News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Atlanta IN, January 28th 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, January 31, 2011, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

It's becoming clear that the weather brings out the best. While we only had one out of eight and two walk on shooters actually show up last weekend, they were all true Riflemen at heart.

Dan came prepared, he had read what he needed and what he needed to do. His willingness to learn was obvious from the beginning and it showed when he scored Rifleman with a 210 on his first AQT Sunday. He then made the loud and clear statement that he learned the lesson when he shot 229 and a 219!

Beth and Norma, such a surprise. These fine ladies walked on the line looking for Appleseed Saturday morning. They came prepared and even dressed for the weather, sticking it out all day. Norma brought her grandfather's 100 year old pump winchester and several boxes of 22 shorts. Beth had a new Mossburg, looked like it had never been shot to me. We rigged up a sling for Beth and worked with Norma on shooting without a sling. Once we found a way for Norma to work the action with minimal motion she got on paper and stayed there. her groups continued to shrink until she was doing about all the rifle would offer for accuracy. Beth just kept at the six steps getting her groups down to a solid 8 MOA. Both ladies had nice round groups showing they were following the instruction and applying what they learned. I have no doubt they will shot Rifleman.

Even with the sad loss on my prized coffee pumper I would call it a great a weekend. No we did not have a full line, but we had plenty of time to devote to individual instruction, with great people. I look forward to seeing each of you on the line again.

So Auntibelleum, got that Rifleman picture ready?

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Congratulations, Dan!  I was truly impressed when I showed up on Sunday to see Dan build a perfect position for that morning red coat.  It was certainly clear that you took everything you were taught Saturday and put it into action for those AQTs on Sunday!  You brought that oh-so-very-important teachable attitude, and it showed.  What a pleasure to have you there.  I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sadly I couldn't be there on Saturday, so I missed out on working with Beth and Norma.  I heard great things about you both on Sunday, though, so I hope you'll make it back soon.

Dan's perfect position:

YHJ joins Dan on the line:

And take a close look at those AQTs...you might notice an angle not often tried.  It adds a whole new level of difficulty when you have to shift right and down with every NPOA shift.   ;D  Our new Rifleman did a great job with those, too:

Another great Winterseed!  Oh, how I love these Winterseeds!!!  Markmanship, heritage, and snow - sounds like a great weekend to me!   ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ATM

Congrats, Snoop! Way to go!  O0

I enjoyed Saturday and hated to miss Sunday.
Dan, Beth and Norma soaked up the instruction and history and were a genuine pleasure to spend the day with.
Very impressed with the way they conquered every obstacle the cold could throw their way.

These three were ahead of the curve regarding their history as well - sharing some insightful thoughts after the benediction.

Nice pics, AB! Glad you could be there Sunday.  :)

Sorry about the coffee pumper, YHJ... I mourn with you in your loss.  :'(

Hope to see you all again soon!

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

SnoopLoggyDog

I want to offer my gracious thanks to yellowhousejake, Auntibelleum and ATM for hosting an outstanding weekend of history, marksmanship and patriotism. Their instruction was superb. I thought I knew a little about marksmanship, but boy was I wrong. Until attending an Appleseed, I had no idea how little I knew about the basics. My marksmanship confidence and ability was improved 100% in one weekend.  This has to be the best program that I have ever participated in. I will definitely be back to improve my basic skills and learn new ones as well.

When I walked into work on Monday, everyone was asking me why I was smiling from ear to ear. All day long, I was showing my coworkers my targets and challenging them to join the ranks of dedicated Americans. It got me back in touch with the importance of being a dedicated citizen. This a a great program that needs to be experienced by everyone who considers themselves an American. I am already planning on bringing my daughters to a spring Appleseed.

I hope Beth and Norma return with their families and qualify as Riflemen. They were on the way to making excellent progress. 

And to top it off, ATM provided a special reward of "Tactical Bacon" for the first one to achieve Rifleman status. That was awesome!

SnoopLoggyDog