News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bone Creek Gun Club Pittsburg Ks Feb 19-20th

Started by The ][rishman, February 21, 2011, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

Great weekend, Great weather.

Thank you goes out to the following:

Bone Creek Gun Club for hosting the clinic this weekend.

George and Pattie for putting us up for the night. 

Jollybfd for running the line and also keeping me company on the drive.

CeliticMind for doing an excellent job on calling the line.  Feel free to come back and help in Kansas anytime.

AnnieOakley did a great job during Sunday safety briefing.  She kept the students involved using TPI.

Bakers Dozen.  What a great job you did telling the story of D.O.W.

We had 12 students on Saturday and 15 on Sunday.  Out of those 15 on Sunday, 6 proved they knew what they were about.

Congratulations to:  Jonathan, George, Derek, Craig, and the Johns (Putnam and Lewis).

We had one more knocking on the door with 208. 

Everyone was listening and attentive to instruction.  Including the IITs who were promoted.

It was my proud honor to promote Jollybfd to RH!  Whoo hoo.

AnnieOakley  IIT2

CelticMind  IIT3

Bakers Dozen IIT1

Hangfire took the OH to start his journey torward RH.  Welcome aboard Hangfire!

Feel free to post pics and share your own stories here.
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

Wow....sounds like a great weekend! Congrats to the new Riflemen...and the IITs, sounds like ][ put you to work! And Jolly....congrats on the RH!

See you all down the road...

Ben
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

henschman

I never cease to be amazed at how many of those Pittsburg shooters make Rifleman.  6/15 is pretty impressive!  Good job to shooters and instructors both.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Jephthah

John and John a couple of dangerous old men.  :)

Ever wonder why David stopped and picked up 5 stones on his way to battle Goliath? Turns out Goliath had 4 brothers. David had bold, unwavering faith that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would deliver the enemy into his hand.

"Who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?" -- 1 Samuel 17:26

"David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine." -- 1 Samuel 17:37

"Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, ... that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel."  -- 1 Samuel 17:45-46

Generic faith is not enough. Faith in God is the key.

Jephthah

George

Derek

John and John

The Jonathan

Craig

and a Orange Hat for Hangfire

Ever wonder why David stopped and picked up 5 stones on his way to battle Goliath? Turns out Goliath had 4 brothers. David had bold, unwavering faith that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would deliver the enemy into his hand.

"Who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?" -- 1 Samuel 17:26

"David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine." -- 1 Samuel 17:37

"Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, ... that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel."  -- 1 Samuel 17:45-46

Jephthah

Jephthah

Jephthah

CelticMind and jollybfd

George

AnnieOakley

Bakers Dozen

Last but not least, ][rishman

Jephthah

Jephthah

4bfox

FANTASTIC PICS! Feels like I was there....great job!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

AnnieOakley

Awesome pics!  Here is one from a different camera...

Celt

Yeah great photos thanks a bunch for taking the time to post them up. It was a great shoot, thanks to everyone who came out.
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

bakers dozen

These pictures are awesome.  :bow: Jephthah you are a natural photographer. I love the captions too.  ^:)^ Thank you  very much for taking them.
I look forward to seeing everyone again in the future at the next appleseed.
put them all in the gray -me  

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right. -Henry Ford 

"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should be treated with caution."
— J.K. Rowling

AdamSelene

I had a great time, appreciate all the help and encouragement from the instructors. 

][rishmen kept up the beatings and the marksmanship did improve.
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato