News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Buckeye, AZ. MAR 5-6, 2011

Started by AZOpie, March 05, 2011, 11:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOpie

What a great day at the range! We had 7 shooters preregistered and 2 walk-ons today! Of these there were 2 that had previously participated in an event and 7 brand new to Appleseed. All who came arrived with great teachable attitudes and a desire to learn more about their heritage. There was a great improvement in the scores on the redcoats between AM and PM.

Hats off to Michael for bringing his son to the event, and Michael Jr. did a great job with his shooting today.  O0

Thanks to everyone for contributing to a safe and productive day. More to follow!

AZO

AZbinary

Looks like you guys had a great shoot!  More wind and snow would've helped though... ;D
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

AZOpie

WOW! 100% returned for Sunday and Dave shot a 220 to earn his Rifleman's patch!  ^:)^

While I am sad we lost two orange hat instructors from our cadre this weekend  :'( I am VERY HAPPY  :D to say we now have two additional red hats!

Congrats to azmule and NEWGUY556 on passing their IPCs this weekend!!!   O0

Thanks again for coming out and sharing your weekend with us. (And there may yet be an orange hat joining the AZ cadre from your ranks)

Please chime in and post any photos you have as well.

AZO

Old Glory!

Congrats to AZMule and NewGuy. O0   Looks like a fine group of Americans out to honor our American Heritage.  Good to see the AZ instructor cadre growing.

8)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

slinged_in

Those red hats look great!  Congrats guys!

slinged_in

NEWGUY556

The shoot ran very smooth. The shooters were very conscientious and safe. That makes it easy on the instructors.
A number of them showed interst in the shoot scheduled for next month and I hope to see them there.
RWVA, Rifleman
Dangerous Middle Aged Man
Gun up...Send it....... HIT!

AZbinary

Conmgratulations to Scott and Mike!

Well done!

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

azmule

Thanks AZB!  This was a great bunch of shooters - motivated to "get it right."  I hope to see most, if not all of them next month - sufficient dry-fire practice between now and then and we could well have a bunch of new Riflemen in April.

It's a shame it didn't snow though.   :))
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

MaineYankee

Congratulations to Scott and Mike!  They set a pretty high bar on presentation and coaching.  Makes me redouble my efforts!

The weather couldn't have been better, and as you all know the range is pretty easy to get used to.  Although that afternoon sun in the eyes atop the Buckeye Mountain is a little challenging

The only disappointment was not having more participants.  I'm personally going to make a point of a daily advertisement in one forum or another (fora?) for at least the next few weeks and see if we gan get interest up for the April shoot.  Persistence is the key, isn't it?

We had a really good group this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing folks repeating in April.

Be well and dry fire y'all!

MaineYankee