News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minnesota Bailing Coalition

Started by AFTERMATH, December 01, 2010, 10:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

There are many organizations within the great state of Minnesota that, while not part of Appleseed have similar objectives or other commonalities that dictate that we should work with them to promote our own phenomenal program.  While they may not know it yet; they are/will be part of the Minnesota Bailing Coalition(MNBC).  We will work together in an effort to; promote Appleseed, improve Minnesota and save America.
Folks the ship is sinking, and the bailing starts here.

Here we will identify groups and organizations which we feel either share our mission or can assist us along the way.  We will then reach out to them and build a healthy relationship between our two programs.

This MNBC thread will work in a similar manner as the MNCEAS.

Groups will be identified and volunteers will contact them in an effort to increase awareness of the Appleseed Project and the importance of our Mission.

If you are already involved with any other organizations(etc.), and actively, or will be, working to promote Appleseed within them please respond here, and/or send a PM to vmt193 or AFTERMATH. 

>We could also use an ambassador, who can make new contacts with groups that have yet to be represented.

Personnel Roster:
Appleseed Ambassador - [Position Open]
Javaguy - Home School Liason

MN Army Nat'l Guard:
-Russellmn
-TheDud

Note:  This is designed to establish ongoing relationships with these groups/organizaions.  Temporary associations, while good and part of this effort, will not be listed in the above roster. i.e. I've spoken with members of SAR on several occaisons; that doesn't mean I'm the go to SAR guy.

When contacting organizations and the like; keep in mind that, as you represent Appleseed, so do they represent thier group.  Therefor, should they become involved in Appleseed, thier involvement reflects upon Appleseed.  To put it simply; we will have no associations with any groups or organizations that may damage the image of Appleseed.  If you have any questions reguarding this please send a PM to vmt193 and/or AFTERMATH.

Thanks!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

So, uh, now that I got that outta the way; has anyone heard of Ten Ring?
Puma Mami informed me of them.  They would appear to be on a similiar plane.  Looks as though they're out of the N. Metro area.

Who wants to take this one?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Puma Mami

Quote from: AFTERMATH on December 01, 2010, 11:09:31 PM
So, uh, now that I got that outta the way; has anyone heard of Ten Ring?
Puma Mami informed me of them.  They would appear to be on a similiar plane.  Looks as though they're out of the N. Metro area.

Who wants to take this one?

For whoever ends up taking this one, you can PM Aftermath to get the contact info for a key contact from Tenring. [I took the info off here, since it probably shouldn't just be out on a public forum, and sent it to Aftermath].

I got this guy's card a couple of years ago at a Boy Scout troop committee meeting. Tenring does rifle merit badge classes for Boy Scouts, among other things. I would guess Linn is retired. He is concerned about how shooting sports are dying out, and how the Boy Scouts are not promoting shooting as much as they used to. Without Tenring it would be difficult (impossible?) for the boys in our area to get that rifle merit badge outside of the large Boy Scout summer camps.

They have a good group of people at Tenring, with probably a very similar philosophy to Appleseed. He may be concerned Appleseed is a "militia" so address that early on  ;)  [on the surface -- Appleseed teaches crack marksmanship, and talks about the American Revolution -- so in many people's minds that equals "militia" unless they look into it further.]

Good luck!
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus