News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID Nov 13-14 AAR

Started by actineon, November 14, 2010, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

actineon

A little rain, but great shooters. Congratulations on taking on the orange hat, Carlene. Jane, I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you're better tomorrow. Good job, Becky, on repeating a couple of rifleman scores.

actineon

More pictures.

hawkhavn

That range is hands down one of the prettiest I have ever set foot on. (Even in the rain).
Carlene welcome to the Instructor Corps!
A lot of familar faces in those shots.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Western Rose

Thanks so much for taking pictures!!!! ^:)^ ..:.. We were talking ALL day yesterday about "the guys up in CdA are now doing _______". ::) @)

Carlene, thanks for taking on the orange hat. I wish I were there for your first instructing experience.

Becky, glad to hear you are still shooting rifleman scores!!! O0

Wish I were there...

Can't wait to hear how today goes (and see more pictures). ;)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

Rich, thank you SO much for providing pictures! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Congrats, Carlene! Thanks for stepping up and taking the orange hat. O0

Way to go, BECKY!!!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ :cool2: :--- You're a solid Rifleman now. (Still, I'm glad I was able to give you your FIRST patch a few months ago.) ;)

Looks like another GREAT CdA shoot, guys! Wish I coulda been there to help out, but looks like you all have everything well under control. :)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

TruTenacity

Looks like a great event!
I can't believe I not only missed Carlene getting her Rifleman's patch, but I missed seeing her take on the Orange Hat!  Congratulations Carlene!

The instructor cadre looks solid, the attendees look like they're taking it all in.

Have a safe and productive day today!

Keep the pictures coming.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

NorthIdahoGal

My brother was able to take a few pictures yesterday before the camera died.
Frank, congratulations on scoring rifleman today! O0  Wish I could have been there to see it.
Instructors, thank you for putting together another great shoot. :)
NIG
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.  Luke 22:36

Betsy

Congratulations Becky, Dirk, and Frank, on getting your Rifleman patches.

actineon

The instructors all agreed this was a good shoot. The shooters got lots of personal instructor attention since it wasn't as crowded as the summer shoots. The rain was intermittent but never got worse than a light drizzle. As long as we had decent cold wet weather clothing, and people from this area tend to have that kind of clothing, the weather wasn't bad at all.

Good job Frank. This was his first appleseed. On his first squares he didn't even get on paper. We had to use a laser sight to get on paper. His scores steadily improved and he shot a 211 on the last AQT on Sunday.

Justin, good job as well. That loose scope base hampered you for awhile, but you figured it out and kept improving as well.

Kelsey, congrats on going from 1 shot on paper Saturday morning to having an effective range of 200 yards. Your scores kept getting better and better.

I did miss Larry's Sunday morning field sermon. I think we're all backsliding without you Larry.

Cedarpole

Congratulations to all those shooting riflemen!  Frank, you did a fantastic job!  Remember where you started Saturday morning?  To shooting Rifleman Sunday afternoon!  Good job.  And Kelsey, you also did a great job.  I really laughed when you reminded Frank that even though you didn't shoot Rifleman this time, you could still shoot his head off at 250 yards.  Justin, now that you've got your rifle set up, you're almost to Rifleman as well.  You just ran out of time Sunday.  But you'll make it next time, I'm sure.  And Jaime, Emily, Alyssa, and David, you did a "super" job!  You're budding Riflemen if I ever saw any.  And shooting the tennis balls each time with your first shots really impressed us all.  There aren't many adults that could do that.  Keep up the good work.

The weather wasn't the best, and Frank brought a small portable propane heater Sunday that sure made it more tolerable for those on that end of the line.

Thanks to all the shooters for coming!  We really enjoyed having you attend.  Come back again!  

Reformed Redneck

It is really a pleasure to see the pictures and read the reports from this shoot. It's almost like being there. Well...not quite.

Sounds and looks like a great group of shooters. Congratulations to those who made Rifleman score this time. Remember, the score is really the first step to becoming a Rifleman.

One of the great things about this program is that I was confident in our Instructor corps to be more than adequate to handle the marksmanship instruction and telling the history. It looks to me that this was done with the excellence we expect. Thanks for the weekend off guys!

Sorry to miss seeing Mrs. Cedarpole receive her orange hat. I knew it would be irresistible. Welcome to the corps.

Actineon, nice job as SB. And I am really not concerned about the probability of backsliding, but I'll spice up the next field sermon just for you.

Best regards to all,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Cedarpole

Instead of having the younger shooters do AQTs Sunday afternoon, we set up some tennis balls as reactive targets.  They loved it!  I think the adults were jealous.  I know I wanted to join in.

TruTenacity

Betsy

Now that my toes have finally thawed out, I can say that the weekend was fun.  I was glad to be on the end of the line that had the portable heater.  In spite of the weather, everyone had a great attitude, and we all came away a little bit better from the experience.  The instructors worked well together and with the shooters, and we all learned a lot.  I'm proud to be part of the team. 

letmebefrank

It was really good to meet you all! Up until this last weekend I never had any formal marksmanship training, but thanks to your expert instruction both my girlfriend and I were able to pick up the basics very quickly. We had so much fun that we've already decided we will be attending these on a regular basis. And I can honestly say I learned more about the American Revolution in those 2 days than I ever have in any public school history class.

I was surprised to read on another post that there are only 72 riflemen in the State of Idaho. I am honored to be on that list with you all. Right now I'm planninga  way to set up a 25 m range with an awning so I we can practice before the next event in January, and so I can prove it wasn't a fluke!

Thank you all for volunteering your time to teach us marksmanship and to pass along this forgotten piece of our history. I will look forward to freezing with you all again in January!

Frank R

AmericaStandsStrong

I love checking out your guy's AAR's. Looks like you guys are all really into the Appleseeding!

How exactly do you pronounce Coeur d'Alene anyway?

-Blake

Western Rose

Quote from: letmebefrank on November 16, 2010, 05:41:47 AM
I will look forward to freezing with you all again in January!

Frank R

Sounds good! O0

Quote from: AmericaStandsStrong on November 17, 2010, 05:53:20 AM
How exactly do you pronounce Coeur d'Alene anyway?

Core-da-lane
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

eert

Greetings,

What a fun shoot we had!  Lots of firsts for me.  I gave my first history segment and scored my first Rifleman qual target-way to go Frank!!  Kelsey and Justin- you are both close, and I hope you return for the patch at the next opportunity.  The Munch squadron was a blast to work with, talk about improvement!  Dirk, it was a thrill to see you re-qualify.  Dirk's shooting is a testament to the quality of the program as he hadn't shot that rifle since he shot RM back in May.  Obviously, what is taught, WORKS!  Now maybe I'll get to shoot sometime this winter.

For the folks that I told I would email something to them-if you haven't received it by now, I'm sorry and forgot.  So, please PM me and I'll get whatever I was supposed to send to you. 

Stay safe and shoot straight!

EERT