News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Eureka KS Nov 13-14

Started by The ][rishman, November 15, 2010, 02:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

Great AS weekend.

The weather was great.  It was in the mid to low 50's up from 36 in the morning.  Breezy but not windy.  Very nice.

The IIT's did well on their performance and passed the PCs.

Congratulations to Jollybfd and Capn Cook on promotions for IIT3 and IIT2 respectively.

We had 9 shooters on Saturday and 9 shooters on Sunday.  Everyone showed improvement.

Two Riflemen emerged on Sunday.

Gary,  congratulations you worked hard and struggled through each aspect of firing the shot.  Thank you for taking the Orange hat as well.  (as soon as you get signed up on the board we will make it official)

Congratulations to Bob as well.  Bob in a Marine who served many years ago.  I suspected he was a rifleman from the start.  It did take a couple of weekends to knock the rust off but he did it.  Shot a perfect score of 210!  I hope to have pics of us cleansing him with the water from the Ol' North Bridge.

To 4bfox and gpbbiker thank you for all your hard work.  I got great feedback from several students.

Biker thanks for cooking breakfast.

Once again feel free to post your stories here.  And post you pics if you have them.

][
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

gpbbiker

I used to think these things might be coincidence, but not any longer! :o
For the shooters this weekend who were fighting old eyes and astigmatism; GO HERE:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18329.msg148694;topicseen#msg148694

Ask, and ye shall receive!! Thanks Scarecrow!! :)
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

ksuguy

Wish I could have been there.  Unfortunately I had to spend the weekend sick in bed.   On the positive side, I did get to finish reading that book gpbbiker recommended at the last study night.

Congratulations to Bob and Gary.   They were both pretty close the last time I saw them, and it is good to see them finally get those last few points.   

4bfox

We got pics:

CONGRATS to Bob and Gary!! Way to stick with it.....I KNEW you would be Riflemen, BECAUSE you PERSEVERED! Glad the crick was dry, Bob..it would have been a chilly swim....

Good job Lucas...the young man getting the Youth patch...his FIRST shoot, he's on his way! All the other shooters made great improvement, PLEASE COME BACK and build on what you learned here.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

drip drop

Hello all, Ray here.

It was good to get back to an Appleseed shoot.  My first one was over two years ago, and that is too much time between.  I'm hoping to make it to a winterseed if one is scheduled early in 2011.

I enjoyed the time with all the friendly people, and learned enough to keep me busy for a while.

I had some problems with my vision, and am interested in the information in the link above, but it appears to be locked away from me.  gpbbiker, thanks for looking for solutions!

Scarecrow

For those who cannot access the information elsewhere.
Merit sight-site is here - http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html
MidwayUSA and other sites on-line carry them.
I like the Williams Firesight for Ruger 10/22 and the Merit variable aperture.
The front blade makes a way cool front post aperture that circles the 4th stage AQT silhouettes nicely if you remove the colored optic fiber.
The colored fiber covers more than 4 M.O.A. @ 25 meters.
A bit pricey for the Merit but it works for me.
No click adjustments for windage/elevation.
Your mileage may vary.

gpbbiker

Ask, and ye shall receive!
Thanks Again! Scarecrow! :)
Hey!!! It's snowing like Blue Blazes here! Quick!! Lets do a "winterseed" ! :D

Tech Site also makes an aperture kit!

http://www.tech-sights.com/
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

franklinfarmer

Hey Ray (drip drop).  Just posting to let you know I was looking over your shoulder.  Glad to see you could make a shoot.

FF
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce