in northern Idaho with temperatures ranging from upper 20's in the early mornings to upper 30's and lower 40's in the mid-afternoon period. We even (narrowly) escaped the rain until we we done shooting for each day.

We had a pretty determined group of newer (to Appleseed) shooters, plus a good number of returning Riflemen and women seeking to improve on their skills. This returnee phenomena is evidence that Appleseed offers a substantial 'hook' to people who appreciate the experience we have to offer. You may check out, but you can never leave...(heh, heh).

We had numerous repeat Rifleman scores, but no new ones. The learning curve seemed to be steeper than some shoots, but that did not dampen the determination of the shooters. By the end of Sunday we had two or three knocking on the door for their patch, and I am confident that they will obtain their patches at the next shoot they attend. I think we experienced the strongest positive curve on Redcoat targets that I can recall on Sunday afternoon, with far more shooters improving to 200, 300, and 400 yard maximum effectiveness. There was a corresponding improvement on the rectangular 'head shot' as well. Well done shooters!

We're looking forward to seeing these folks back at Appleseed events throughout the Spring/Summer schedule, and at different places along the Trail.

See y'all soon.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Western Rose

Thank you to all of the shooters who came out this past weekend for this event. And thanks for not showing up (too) late even with the daylight savings time! Impressive!!

Theophilus, Joni, thanks for making the drive from way over there for this event!!!
Cedarpole, Betsy, thanks for putting the Redneck clan up for the weekend!!! And those homemade donuts are amazing!
Letmebefrank/Justcallmefrank, it was great to be able to put a face to the stories. Thanks for coming out!

Note to promotions team: everyone (shooters and instructors alike) signed a "model release" form. All of the photographers gave their permission for any photos from this weekend to be used in any promotions item you want to use them in.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

First batch of my pictures.

Joni, Evenstar, NorthIdahoGal, I'd REALLY like to see your's!!!!

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Western Rose

Second

50th Appleseed

Western Rose

50th Appleseed

Evenstar

It was SO good to be back in CdA! It was an awesome weekend, with lots of improvement seen by all. There's nothing quite like seeing the lights going on in the eyes of new shooters, and you watch them finally understand NPOA and shoot a 3MOA group! ^:)^ Love it!
Thanks to the attendees for coming out to hear about the sacrifices the Founders made in order to preserve our freedom. Oh, and of course, to shoot as well. :cool2: Congrats to our repeat Riflemen! O0
Betsy, Cedarpole, thanks for giving us a place to stay once more. ;)

See ya'll down the Trail... or at the IBC in two weeks, which has a KILLER menu. ^-^ >:D

WR pretty much got the pictures covered; maybe I'll have a few once I go through them all. :)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

hawkhavn

What is all of that white stuff?
Last time I was there everything was green?????   ;D

Looks like a great shoot !

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

Great pics! Looks like a great shoot. I sure am glad our snow is long gone.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Western Rose

HH, in that case, here's a CdA sight you haven't seen (yet)... ;D

50th Appleseed

Beastmode44

Ya, it was a great appleseed, even though I didn't beat my previous record. Meaning I didn't beat you evenstar...grrrrrrrr....... !@#)
Victory is 100% Training

"For I came not to bring peace into the world, but a sword."
-Jesus Christ

Evenstar

Quote from: Beastmode44 on March 14, 2011, 11:35:56 PM
Ya, it was a great appleseed, even though I didn't beat my previous record. Meaning I didn't beat you evenstar...grrrrrrrr....... !@#)

@)

OK, now for some of my pictures (can't believe we didn't get our 'HI Earl' pic!!! :( ). Becky, Joni, looking forward to seeing yours too. O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Reformed Redneck

Hawkhavn,

That white stuff, my friend, is snow. And if it doesn't warm up more than it has, you may just get a chance to experience north Idaho snow. But I know it can't be too different from the variety found in Indiana.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Roland

Can't believe I've missed that last two shoots at my home range! Something about that's just not right. Glad to see the Potter clan is still coming back for more. A pox on all of those factory 1022 sights I saw in the pictures.

See ya'll later,

Dirk/Roland

P.S. Anybody recognize my new picture?
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

NorthIdahoGal

Hi guys!  Sorry I'm late in posting my pictures; I was having some problems logging on.

NIG
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.  Luke 22:36

Joni

Finally, here are my pictures! I will love it when I am well again!! I have put the pictures in picasa, you have to use this link to get to them, but you can have any of them you want.
https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/CDAleneIDAppleseedShoot1213March2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPL6yM24ka3cOA#
edited to fix broken link.

Earl

Very nice pictures, Joni. Get well, rumor has it that Spring is coming. Very nice pictures of the Known Distance targets, too many of the Potter clan (just kidding, nice they are still coming to get better and better). Fine bunch of instructors.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.