News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

March 5-6 Miamisburg, OH

Started by MeanStreaker, March 07, 2011, 11:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Despite everything Mother Nature could throw at us, we had a great weekend Appleseeding.  Thanks to the students and Instructors that came out and made a really fun event!

Kyle and Zachary, it was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing you on the line again.

Dave, congratulations on earning that Winterseed patch.  We all know every Rifleman badge is earned.  Well, shooting in freezing sleet all day really makes that Winterseed patch earned even more!  Congratulations and thanks for taking on the Orange Hat!

Riflemen Persist!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

sxshep

Thanks for the hospitality and for sticking through the weather! I had a blast and I'll definitely be back for another event later in the year to be gunning for that patch

Gordon

Great having you out on the line 'Shep. I'll look forward to seeing you around at other events in the upcoming months.

DGMilty, welcome to the RWVA cadre!

Zack, I saw a lot of things this weekend in you, but the main thing I saw was persistence --- and that's the most important thing about a Rifleman! I was really impressed with how you and everyone stuck it out under such dreary cold conditions.

-Gordon

DGMilty

Persistence is the key!  javascript:void(0);  Good to see those of us who showed up stick it out for both days.  Although Sunday's weather was better, the entire weekend is typical for this time of year. 

We can't decide to sit on the couch when we need to get out there and make our shots count.  You never know what the future will bring for our country, but through Appleseed, we can all make a difference and most importantly I hope we can get our younger generations to become more aware of our history, where we came from, and turn our country back into a nation of Riflemen!

Dave
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Gordon

Quote from: DGMilty on March 07, 2011, 07:27:20 PM

We can't decide to sit on the couch when we need to get out there and make our shots count.  You never know what the future will bring for our country, but through Appleseed, we can all make a difference and most importantly I hope we can get our younger generations to become more aware of our history, where we came from, and turn our country back into a nation of Riflemen!

It's that simple! O0

Andre

Miserable weather indeed!  I've got to let you know that I left this event smiling.  That was because of the excellent attitudes displayed by all - shooters and instructors.  Everyone had that all important teachable attitude, and I heard it from your targets (yep, targets do talk).  Keep that attitude fresh, practice, then come on back and master that AQT!  Good to meet all; hope to see Zach and Kyle back soon!

I think everyone had the opportunity to improvise, adapt and overcome, but if I'm not mistaken, Dave shot rifleman with lousy trigger control - he had to help his trigger to reset after each shot.  WTG, Dave!  Looking forward to working with you on the AS trail.

Jim

slim

Huzzah!

Looks like an awesome weekend with wonderful weather and a "soft" ground to shoot from. Doesn't get much better than that!

Way to go Dave! Glad to see that persistence finally paid off and can't wait to work with you out on the line sometime in the near future. Everyone else, I'll see you soon, right? HUZZAH!

sxshep

I definitely went in with an open mind and willingness to try to break old habits, and I'm glad I did. When I first arrived I was actually looking forward to testing my rifle in the rain, and also finding the limits of my determinationand tolerance level for shooting in about the most dreary weather conditions I could have pictured... I would rather be shooting in the snow than 40 and raining for the whole day, to be honest. I'm glad everyone stuck it out and the second day I was a lot more comfortable, that's when I really started to notice some improvements in my own shooting.

Thanks for letting me use the tarp, and your wifes new shooting mat, and the sling, and all the other forms of hospitality throughout the weekend! I'll try and make it to another one in the coming months, work permitting