News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Evansville Nov. 13-14, 2010

Started by sur+rifle, November 16, 2010, 01:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sur+rifle

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

We may have to borrow this creed from the postal workers to represent the shooters of the Evansville Appleseed this weekend!  Despite constantly changing weather this weekend, eight hardy shooters met at Red Brush Rifle Range to share in our marksmanship heritage.  And the improvement seen in their targets showed "swift completion" of their "appointed rounds" down range!  I know that Jimbo, SPQR, and I were proud to have these shooters on the line.

Congratulations go out to our newest rifleman and riflewoman.

Neil fought through the cold and rain to put up a 213 on his first day. The targets were so wet that they were disintegrating off the backers.  So we snapped an image of it still hanging.

Malea showed how persistence pays off.  A previous appleseeder, she put up a stream of AQTs in the 200s each with several shots lost due to rifle mechanical issues.  A little gun scrubber cleared up the issues and she immediately shattered the 210 barrier with a 229!  Here is a pic of her shooting and one with IIT SPQR:

Hopefully we'll get some additional (and better) pics showing all the shooters.

SPQR

HERE WE ARE AT RED BRUSH!  What a nice range!  Everybody ought to have one of those.  Red Brush is fancier than my house AND it has electricity!

Great shoot and thanks to all the shooters that came out, that goes double for the young shooters.  I think we can get this marksmanship heritage thing turned around.  If I had the kind of discipline and ability these young men do twenty years ago imagine what kind of person I would be now!  A far sight better off I tell you that!

Congrats to Neil on a great AQT in a miserable situation!

For the rest of you, keep working! :wb:

It was great to see Andrew discover his NPOA at the very END of all times and then get some AR time in!  O0

I think Woman will have some pics pretty soon.  She is going to drop down the file size for more appropriate posting but work cried loudest today.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Chilidog

No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

yellowhousejake

Well done miss Malea, well done.  I seem to be missing a lot of folks I wanted to see shoot a 210. This taking time off to get things done around the house is cramping my style  :-\

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Niecie

Awesome!
Congratulations to all the new Riflemen!! Way to go Malea!! ..:..  I am so sorry we were not there to see it! (I guess I better get busy shooting :)

Niecie

SPQR

Yes, Yes.  I think we have all had plenty of time to congratulate Malea.  Move along folks, move along.  Nothing to see here.

Actually she is working on the pictures as I type this and since I took them they are all wonderful. 

Neil I think I have a picture of you closing your bolt on your chamber flag.  That can really ruin an AQT.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

HQ

Mainly because I'm not keen on being referred to as Woman, I've registered as HQ.  Here are some more pics from Sunday.  [I was visiting family on Saturday so unfortunately missed out on all the VERY fun rain!]

Thank you all for the congrats!  I was excited! [As was SPQR, he just gets embarrassed. . .]  And don't worry Yellowhouse, I'll be at Riley at the end of the month and the new goal is Rifleman with iron sights!

Courtesy of SPQR:

[Hopefully there will be photos here, I'm having trouble at the moment.  But I will get it figured out! Don't worry]

Malea

hawkhavn

HQ,

Great to see you back on the line (and on the forum) and looking forward to Riley.
Congrats to all of the new Riflemen!
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

HQ

One more picture and a test to see if I've got this.

Here is sur+ explaining known distance at the very end of the day.  It being hunting season we didn't get to shoot past 50 yards but between the five of us we placed quite a few holes in the full-size target.

And it works!