News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Sierra Vista, AZ Dec 18-19 2010

Started by Kaiser Leib, December 18, 2010, 10:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Leib

Cold for Arizona, but appropriate for the Montana instructor crew we imported, I suppose. I was glad to see some new riflemen among us, and gladder still to see a new IIT join the ranks! I'd like to thank all our shooters for their attendance and congratulate them on their newly-achieved marksmanship skills.

Thanks are also in order to AZBinary and AZMule, who acquitted themselves with the distinction to which I've grown accustomed here in the desert, and to Clodhopper and MTSittingBear who journeyed so far from the frozen north to join us. We quite literally couldn't have done it without you!
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

AZbinary

A bone chilling 65 degree morning creaked into a 70 degree day as shooters and cadre shivered in the weak winter sun...

Enough of that, another great Arizona event attended by the best people!

Special guest stars, Clodhopper and MTSittingBear were a welcome addition to our small band of hearties

But wait!  What is that???

No. . . not that.....THAT

Oh......

That's just the Shoot Boss. . . after hearing the three strikes "Arizona Style" including ad libs featuring the "Dread Pirate Roberts"  :D (just kidding) :D

Your humble instructor Cadre

And our newest IIT, Slinged_in

The rest of the pictures, and a short movie or two are here

http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/mnseitz/Appleseed%2018%20DEC%2010/

It was a great way to spend a weekend, among the best people, sharing our heritage and history, and learning to shoot to the rifleman's standard!

I hope to see all of you on the trail in the future, and until I do...PERSIST

"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

AZOpie

Woo Hoo!   ..:..

Congrats AZBinary on the well deserved Red Hat! And Colton on stepping up to now start the next step - teaching others.

Looks like ya'll had a great event down south! Sounds like everyone had a great time and learned a lot.

AZO

AmericanJoe

Excellent weekend! Orange, Red and Green hats did an outstanding job as usual.  Overall my son and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.  I didn't receive my patch but hit a 201, 207 and 208 on the AQT.  This was
my third Appleseed and I can't wait until the next.

Congratulations to AZBinary on the new red hat!

HAZAAAAAHHH!!!!

Mark Davis

Had a great weekend. Six days off work to see the scenery, meet good people, smell some burned powder, and tell the story. That pic of me listening to the history was just a little sleeplearning going on there.
At other shoots there have been accusations of snoring noises coming from somewhere.
I dunno, never head any!
Binary, keep on delivering that info, it was nice, smooth, and lacking holes.
Mule, good job,
Programmer, it's all a juggling act, you had plenty of balls in the air.
Colton thanks for coming along for the ride.
All the shooters who went home sore, minds swimming with too much info.
Keep shooting, more and more of it will make sense!
My round trip was just a bit over 2600 miles, Sitting bear has another 400 miles getting here from Missoula and back home. Thanks for riding along.
Sure would like to come back.

azmule

Joe - so close, we have to fix this!  I don't know if you follow the Arizona sub-forum but either myself, Colton, or Dan (or any combination) are at the 29th st. Marksman every Wednesday night from 6-6:15 (depending on when we can slip the bonds of servitude) 'till close ~8pm.  AZBinary is at the county (SERP) range near the fairgrounds every other Saturday morning,  You know you need to own that patch!  A rifleman persists!

Clodhopper & MTsittingbear - an honor to meet and work with you sirs.  The wife-n-I have been looking to retire to the Montana/Wyoming stateline area in a bit, so we may be working together again some day.

AZBinary - congrats on the red hat - I'm looking forward to working with you on the upcoming Tucson Appleseeds.

Slinged_in (Colton) - good work buddy!  You, me, Dan, and AZBinary are the Tucson crew!  Lets crank out those riflemen!
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Mark Davis

Quote from: clodhopper on December 21, 2010, 10:17:23 PM
Had a great weekend. Six days off work to see the scenery, meet good people, smell some burned powder, and tell the story. That pic of me listening to the history was just a little sleeplearning going on there.
At other shoots there have been accusations of snoring noises coming from somewhere.
I dunno, never head any!
Binary, keep on delivering that info, it was nice, smooth, and lacking holes.
Mule, good job,
Programmer, it's all a juggling act, you had plenty of balls in the air.
Colton thanks for coming along for the ride.
All the shooters who went home sore, minds swimming with too much info.
Keep shooting, more and more of it will make sense!
My round trip was just a bit over 2600 miles, Sitting bear has another 400 miles getting here from Missoula and back home. Thanks for riding along.
Sure would like to come back.
More buttons I push here worse it gets, excuse the double post

slinged_in

I'm excited about my change in hat color, and am looking forward to continue my learning and getting to help out the Appleseed Program.  Time is going to be tight this semester, since I'm wrapping up my school, but I hope to help out at the next Sierra Vista shoot.

Thanks to everyone's help for teaching me how to be a Rifleman!

slinged_in