News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Indianapolis IN, Feb 12th

Started by yellowhousejake, February 13, 2011, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

What a great Winterseed, we had some serious shooters on the line. Everyone was well prepared. Prepared to shoot, prepared for the weather, prepared to learn. We made excellent time going through the lessons as everyone picked up the skills quickly and the improvement showed after each skill was taught.

The weather just squeaked by as a Winterseed. While it started plenty cold and windy, once the sun got started in it warmed up quite nicely. Warmed up enough I got ice down my neck three times from the snow melting off the trees above us and the target line looked like the Arctic Ocean complete with ice floes.

We had no safety issues, no ammo issues, no big equipment issues. We did have a shooter discover, much as I did, that progressive lenses are not always enough. Mark worked through his vision problem as well as he could and his stage one and stage two scores proved he could shoot well. His stage three and four said it might be time to get a scope. I look forward to seeing him back on the line and giving him a patch.

We had four shooters take home a patch. Steve, Dave, Brian, and Zack all walked away with the coveted Winterseed patch and the targets to prove they earned it. Mike will back at Bedford, with his own rifle, and I expect him to do well. Everyone else shot excellent scores and I hope to see you all again this year. Everyone was shooting well enough that with just a bit of dryfire practice the patch will be obtainable.

This group certainly enjoyed the history. I saw rapt attention being given, plenty of nodding heads, and many surprised looks as the strikes were given and the benediction wrapped it all together. It was a great pleasure spending the day with you all, I only wish it had been a two day event.

Thank you for coming. Let's see it our photographer has some pictures ready.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

brianheeter

Thanks to Jake, Neicie (did I spell that right?), AJ and -1 for the excellent instruction and encouragement.  I improved my shooting, learned some history and made some friends.  A great day!  Looking forward to seeing you all on the line in the future.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Griffeycom

Quote from: brianheeter on February 14, 2011, 12:09:12 PM
Thanks to Jake, Neicie (did I spell that right?), AJ and -1 for the excellent instruction and encouragement.  I improved my shooting, learned some history and made some friends.  A great day!  Looking forward to seeing you all on the line in the future.

brian

Hey Brian (Mike here), nice meeting you at the shoot and thank you for all of your help and assistance !

SPQR

Here we are at Marion County Fish and Game in the dripping chill!  I certainly had fun with an excellent group of shooter and I thank you all.  We had excellent groups and produced new Riflemen.  Now, of course, it is up to those Rilfemen to consider if the patch was the goal all along or if there was something more to it...  For those that don't know what that decision is like, i.e. they haven't gotten their patch yet, they need not concern themselves with such high-minded frivolity.  They only need to remember the 6 Steps (say it with me!) and the safety rules (say them with Minus 1)!  Take the Appleseed home, find your own perfect self, then bring him back and see how he does.   O0
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

yellowhousejake

Not all the pictures are ready, but here are the Rifleman shots!

Brian

Dave

Steve

And Zach

Congratulations, fine shooting. Now where are those other pics.....

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Did I miss out or what?!  Looks like everyone had a great time - congrats to the new Riflemen, and I expect to see those cooks back on the line for another go at that 210 soon.   O0  Now all of you, go forth - there's 7th stepping to do!   ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

We need those other pictures so we can see more of ME! !@#)
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

yellowhousejake

I cannot resist...

First, we get a safety briefing.

Time for some Redcoats!

A little instruction

Some IMC, what's that class? Inches, Minutes and what?

More instruction, great Chicken Wings!

Fine tuning... Hammering those AQTs

A great shoot, thanks everyone!

YHJ

PS.

"I smell good because I wear Old Spice. Ladies look at your man, now look at me, look at your man, now back at me, I can make anyone a Rifleman".

YHJ

Niecie

"Folks, we are gathered together today so you can bask in all that I consider great... ME"

;D ;D ;D

Actually SPQR is an awesome story teller, as well as an outstanding Red hat! As always, it is a lot of fun sharing the line with him!

Thank you to all that turned out and made my day! Congrats to our Winterseed riflemen and I look forward to seeing you all soon!
Niece

SPQR

In all seriousness, folks.  Thanks to Niece for the excellent pics and support.  Thanks to the shooters.  Conditions, being as damp as they became, could have produced some griping and grousing when you think about laying down in that melting snow and getting soaked in the kind of cold that makes you have to pee all the time.  I don't think I heard a single complaint.  If I did, I was too preoccupied with my own preening to notice it. O0

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

yellowhousejake

I vote it was the excellent history that kept everyone occupied. SPQR does a great history, you can tell when someone is regurgitating facts verses telling a story from the heart. SPQR doesn't spew facts.

Now everyone knows what role the quarter horse played in winning our freedom, you didn't learn that in High School.

YHJ

YHJ