News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Yakima, WA Nov20-21

Started by 06en, November 20, 2010, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

What a wonderful day for an Appleseed. 40- degrees, windy, Partly cloudy skies with the occational light snow flurry. It is always nice to see such great attitudes from shooters when weather is a bit rough.

19 Shooters on the line and lots of great progress throughout the day. 1 AQT was fired, and several shooters knocking on the door already. Tomorrow looks to be very promising.

No pictures from me (sorry) I was just a little busy calling the line for the most part to remember that I had a camera in my rig. Looking forward to pics when other have the time. I will see those who come again in the morning.

Wheeler44

I wish I coulda been there......Sounds fantastic...
W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Wade

Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Earl

You know I have a famous blue shooting jacket from Tim's wife, who was looking for a tallish fellow to return it to, I accepted on as proxy for tallish fellows everywhere. I didn't take many pictures, too busy having too much good shooting fun. Find I was not quick enough with my single shot Stevens target rifle, but the just scraped by final (Aced?) Redcoat of the day made me happy, such a simple man am I.

Then they dragged me kicking and screaming to a fun filled place with music parties and song (another party's birthday) where I listened to long discussion of the finer points of Appleseeds, what worked and what needs worked. For my efforts not to talk too much, I got some of the very best pizza I have every had after a bone warming mug of black coffee (we were still shaking off the shivers). Yes, come to Big Red's Diner, and big Red was there, how cool is that? And he got the warm Appleseed message and will be looking us up. Really great pizza in Moxee, Washington could have fed Wheeler44 and Wade and RL and tdow and all our other RWVA friends from the Great Northwest.

I didn't get enough pictures but there were so many cameras... and I was shooting that fine Target ammunition from CMP.

thought on the road before day two.... http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2010/11/good-sunday-morning-folks-everywhere.html
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Okay, my pictures is like my silence, so welcome and never enough, enjoy for it was a very good day - cold but really a very good day. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Joni

Here are a few pictures I took. When I get home I will attempt to work with my Picasa program so you can see all that I took. It was a cold and awesome day! Thanks everyone!

06en

Great photos Joni and Earl. Really help bringing an event alive. Oh wait, this events not over. We have another full day coiming to us.  ^:)^

actineon

Thanks for the pics. Looks windy. Also looks like fun.

SavageShootr

Nice to see Appleseed back in Yakima/Moxee! I remember it warmer up there. Oh yeah, that was a June event.

Great job All.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

splaticus

Just got back from Sunday's shoot with my daughter Rachelle.  We both had an amazing time.  Rachelle wanted me to say she really liked Lesile who gave her some really top notch instruction and attention!  Here are a couple of pictures from the day!  See you in December!
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

06en

Just wanted to get some pics up for the folks who were shooting on the upper line. I didn't get the privilege of working the lower line much, so hopfully pictures will be coming from some one who did.

What a great group we had this weekend. Hope to see you all next month. We might get lucky and have more snow for you all to shoot in.

type3malfunction

Great photos.
Looks like you had a great AS!

Winkin not Blinkin

Cold, tired, sore and had an awesome time!  THANK YOU for your encouragement and instruction! My patch at the end of the day was a great surprise and very special since my husband was able to present it to me.  Now I understand all of the fun comments..very sneaky (LOL)

Wheeler44

Quote from: winkin not blinkin on November 22, 2010, 12:14:49 AM
Cold, tired, sore and had an awesome time!  THANK YOU for your encouragement and instruction! My patch at the end of the day was a great surprise and very special since my husband was able to present it to me.  Now I understand all of the fun comments..very sneaky (LOL)
Now I'm really upset that I missed it......Dan nabbit woman....You was supposed to do that in Castle Rock.Good job ( maybe you just needed to be away from my yammerin'

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Wade

Quote from: Wheeler44 on November 22, 2010, 12:33:48 AM
Now I'm really upset that I missed it......Dan nabbit woman....You was supposed to do that in Castle Rock.Good job ( maybe you just needed to be away from my yammerin'

W44
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ and did I say ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

splaticus

W44

Missed ya out there too Wheeler44!  Maybe next time.  I gave Earl your shooting jacket.  I'll get that mag and mat from you next time I see ya!
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Wheeler44

You shoulda hung onto the jacket....PM me your address and I'll send ya the mag and mat.

W44

06en

Congratulations! Jr Birdman is right. That AQT is quite the anvil. I am a very proud man. ;)

Earl

Nice  pictures, folks, just checking in to let everyone know that I did make it over Snoqualmie Pass, without incident, there were some that didn't. These first days of snow and ice are just great days to wait for everyone to learn how all over again. Since they slowed everyone down to forty-five (good choice for the weather) it took a little longer than I expected, but one large cup of black coffee and singing the Blues got me all the way home, which has a nice snow cover on the grass, so no one noticed that I have mowed the lawn and mulched the leaves, but I did get a great home cooked meal from Mrs. Earl - she doesn't sleep well when I am away. She says hello and sends her regards to all that remembered her and sent some her way. Y'all take care out there and thanks for a great shooting weekend, although 06en is sure my M1 isn't all it could be, I am going to blame the operator, more study, more dry practice and more live long ranges and twenty-five meter - okay, I will get ready to reload ammunition, too. ^-^

Pictures tomorrow, I am tired of fighting the weather and the dark road. I did notice the ski areas looked snowed and lighted, but I didn't see skiers, cause I was watching the red tail lights ahead of me. :o

Wheeler44

Quotefolks, just checking in to let everyone know that I did make it over Snoqualmie Pass, without incident,
Glad to hear it old friend......(did I just call you old?)

W44

Earl

Heard some great young patriot stories today, but I am only older than two of the DOM, Samuel and Mother B. are still out there to catch up to... You know I would have felt younger and limped around less if I had been trying to show up Wheeler44, I wasn't about to try and be about better than the Shoot Boss (who isn't that much younger than I) - just more talented and good lookin'. He'll likely get that big buck before too long, too. ::)

Theophilus

Congrats to all the new rifleman.
We sure enjoyed the time we spent with all of you.

We made it home safe and sound, complete with Tiffy from the dog-sitter, after a wonderful snowy drive across White Pass.

Joni finally got warm about the time we pulled into the driveway.

Theophilus and Joni

PS.  More pictures to follow.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Reformed Redneck

To all,

Thanks to all who put in the efforts required to make this a successful Appleseed shoot. Thanks to the Instructor staff for their willingness and competence on the line. Thanks go also to the shooters who, as a group, had some of the most cooperative and teachable attitudes I have seen.

We were pleased to have some repeat Riflemen, but especially pleased to have some new Riflemen. One has to appreciate the fact that these folks came out in far less than 'comfortable' conditions, endured the colder temperatures and wind, and who were still able to overcome those obstacles and achieve the Rifleman patch. You folks have surmounted the first obstacle(s) of becoming comprehensive Riflemen (and Riflewomen). Remember, a Rifleman persists. You've only just begun. Run the race with confidence. Stay with us.

I would anticipate pictures of our new and repeat Riflemen to show up here before long.

We, like others, hit the snow and ice on the way home. Slowed us down considerably. By the time we got here and got the truck unloaded, the bed was particularly inviting. I'm glad we are not traveling today. Conditions in the area have deteriorated considerably.

You all have a great Thanksgiving. Indeed, we have much to be thankful for.

With warmer, best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Wheeler44

Once again, I'm sorry to have had to miss this opportunity to meet you and yours.....I would have loved to have seen winkin' not blinkin' get her patch....I've seen her oh so close before and always cheerful. 

One consequence of not being able to attend; I was able to attend the JORC (Junior Olympic Regional Championship) for small bore shooters....Happily the young shooter that I support shot a 552/600...He stands as 2nd in state overall (the East side shoot in Spokane in two weeks) for the time being..We hope that brings him an invite to the Junior Olympic match in Colorado next Spring...

W44

Earl

;) Just a training note to future Red Hats and Shoot Bosses everywhere, drop the glove and clipboard for the Rifleman Patch presentation - the shooter's smile will warm everyone's heart as they view the picture. Got to love Appleseeds to understand the reward of a little biting cold wind and a wood fired iron stove in a trailer. Yes you do.

And with that cold biting wind I caught a bit of beauty, Appleseeds, made of family and friends equals Shooting happiness. More math in public and not one number...

TruTenacity

W44

I had the privilege of having winkin not blinkin on my line.  There was VERY little we needed to help her with due to the first rate instruction she has had up to this weekend.  Her amazing concentration, her application of all that is taught, her 2 - 3 moa groups on squares, her ability to do jumping jax, and then pull it all together to shoot a Rifleman score not once, but twice to confirm her abilities was a pleasure to watch.  It was icing on the cake for us to witness .06en award her the Rifleman patch.

TruT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Earl

Looks too icy outside for the Trusty Triumph >:(

So, I finished my second day pictures and I liked looking at them so much, I will share. I do admit to not posting my M1 AQT target, nor any of the other just too happy for words times I had that no one got a better picture of than I in the camera of my mind - follow through and get a mental snapshot works away from the rifle, too. :cool2:

Earl

:) You didn't think I was finished, even shooting my rifles doesn't get in the way of taking lots of shots, digitally. ???

Outside my home as the last photos loaded, I saw that white blanket of snow on everything, and I haven't gotten the gear out of the Caravan yet, sigh.

Earl

>:( What do you mean I talk too much? And not all those pictures loaded last time :'( one would think they are trying to limit my thousand words a thousand times. ???
Well, I think I have some final shots to share before I prepare to take my wife to work, it looks bad out there, but I'm driving so she is happy. @)

Western Rose

What a weekend!

I've got tons of pictures to go through and eventually some of them may show up here. ;)

Splaticus, watching you shoot with Rachelle and continually giving her encouragement was great and brought back many good memories from my first Appleseed. Thanks so much for bringing her. It was wonderful to work with her. Tell her I really like her too. Congratulations on shooting your rifleman score.
Troy, thanks so much for bringing the trailer and wood stove. Good job on shooting rifleman scores again. Thanks for taking on the orange hat and welcome to the crew.
winkin not blinkin, it was so much fun coming up with your forum name. It was great to see you shoot rifleman, and so much fun to decide that you should get your "non-rifleman-score" targets back. ;)
Doug, well done. It was great to work with you.
Cody, I think you were the "most improved" shooter on my line. You did well. Congrats on the patch.
Helen, you really did persist. It was great to be able to watch you break through that wall and shoot your score.

To all of the shooters, thanks so much for coming out. It was great to have you. Some of you were sooooo close. Persist and come back.

Earl............ There's nothing like a "hi Earl" picture with Earl in it. :cool2:

06en, this was the first time I was able to set foot on this range since 2008 when I was a shooter on the line that this past weekend I was able to walk as an instructor. I wouldn't have been able to do that without you setting up the shoot. Thanks so much. It was great to be back. Thank you also for all your hard work getting the shoot set up, making the target backers and stand, seventh stepping, making the flag stand and all of the other things you worked on that I will forever be ignorant of. You did great as an instructor and I look forward to working with you again. Oh, and the hot chocolate was really good. :D
Joni, it was great to be able to work with you at this shoot. First time since I handed you (Patrick's) orange hat. ;D You did well.
Troy, thanks for the help on Sunday.
Theophilus and Joni, thanks for making the last minute drive. We couldn't have done it without you.
Dad, Mom, Evenstar, Still Learnin, thanks for being there.

To everyone with cameras, I expect to see the evidence that you had a camera on here soon. ;)

Wheeler, you were missed...
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast