News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 After Action reports from other sources

Started by hawkhavn, March 06, 2011, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

hawkhavn

Scroll down to October 10th post.
Not sure which shoot this was, someplace out West.

http://ticknortribe.blogspot.com/

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

George Hacker

Quote from: spitstickler on November 04, 2011, 03:09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aBeDOxUs6w
Wow, we need to hire this guy! ;)

Very well done.  We ought to do something like this with instructors as shooters so we cover all the legal bases.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

oladcock

Quote from: ShadowMan on November 04, 2011, 04:10:40 PM
Quote from: spitstickler on November 04, 2011, 03:09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aBeDOxUs6w
Wow, we need to hire this guy! ;)

Very well done.  We ought to do something like this with instructors as shooters so we cover all the legal bases.

- ShadowMan

Yep, very well done! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

The Wolfhound

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Nero

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Firewall99

The Upper Valley News reported and photographed our recent shoot at Enfield, NH.  The scans of this excellent coverage is in Reply #8 of the AAR:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26691.0

"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

teufel

Byers October 15/16 - I don't see any review for that weekend on this page and so far I don't have any replies to my emails. I built this page a while back and lost interest: http://windowsnerd.com/reviews/appleseed-review-from-a-former-marine/

If anyone checks it out maybe I'll finish it. I think there are 4 pages so far, many photos which you can click to get high res versions.

scuzzy

Quote from: teufel on January 21, 2012, 08:56:11 AM
Byers October 15/16 - I don't see any review for that weekend on this page and so far I don't have any replies to my emails. I built this page a while back and lost interest: http://windowsnerd.com/reviews/appleseed-review-from-a-former-marine/

If anyone checks it out maybe I'll finish it. I think there are 4 pages so far, many photos which you can click to get high res versions.

I just checked it out. If you finish it up send me a PM.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein