News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congratulations are in order...

Started by AFTERMATH, February 22, 2011, 04:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Please allow me to introduce you to Minnesota's newest Red Hat Instructor!

Janelle 'The Boarder Raider' COOPER!!!

It appears Alex(not me, the other one) stuck a hat on her down in Hastings, NE!
I suppose that's what we get for not having an Appleseed in MN this month.

Three Huzza'a for Cooper!

Huzza!  Huzza!  Huzza!

So, who's next?  Jackie 'Killer' the RifleDog?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Blue Five

Huzzah for Cooper!!  :bow:

Again, congrats to Cooper!

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Reddot

Well Done Cooper,  I'm sure Red's your color!!  Of course Green's going to look pretty good, too--congrats, again  O0 O0 O0

Alex

It is well deserved Red Hat, and it should not be to long before Cooper should have a Green Hat to boot. Great job! I look forward to working with you again soon.
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

AuntieBellum

Congratulations, Cooper!  I fully expect to run into you again soon on another border raiding adventure.  Wear that red hat proudly - you've earned it. 
P.S. I hear there's actually more work when you get a fancy red hat?!  Are you ready?   ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Cooper

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 22, 2011, 07:48:02 PM
Congratulations, Cooper!  I fully expect to run into you again soon on another border raiding adventure.  Wear that red hat proudly - you've earned it. 

There is no safe border except where the state's cadre is always stepping up to the task at hand, or I haven't heard about their neglect!!!  "Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess." (RM Cooper 1921-1997)

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 22, 2011, 07:48:02 PMP.S. I hear there's actually more work when you get a fancy red hat?!  Are you ready?   ^:)^

That's what I heard too, and that's why I decided that a hat-color change was essential!  Everyone can be so much more useful to the success of Project Appleseed with a blushing hat or a green-light hat!!

Get thee to an AIBC, go!
And understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Castle Mountain

We are proud of you Cooper O0 congratulations indeed.
Huzaaah, huzaah,huzaah :~ :~ :~ ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

Looking forward to seeing you on the trail.

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

SkyHawk

Congratulations Cooper!  Hope to see you again on the trail soon!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Patriot Gal

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  A WELL DESERVED RED HAT!!!  O0 ^:)^

Looking forward to seeing you out on the trail.
Patriot Gal
  :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

ItsanSKS

FYI:
Once you've achieved Red Hat status, you are now eligible for reimbursement for Instructor Travel, including to other states. 

Many states are increasingly experiencing a shortage of instructors and Shoot Bosses, so should you so desire to assist, you may now do so with less personal expense. 

Would be pleased to welcome you to Florida should you ever decide to make the trip.

Congratulations!

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Sven

Well, looks like I need to visit this site more often  :P ,  Big time belated congrats Cooper  O0  I'll see you this weekend at Winona.

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

Cooper

Thank you all for the recognition, and I should be seeing many of you on the trail later this year!   O0 O0 O0

As for travel and border raiding... let's see, there was WI last weekend, IA and the TN Nat'l Tea Party Miniseed in April, NY and MO in June...

And I've got to drag my daughter and her beau to an AS in WA or OR sometime...   Need a visit to the Southwest, the Northeast, the Southeast...

Got a great idea for the "bucketlist" -- attend a shoot in every state!

Fill the lines, so I have an excuse to come and help out!  

Cooper & Jackie the Rifledog

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Ratchett

Congrats Coop. Always welcome in Ohio!

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Cooper

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on March 09, 2011, 12:53:49 PM
Ratchett
Thanks, NR!

Maybe we can come up with some plans when we meet in Calverton...   ^-^

Janelle

GoldFish

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on March 09, 2011, 12:53:49 PM

Ratchett

Copy that!  Congratulations Cooper :bow:, and absolutely, you're always welcome in Ohio. O0
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

sparks1

Got a great idea for the "bucketlist" -- attend a shoot in every state!   (Cooper)

Hey!!!! that's my idea. And a good one too. Heh Heh!! Gotta wait till this pesky job doesn't get in the way tho'. :)

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

QuoteHey!!!! that's my idea. And a good one too. Heh Heh!! Gotta wait till this pesky job doesn't get in the way tho'
Well, now, that's an easy fix!   ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]