News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gunshow - Pine Tech - Pine City, MN - Feb. 26-27

Started by AFTERMATH, February 03, 2011, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

http://www.pinetech.edu/news-and-information/gun-show

It's usually fairly good-sized.  Given it's proximity to Hinckley; we need to get a table!  (Assuming one's still available)

Who's up for manning a table on the 26th and/or 27th?  What times?
Please respond with your availability!

!!!TABLEAREA 51 SECURED!!!

ROSTER:Set-up:  07:30 - Sat.
Saturday AM:  Taylor / Aftermath
Saturday PM:  Aftermath
Sunday AM:  Puma Mami / Adamt / Aftermath
Sunday PM: Puma Mami / Adamt / Aftermath

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 03, 2011, 10:11:46 PM

Aftermath

I can drive up and help all day on Sunday, February 27th (9am to 4pm). I would need to be the 2nd person there, though, since I'm new to the program. I guess you would need two people minimum anyway to coordinate breaks, lunch, etc.

My son is interested in a career in gunsmithing, so it would be good to get a sense of what that school is like. He's with his dad that weekend, so he would not be coming with me.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on February 04, 2011, 09:03:09 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 03, 2011, 10:11:46 PM

Aftermath

I can drive up and help all day on Sunday, February 27th (9am to 4pm). I would need to be the 2nd person there, though, since I'm new to the program. I guess you would need two people minimum anyway to coordinate breaks, lunch, etc.

My son is interested in a career in gunsmithing, so it would be good to get a sense of what that school is like. He's with his dad that weekend, so he would not be coming with me.

Sounds great!  I've called and left a msg...  I highly doubt they won't have any tables open; as it usually snakes through the entire school. 
Though they may run out of tables....   #)

I hear they're the best school for gun-smithing in Minnesota; and they've always got a table manned with students that could probably give a great perspective on thier class.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

adamt

AFTERMATH, keep this post updated with table space and times. I will be willing to help with setup and put some time in. How much will depend on how much time off my boss will give me.

We should have the required setup left over from the MWCA show from the weekend before.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

Quote from: adamt on February 07, 2011, 08:25:00 PM
AFTERMATH, keep this post updated with table space and times. I will be willing to help with setup and put some time in. How much will depend on how much time off my boss will give me.

We should have the required setup left over from the MWCA show from the weekend before.

AdamT.

Ditto...need updates on this one.

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Two calls, two messages, no response yet.... :-\
Guess I'm gonna need to put that persistance to work! >:D

Taylor

I can tentatively sign up for one day depending on working around a pending trip down to IL to settle my recently deceased Mom's affairs.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 10, 2011, 09:22:41 PM
Two calls, two messages, no response yet.... :-\
Guess I'm gonna need to put that persistence to work! >:D

I spent many years as an executive assistant, and I've seen a lot of requests get buried in a full voicemail queue...

Have you tried pressing zero to get an administrative assistant? Sometimes they can get your message to the right person more quickly, or help you expedite what you are trying to do (registration form to send in?). Or maybe they can let you know a good time to try to reach the person.

Sometimes faxing a note can help, too, if you can get a name and fax number. Or going in person, but that's not always possible during business hours.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

sparks1

I can't commit yet, but I will try to be there a day if possible.

(John Maxwell)

Taylor

Sign me up for Saturday but I'll need to leave by mid-afternoon.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 14, 2011, 07:32:59 PM
Alright, table #51 is secured!

Just confirming I will be there all day Sunday.

Quote from: Taylor on February 10, 2011, 10:11:38 PM
I can tentatively sign up for one day depending on working around a pending trip down to IL to settle my recently deceased Mom's affairs.

Taylor, I'm sorry to hear you lost your mom recently.

Taylor

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Taylor on February 10, 2011, 10:11:38 PM
Guess I should read my threads...  Sorry to hear about your Mom. 
We're glad to have your help but don't worry if you need some extra time down there, no need to press yourself.
Your fellow Riflemen are here for you!

Taylor

Thanks Aftermath but I'm not heading down to IL until March 2nd. I can't stay the entire day at the gun show Saturday because I'm baby dog-sitting while Dicey (aka Joyce) is out in CO checking up on her kids. Kenny (aka the big yellow dog) can't be trusted on his own for the whole day. What time do we start on Saturday the 26th and can you give me an address so I can mapquest it? Thanks.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Taylor on February 17, 2011, 10:24:22 AM
Thanks Aftermath but I'm not heading down to IL until March 2nd. I can't stay the entire day at the gun show Saturday because I'm baby dog-sitting while Dicey (aka Joyce) is out in CO checking up on her kids. Kenny (aka the big yellow dog) can't be trusted on his own for the whole day. What time do we start on Saturday the 26th and can you give me an address so I can mapquest it? Thanks.

Yeah, those big yellow dogs are always causing problems. %)

Pine Technical College
900 Fourth St SE. Pine City, MN 55063
320-629-5100
Map

Set-up starts at 06:00; but I wouldn't think it should take two hours to set up.  07:30 would probably be fine.
Show starts at 08:00 on Saturday.

AFTERMATH

adamt

Count me in for some time on Sunday. I got roped into working on Saturday so that is a no-go.

AFTERMATH, what time is the action starting on Sunday?

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Puma Mami

Do I need to bring anything on Sunday? or will everything be there already and set up from Saturday? Is someone coming to pick the stuff up at the end of the day Sunday?

I'll plan to arrive by 8:30 am Sunday, and I'll need to leave pretty close after the event closes at 4pm.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Puma Mami on February 24, 2011, 08:21:19 PM
Do I need to bring anything on Sunday? or will everything be there already and set up from Saturday? Is someone coming to pick the stuff up at the end of the day Sunday?

I'll plan to arrive by 8:30 am Sunday, and I'll need to leave pretty close after the event closes at 4pm.

Should be all set on Sunday!  I'm sure I'll be there....  Just wanted to leave space on the list. ;)

AFTERMATH

Could use some more help on Saturday PM.... ~~:)

AFTERMATH

Pine Tech Gun Show - Day 1:  Objective complete.
Thank you Taylor, Sparks, and three!
The set-up was sub-optimal; but the location appeared to be great.
Much like those new strip malls they keep putting in.  While it's a real pain in the grass; it forces one to drive by and get jammed in front of the store.
Thus, we were quite difficult to avoid, and even more difficult to flee as soon as you were stuck in our trap. >:D
We certainly at times, had our hands full.... Of tri-folds, with which we quickley filled the hands of the passer-by-ers.
Therefor, our tiny cramped little space made for an excellent '300 Spartans' defense.  They'd have to force there through! &)
Traffic was high, and interest seemed to be quite up there.  Perhaps as much as 80% of those we spoke with showed interest.  And it seemed as though about 20% were quite excited.  Perhaps one in ten was from WI, aka. East MN.  About 75%, of people were within 50 miles of Hinckley.
Past experience had shown that most just take a tri-fold, perhaps a card, and very few actually take flyers...
Considering that and my depleted ink supply, I only had about 50 Hinckley flyers printed up.  Needless to say, they were gobbled up halfway through the day, and someone even snuck off with my master copy...  Thus, preventing any further reproduction, untill this evening.
I would actually say that flow-thru/interest/interaction was at least, if not more, than it was a the Colleseum show last spring.
As of today, I am confident our efforts shall produce results in the vicinity.  They'd better!  These gunshows are more fatiguing than an August Appleseed in MO; after a 13 hour drive and no sleep!
We also, met some possible range contacts.  More shall be forthcoming should they manifest.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Aftermath

p.s.  Futhest contact was a guy from NE.  Who had already heard of Appleseed, so kudos cornhuskers!
p.s.s.  Jennifer/Adam; they're using a VIP card system for this show(for exhibitors).  I've got the cards; so give me a call when your in, or near.
          76 3 74 2 539 1

adamt

I am still planning an early arrival. It is a 99% probability that Ian will be with me.  I will see you in the am.

AdamT

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

Don't forget the CMP sales catalog.   O0  O0  These seem to be a great draw for the GS crowd.

This was a good experience for me...watching Aftermath and Taylor seize the day and greet any and all passerbys and promote AS. I generally would have waited for some sign of interest to promote. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE !!! Getting their attention and PROMOTING is key here. I am glad I went..learned alot and had fun.

(John Maxwell)

Puma Mami

I'm glad it went so well!

Yes, when I've worked tables for customer service we were always standing or walking around the whole time and engaging people. So that does help a lot. And it is very tiring. I'll wear my good hiking boots...

I think there are a lot of people who will be very enthusiastic about Appleseed -- they just haven't heard about it yet.

I'll call when I get close to the venue in the morning.

AFTERMATH

A couple more things; before I forget...

Turns out we have previous shooter in thier gunsmithing program...  Gave him the materials, so he can Seventh Step his entire class; for which he cheerfully obliged.

And in talking to the guys at the front desk; a miscommunication with a parting guest, unveiled a brand new gun show promo opportunity.
AS labled rifle sleeves.  The kind that everybody needs because no one acually includes the case with thier sales.  And in minnesota it's the law that it must be transported in an enclosure specifically designed for a firearm.  So, what do people do right now?
They take a length of cheap fabric, sometimes even paper(or something similar), fold it in half stitch it together and sell it for 5 bucks!
I figure something like that could be produced for as little as $.50, or less.  And given away, or per donation, that way they always have it with them and thier rifle.  Because even though they're really not designed to protect the rifle, and really are temporary, people will use them...  Because they're cheap...

Anyway, we can talk more on this in the morning....

See you all there!

AFTERMATH

Pine Tech Gun Show - Day 2:  Objective complete!
Mission Success! (pending actuall results at Appleseeds)

Thanks to Puma Mami, adamt and Dew Drinker; for your excellent representation of the Appleseed.
Today's turn out wasn't quite as dramatic as Saturday's.  A slow start, a decent rush, and a long drop off.
But it was still a good number.  Larger than most the shows around here.
We've already got a table reserved for next year, and it what should be a better location.
More room behind us; so we can set up a banner and/or flags; and it's on the outer rim of the main circuit.

Alright, now lets not rest on this, we still need more promotions!

sparks1

Alright, now lets not rest on this, we still need more promotions!

Yes Boss!! :bow:

(John Maxwell)

adamt

The show seemed to go good in my opinion. A lot of people seemed interested, the others, we will keep trying.

Thanks to Pine City tech college, good venue.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln