News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lewiston, Idaho December 11-12,2010

Started by Reformed Redneck, December 11, 2010, 11:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

To all,

This is a brief report on Saturday evening.

Winterseed. Low to mid 30's. Misty part of the day with hard(!) rain by the end of the day.

Four shooters. All guys. All are new Riflemen (220's - 230's) by dusk. Great job guys!

First all Appleseed Family run event that I know of.

Blizzard conditions on the drive back to the Manor.

Headed back in the morning. Looking forward to honing the shooters' skills and doing KD. I hope the driveway doesn't drift shut.

Enjoyed watching the M1A firing at the last redcoat at dusk. The GI flash hider works quite well.

More commentary and photos tomorrow and/or Monday.

G'night now,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

SavageShootr

Thanks for the quick report.

Congratulations to all of the new ID Riflemen!!

Good job RR and crew.  O0
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Western Rose

A HUGE congratulations to the four of you!!! ^:)^ O0
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TruTenacity

100% Rifleman equals one fun day at the range!  I'm looking forward to watching these very skilled students shoot KD tomorrow out to 300 yards.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Reformed Redneck

Well, we didn't have any trouble getting out of the driveway after all. Truly a Godsend.

All of the new Riflemen came back today. We warmed them up on some redcoats and squares, and turned them loose on the AQT. Repeat Rifleman scores for all of them. We started in on the KD lecture and info before lunch, and set up the backers before we sat down for burgers. Everyone shot 100 yds. first as a way to confirm what we taught them (even with .22's). We went fairly systematically out to 300 yards with some rifle swaps for some, and let Laren loose on the steel gong at 500 meters. This was a lot of fun, and only the limits of ammo, time, and the necessity of coordinating cease fire time with the other half of the range kept us from shooting more at distance.

This is the only shoot I've been to that produced 100% Riflemen. These guys were great to instruct, and assimilated all we had to tell them quite well. Even with a few equipment hassles on Saturday considered, they all did very, very well. Congratulations to Laren, Wes, Levi, and Jesse for their accomplishment and energetic efforts. We want you back...with friends and family.

Weather today (Sunday) was milder. Mid 30's to maybe low 40's. Overcast, but dry until the very last. Maybe we could call today a 'Drearyseed'.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

TruTenacity

Our resident photographer had to sit this one so the fill-ins did their best to provide proof that this event was a great one.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Western Rose

Congratulations once again to the four rifleman.
Laren, Wes... I wish I could have been there for your first one. I was delighted to hear the news when Dad (Reformed Redneck), Mom (TruTenacity) and Patrick (Still Learnin) got home on Saturday.
Laren, it was fun to hear the "ding" of the 500 yd gong.  :---
Wes, can't wait to meet your daughter. ;)
Jesse, you did REALLY good. Keep up the good work.  O0
Levi, you are the second person I have ever seen ace the fourth stage. Well done. ..:..
All, it was great to work with you!
Bob, Thanks for the WONDERFUL hamburgers... O0 and letting me shoot that awesome rifle. :D

I'll try to get some pictures up sometime soon...

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Evenstar

Congratulations Laren and Wes! ^:)^ And great job to the other two Riflemen as well. I was thrilled to hear the news of 100% Riflemen when everyone got home last night. Sorry I couldn't make it, though I know my family had everything WELL under control. ;) Thanks for the pictures, Mom. :)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Earl

Great Appleseed, you have no idea how sad I was looking for pictures from Lewiston, last night before I went to sleep, and this morning when I woke to check my facebook account (not really facebook), but great that those four young men are solid shooters, and Idaho's finest family crew did RWVA proud. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

GoldFish

Quote from: Reformed Redneck on December 11, 2010, 11:25:27 PM

First all Appleseed Family run event that I know of.

That is quite an accomplishment, whatever the size shoot.  Truly a credit to your leadership, example, and passing on your passions and beliefs to your family, Mr. C. 

Quote from: TruTenacity on December 11, 2010, 11:42:53 PM
100% Rifleman equals one fun day at the range!

That sets a pretty darn high standard for being the first family run shoot, and it was a Winterseed, at that, adding the whole weather factor. :D O0

Great job, ya'll! ..:.. :bow:
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Western Rose

Pictures!

And a video (the targets cannot be seen in the video and no, he's not shooting at the post): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBx6LlW0QV8

50th Appleseed