News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Manheim, PA 19, 20 Feb 2011

Started by tatical308, February 20, 2011, 05:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatical308

Manheim shoot 19, 20 Feb 2011....I won't say a great shoot because the weather was unbearable WIND but other than that it was another good shoot at Manheim.

We only had 3 shooters but they got up at 3am to drive to the shoot, put up with the wind and wind chill, and did not complain.
Steven, Arianna, and Danny had to be the most teachable attitudes I have ever seen. They were interested in the history to the point they asked many questions.

Big H got some trigger time with his AR and got zeroed in.

The host club had a chicken dinner fundraiser that we enjoyed eating for lunch.

Here are some pictures to remember and enjoy.

Thanks to all my red hats.
Aim small, miss small!

lprgcfrank

Some more shots from the shoot

Congratulations Greg - PA's newest Shoot Boss!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

mal

I've been on the Appleseed trail a bit under a year, but I'm noticing a trend.  The people that come out to an Appleseed are not ones to let much stand in their way, and they don't complain about the situations & setbacks.  This group was no exception.  These shooters were great.  They had a long drive, showed up despite the horrible conditions & kept a positive, teachable attitude the whole time.  Very impressive & very appreciated by the instructors.  Thank you. 

Hopefully Greg will see you again at a closer AS in April at Chambersburg (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20414.0)! 
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Big H

Persistent shooters persevered through cold and wind to learn marksmanship and heritage.
And PA has a new Shoot Boss.
Congratulations!