News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Racine, WI. Feb 26-27

Started by ahhshoot, February 28, 2011, 11:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahhshoot

I'd Like to thank The Racine County Line Range for all the support they have done and continue to do.

What a winterseed to remember. We had 7 brave souls come out saturday morning at 15 degrees.
By 11 we were well on our way forging Riflemen, when it started snowing. The instructors all looked at each other and exlaimed "Are we winter seeding or what!!". ..:..

The weather wasn't extreem enough for Bill Who earned his frozen patch, with a 220 something! :~ :~ :~ :~

We finished out the day with Red Coats (of Course) and found the groups effective range went from 150 that morning to around 350 that night. O0 O0
Sunday we reviewed, zeroed, shot a couple AQTs, and then went to 500 yards, 400 yards, and 100 yard standing. It was a blast! :)

Wisconsinites spend ALOT of time on the couch in the winter. I for one was honored to spend time with some Americans that made the choice to come out on their weekend to endorse our founding fathers favorite past time, and learn more about them.

pics en rout.

The past is only the future with the lights on.

colycat

I just can't believe how fast Saturday went by. I think the pictures may look worse than the weather was. I wasn't cold at all and I'm kinda a warm weather wimp. 

Sunday the weather was super.  Full sun, jackets off, no gloves and 500 yrd shooting.  Great way to spend the day.

Great job on this shoot to Ahhshoot, Gumballhead, and Reckless.  Thanks to JoeZ for helping on Sat and JrTurbo on Sunday.  Speacial thanks to Endpoint for all the leg work at the range O0

Appleseed moves to LaCrosse for next weekend and it will be a good time.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Gumballhead

Hi Everyone!

I love spending my weekends this way, with like-minded Americans, sharing some history & heritage and al ittle marksmanship.  It sure beats sitting on the couch, watching the world go by.

The weather was actually pretty good, and no one seemed put off by the snow that we had Saturday.  Sunday surprised us with even better weather, and some determined riflemen who put their skills to test over at the 600y range.  Congratulations to Bill, our newest rifleman!  I'd also like to recognize our two young patriots, Jordan and Samantha.  You guys did a GREAT job, joining us ALL day in the cold and the snow.  I hope you guys had a great time, and come back to another Appleseed again in the future.

Nice to see some familiar faces again, and I'll see you again soon!

ahhshoot

ahhshoot

Earl

Great pictures of snow falling and Appleseeding to Winterseed! You know I liked the frosted beards and bib overalls, what I shoot in. :)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Johnnyappleseed

The founders are smiling  ;D
Good job Appleseeders  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

vernic82

Now that's a Winterseed!

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until next year (or travel) to get a new profile pic with a Red or Green snow cone on my head!

Great job guys!

Congrats to the New Riflemen!

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

AFTERMATH

That snow really helps take the bite outta the concrete firing line, no?

Great job guys! O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]