News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Indianapolis IN, January 8th 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, January 08, 2011, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

What a great shoot, for only having three shooters I had a great time, and made a rifleman to boot. I got to hand out two Winterseed patches as Dholder came as a shooter and re-qualified (I think he just wanted the patch ;^).

Nick and Bob were great students and learned quickly, picking up on the instruction very fast and showed great improvement all day. It was cold, but it was sunny, and the shooting was good. Congratulations Bob, the first Hoosier Winterseed patch honors were well earned!

Someone post some pictures...

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

I second everything YHJ said above.  We had some great shooters and certainly dedicated Americans on our line today.  They showed despite the cold temps and fresh layer of snow from just last night, and were ready for a long day in sub-freezing temps.  They listened carefully to all of the instruction, asked questions, and took of the information back to their rifles to apply what they had just learned.  From the morning red coat to the afternoon red coat, you could see the difference it made.  Congratulations to Bob, our newest Indiana Rifleman!  And Nick, you came such a long way today: what was that first sight adjustment - 128 clicks up?!
Thanks for coming out and playing in the snow with us today.   ;D  We'll see everyone back on the line soon, I'm sure.  Right...?  &)  And bring a friend or two with you!   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

stschil

Jumping in with my two cents.....

I had a great time, doing something that I really love doing.  Helping people help themselves.  Our Nation is born of neighbors helping neighbors. Building communities and defending them so that WE, as their Posterity, have the rights and freedoms they so envisioned.   

Two more people set lips to the hose yesterday and took a good long drink.   I believe that both of them will be back (I can guarantee Nick will be) and will bring others with them.   They tasted sucess in the form of incredible knowledge and improvement of their skills.   They tasted sweet liberty in the actions of our Forefathers.  Who would not want to share that with others?

Congratulations to Bob and DHolder for earning that cool Winterseed hardware!

Now, I'm with YHJ on this....SOMEONE POST SOME PICS!    ^:)^
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

Stubborn Yankee

It took a lot of help from Jay Pea to get these posted!

stschil explaining sight picture

AuntieBellum with a very clear presentation of IMC

More IMC

Very attentive group; results showed how well everyone was listening!

Yellowhousejake with some helpful explanation.

Bob being awarded that coveted Winterseed patch--Good Work!

Don re-qualified and picked up his Winterseed Patch.

Group photo op

Even Abby got in the picture!