News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wisconsin Newspapers **Promotions!!**

Started by Trisha, January 15, 2011, 02:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

Newspapers that we can all use to promote our Appleseeds! I will soon add an information paragraph that anyone can use. I will also add some pictures that could be used as well.

There are more newspapers I need to add, plus get more contact information for the newspapers I have below.

Newspapers near Madison (southern, middle part of the state):
paper: The Star
town: Sun Prairie
publication date: Thursday

paper: Herald-Independent
town: Cottage Grove/Monona
pub date: Thursday

paper: Waunakee Tribune
town: Waunakee

paper: Deforest Times
town: Deforest

paper: Poynette Press
town: Poynette
pub date: Wednesday

paper: Lodi Enterprise
town: Lodi

paper: The Shopper
town: Lodi/Waunakee/Deforest/Poynette
pub date: Tuesday

paper: The Courier
town: Marshall/Waterloo

paper: McFarland Thistle
town: Mcfarland

paper: Cambridge News/Deerfield Independent
town: Cambridge/Deerfield

paper: Lake Mills Leader
town: Lake Mills

These 3 are 45 minutes to about an hour southeast of Madison
paper: Whitewater Good Morning Advertiser
town: Whitewater
pub date: Monday

paper: Daily Jefferson Co. Union
town: Fort Atkinson/Jefferson
pub date: Mon-Fri (get in 2 days prior to 11 am)

paper: Milton Courier
town: Milton

East side-Milwaukee area
paper: Ozaukee Press
town: Port Washington
contacts info:
Ads:
ads@ozaukeepress.com
pharris@ozaukeepress.com
holly@ozaukeepress.com
Sports News
sports@ozaukeepress.com
phone: 262-284-3494
http://www.ozaukeepress.com/

paper: Sheyboygan Press
town: Sheboygan
contact info:
Denise Foerster-Sales Rep
920-453-5198
email: dfoerster@sheboygan-press.com
Pete Barth-Sports/Recreation Desk manager   
920-453-5156
email: pbarth@sheboygan-press.com

paper: The Sounder
contact info:
Gary-the Editor
920-994-9244
email: editor@thesounder.com

crash

Here are the local news papers and advertisement weeklies for the Chippewa valley:

WI Tradin Post

Address:
424 Galloway Street
PO Box 209
Eau Claire, WI 54702-0209

Phone: 715-835-5050
Kurt ext. 105
Mike ext. 103
Brian ext. 107
Joane ext. 108
Fax: 715-835-8824
Email: tradinpost@lee.net

The Chippewa Herald

321 Frenette Drive, P.O. Box 69
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
(715) 723-5515

Classifieds (Toll Free) :
(866) 477-0648
General (Toll Free):
(800) 236-5515
Fax:
(715) 723-9644

Leader Telegram

Eau Claire Facility
701 S. Farwell St.
Eau Claire, WI 54701

Phone 715-833-9200
Fax 715-833-9244

Dunn County News
710 Main St. - PO Box 40
Menomonie, WI 54751
(715) 235-3411

Classifieds:
Toll Free: (866) 477-0648
   General:
Toll Free: (800) 236-5515

Ladysmith news:

120 W 3rd St
P.O. Box 189
Ladysmith, WI 54848
715-532-5591
Fax 715-532-6644
Email: Ladysmith News

Bloomer Advance
1210 15th Ave.
P.O. Box 25
Bloomer WI 54724
(715) 568-3100
badvance@bloomer.net

Rice Lake Chronotype

Helen Finazzo, Advertising Sales
Email:    hfinazzo@chronotype.com
Bob Dorrance, Advertising Mgr.
Email:    bdorrance@chronotype.com
Barb Burdick, Advertising Sales
Email:    bburdick@chronotype.com
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

dragonfly

I'll start a list of outdoor papers:

On Wisconsin Outdoors
20240 West Rustic Ridge Drive
New Berlin WI 53146
Phone: 262-549-5550
Production & Advertising
Karen Cluppert, Not just words
ads@onwisconsinoutdoors.com

Web site: www.onwisconsinoutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

Standard community calendar blurb.  Please edit for specific use in your area, or for improvement.

The Revolutionary War Veteran's Association (RWVA) will be conducting an APPLESEED Rifle Marksmanship Clinic on April 16-17, 2011 at the Winnequah Gun Club in Lodi, WI from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. both days.   Learn the foundational skills of the RIFLEMAN; 3 shooting positions, use of the sling, six steps to firing the shot, Natural Point of Aim, how to zero your rifle using Inches/Minutes/Click, and more.   You will also hear the true stories of the American Revolution surrounding the events of April 19, 1775; when marksmanship met history and American Heritage was born.   Women attend both days for $10.  Kids under 21 are $5.  Active military, elected officials, Law Enforcement Officers with ID can register FREE.  For more information or to register visit the Appleseed website:  appleseedusa.org or call Laurie at 608 356-6476.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Taylor

Thanks OG. Will use for the Spooner Appleseed.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Old Glory!

Excellent Taylor!  Has anyone listed our events on the shooooters forums of WI?  Especially the April 16-17 Appleseeds?

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

CIVLAKFLT

Trempealeau County Times, The Arrow Shopper, Banner Journal, The Shopper, Clark County Press

Charles Gauger, General Manager and Advertising Sales Associate
36435 Main Street
Whitehall, WI  54773
Ph.: 715-538-4765
chuck@trempcotimes.com