News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID Feb 12-13 AAR

Started by actineon, February 13, 2011, 12:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

actineon

The Cutter family showed us midWinter couldn't discourage them. Becky repeated rifleman. James shot his first rifleman score at an Appleseed. Huzzah!  O0

Clodhopper came over from Montana to shoot and share his wisdom. Thanks for coming.

The one bad thing about Winterseed patches is when it's wintertime but conditions are not below freezing and the weather is not an "impediment to body and spirit" the poor shoot boss gets dumped on for not allowing Winterseed patches. Oh whoa is me! Boo hoo.  :'(  Temperature was in the 40s and got as low as 37, but no rainfall, snowfall, or any real bad conditions. We were practically in the tropics.

Western Rose

Becky, well done!!! O0

James, congratulations!!! O0 We're all disappointed that we weren't able to be there (especially Patrick), but we are all happy that you shot your rifleman score.

Clodhopper.... I heard you shot some, can't wait to hear about that. ;) I still can't believe that you're only two hours away from us and we'll miss seeing you... :'(

Actineon, don't worry, you aren't the only SB in that predicament when it comes to the winterseed patches.... Thanks for the post and the pictures!!! ^:)^ Looks like I've missed another GREAT CdA shoot that you've run.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Mark Davis

Had a nice trip over a few hills to the Coeur d'Alene Shoot,
James, I got a little carried away crossing out the words on the back of your shirt, maybe I have some whiteout correction fluid for that!
It was good shooting with the the North Idaho crew.

Evenstar

Wow, looks like I missed yet another awesome CdA shoot. I can't wait to be up there next month! ;)

Way to go, James!!! You worked hard for that patch; well done. O0

Becky, you did it again! ..:.. :cool2:

Great job instructors. I'm really looking forward to working with you all soon.

Oh, and ol' clody, I'm SO looking forward to the IBC. ^-^ >:D ;)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Reformed Redneck

Nice job you all!

Congratulations James on the Rifleman score. Now to press on to becoming a more rounded Rifleman.

Thanks for the photos. It helps seeing what's going on when we can't be there.

Actineon, you are right. The popularity of the Shoot Boss declines in direct proportion to the nicer weather when the Winterseed patch is at stake. Well, you know the right response; "I don't make policy. I just keep it." Besides, there could still be some significant weather for the next couple of scheduled shoots anyway.

Best regards to all,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Mark Davis

Well we might have got away with calling it "winterseed".........but there's James running around in a Tshirt.

Earl

"The one bad thing about Winterseed patches is when it's wintertime but conditions are not below freezing and the weather is not an "impediment to body and spirit" the poor shoot boss gets dumped on for not allowing Winterseed patches. Oh whoa is me! Boo hoo." says the Shoot Boss.   

It is a very pretty patch, but really should be reserved for those tougher shoots, but the true reward is always in making the shot. No matter what the day has provided to overcome.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

NorthIdahoGal

Thank you instructors for making the the wonderful shoot this weekend possible, even though it was only our family that showed up! :)

James and my mom were very happy to finally get their rifleman's patches.  My dad says she's stubborn sticking with iron sights, I say she's dedicated.  Her high score of the weekend was 227! :o

Here are my pictures from Saturday; I'll post the ones I took on Sunday later. ;)

NIG
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.  Luke 22:36

actineon

On Sunday, Laura got rifleman for the first time. Huzzah!  ^:)^ Keith repeated. The whole family shot rifleman this weekend.  O0 I'd advise against rustling this family's chickens.

100% rifleman at this shoot. Good job.

We had an unfortunate incident to report, as shown below.

Saga of the Battle of the Candy Wars

It all started with an NPOA drill, 5 shots in the upper right square, 5 shots in the lower left square, alternating squares with each shot. The highly motivational and awe inspiring shoot boss promised a whole piece of Brach's Royals caramel in the flavor of their choice if all 10 rounds were in the black. It was reported that this was the first strike of the match, taunting with candy. The unbelievably generous shoot boss's honor was promptly impugned with comments about being happy he actually specified a whole piece as they expected him to bite off a small portion and offer it as a reward.

Shortly before the preparation period, the magnanimous shoot boss dutifully informed the shooters that the 30 caliber rule did not apply; all shots had to break the black. This was the second strike of the match, the removal of the 30 caliber rule.

After the shooting was done, much to the dismay of the disappointed shoot boss, none had earned the prize. The third strike of the match occurred when the shoot boss regretfully reminded the shooters of their performance by licking a sumptuous piece of caramel while moaning with pleasure.

At this time, the war started in earnest. The shooters responded with the first volley. One said, "The first step is to admit you have a candy problem." Another, "The second step is to do it in public." Thus clearly demonstrating a wanton willingness to engage in heinous atrocities against the poor innocent shoot boss far beyond any reasonable standard of human decency. The unruly mob realized they significantly outnumbered the ill-treated shoot boss. Demeanors quickly turned ugly and the shoot boss had to guard his cache of the coveted caramel gold. The outnumbered victimized shoot boss was forced to retreat while uttering the time honored battle cry, "Neener, neener, neener."

This unbiased and objective report can be considered reasonably accurate. After all, everyone knows that history is written by the victor, and I kept the candy. Bwaa haa haa haa.

Evenstar

Candy Wars.... that's great guys! **) **) **) O0 Man, I really missed out on this event.... ;)

I was thrilled to hear about Laura getting her patch on Sunday! Way to PERSIST! Congratulations! ^:)^ :bow:

It's awesome to have another Idaho Rifleman Family. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

Reaction to Rich's post -------->  :) ...  ??? ... :o ... ^-^ ... ;D ... :D ... **) ...   O0 ...  :cool2: 

Rich, that's just plain awesome. :))

Mrs. Cutter, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ^:)^ ..:.. We are all thrilled to hear the news! Wish we could have been there!

Becky and Rich, Thanks SOOOO much for posting the pictures!!!

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Reformed Redneck

Actineon,

You made me laugh for the first time in a while. You could have called for backup. We berated SB's have to stick together.

I think we should institutionalize this as the 'Actineon Drill'. You'll be a legend.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

eert

Well, there was a second act to the candy wars.  An IIT who shall remain nameless offered his (or her) personal stash of assorted fun size candy bars to any shooter who could put 5 of 10 shots into the money at the 100 yard KD target.  Needless to say, all shooters met this goal, and the chocolate supply was heartily depleted.  So, who's your favorite instructor?  Bribes do work oh so well.

Highlights---seeing all Cutters shoot Rifleman!!!!WAY TO GO!
-----Scoring Cedarpole's 240!!!
-----Having another great FERNAN WINTERSEED, no matter what the SB says!
-----Inventing the 17 caliber rule, because I was tried of scoring Becky's targets!
-----Getting to meet and work with Clodhopper.  Hope he can join us again when Roland isn't sick.

See ya all in April.

EERT

NorthIdahoGal

Alright folks, you've all read Actineon's version of the Candy Wars.  Now here's what really happened. ^-^

This is the story of the Battle of Confection Corner, which took place at Fernan Range.
   It all started on a frigid, winter day in February.  The first strike of the match came when General Actineon displayed his bag of candy, and proceeded to taunt the shooters with it.  This action, although provocative, did not rouse the shooters' ire enough to cause them to take action.  The first strike burns for a moment, then fizzles out.
   The second strike of the match came when he offered a challenge - put 5 rounds each into the upper right, and lower left sighter squares and win a piece of said candy.  When it became evident some would win, General Actineon announced that he would replace the time-honored '.30 caliber rule,' with an unheard-of '.17 caliber rule' - an intolerable act!  As the crowd voiced their concerns he shouted, "Disperse ye Appleseeders, you do not deserve this candy!"  This second strike of the match kindled a bit, but it too failed to spark a war.
   The third strike of the match came when General Actineon, hearing the shooters' protests, held up a piece of the coveted candy for all to see.  The shooters watched in horror as he moved the coveted morsel towards his mouth, licked it, then held it glistening out to them as he intoned, "Who wants it now?". 
   This strike of the match caught fire and blazed forth.  Even Captain Eert now sided with the colonists as they marched forth to meet General Actineon.  --  demanding he surrender, and lay down his candy. 
   Surrounded by a ring of moving Appleseeders, General Actineon knew what he had to do.  Sensing it was only a matter of time before he would be forced to surrender his precious 'caramel gold', he began eating it as fast as he could. By the time the Appleseeders got to him Actineon was holding nothing more than an empty bag, groaning in pain.  Legend has it that he was unable to shoot prone for 3 days due to a 'high-center' problem.

-Least that's how we remember it...(And of course this account -- like Actineon's -- is completely unbiased.) ;D

NIG

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.  Luke 22:36

Mark Davis

I sure would like to read General Actinoen's request to Field Marshall Fred for reinforcements.
He was munching on that bag of candy all day Satuerday, I wonder if he has a tummy ache today.

Laura, congratulations on that riflewoman's badge, once you do enough stuff right to break that 210 sound barrier another seventeen is pretty easy.

TruTenacity

This AAR needs to go down in Appleseed history as the one that brought the most joy and laughter to the faithful followers of CdA AAR reports. You guys are awesome!

Laura, congratulations.
James, same to you.

Evenstar said it best, "It's awesome to have another Idaho Rifleman Family."

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Western Rose

Wow.... Just wow........

I don't think I've laughed so hard in a LONG time!!! ;D ^:)^ ..:..

50th Appleseed

GoldFish

Quote from: TruTenacity on February 15, 2011, 12:31:14 AM
This AAR needs to go down in Appleseed history as the one that brought the most joy and laughter to the faithful followers of CdA AAR reports. You guys are awesome!

Being a "Faithful Follower" of CdA AAR's myself, I must agree. :)
I've gotta get out to CdA (or at least Idaho) soon to experience some of that 'Magic' for my own. O0

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

actineon

Good job NorthIdahoGal, I was wondering if I could get my version of the history out unscathed. This Appleseed was too much fun.

By the way, for those of you who didn't attend Coeur d'Alene, I really did lick a piece of caramel while moaning with pleasure in front of the mob's incredulous eyes. You can't expect me to let those NPOA misses have no consequences, can you?

Roland

Hi ya'll,

Sorry I missed this shoot, sounds like it was way too much fun though :D. regretfully I was sick, just barely recovered today. James and Laura, big congratulations, I'm sorry I missed your riflemen targets, though I'm sure there will be more.

*coughOrangehatscough* Couldn't resist!

See all of the instructors in March,

Dirk/Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

NorthIdahoGal

Quote from: actineon on February 15, 2011, 04:46:22 PM
Good job NorthIdahoGal, I was wondering if I could get my version of the history out unscathed. This Appleseed was too much fun.
Thanks; my dad helped me write it though. ;) 

Okay guys.  As promised, here are my pictures from Sunday.  Enjoy! ;)

NIG

NorthIdahoGal

Here's a few more.  (Don't know why they didn't post the first time). ???

NIG

Betsy

Although this didn't qualify as a Winterseed, frostbite wasn't an issue, and everyone had a good time.  The photos I took Sunday were pretty much duplicates of those others have already posted, except for the one of Actineon reading PCs.  I really wanted to get one of all 4 of the Cutters in one photo, holding up their Rifleman patches, but got distracted before we got it done.  I especially admire Laura's determination to shoot a Rifleman score without a scope, which makes her Rifleman patch even more meaningful.  Awesome family, and a real pleasure to work with.