News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana Mini-Mini, Nov 13th at the Bedford Contingent

Started by West, November 13, 2010, 05:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West

Wow, what a day for some rifle drills!

Today the local range owner here in Bedford, IN set up with me a Mini-mini: A four hour grind of AQTs!  And oh was it awesome!  :~ :~ :--- :---

This event was for prior Appleseeders, and it was a chance to pound out rifleman on the anvil of the AQT.  And we had great success, despite the weather, wind, and equipment issues.

Eleven Appleseeders showed up today, and ten of us shot.  (The Shoot Boss even managed to work in an AQT).  We had three prior rifleman come back and confirm their scores, and everyone re-qualified.  We shot 13 AQTs and more than 3,500 rounds total!

Of the six cooks, we turned out five Riflemen!

Congratulations to you all.  It took much dedication and hard work to get you to the point you are now, and I am glad to have met each and every one of you, and am proud to say once more that what we teach really does work.

Congratulations to the following:

Troy       ^:)^
Mark      ^:)^
Casey    ^:)^
Ed         ^:)^
Don       ^:)^

Casey roughed it out all afternoon with a lever-action tube fed rifle, and was shooting in the low 2's, and then he shot a 212 on the last AQT of the day with an LTR.  Way to hang in there!

Thank you all for coming out.  Special thanks to the Bedford Contingent for hosting this 'Seed!  Make sure you riflemen come back and sign the Bomb!

Pics to follow soon.

See you all on the Trail,

West :))

West

Pics

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Chilidog

Thank you west for working and shooting. I had a great time. congrats to all our new riflemen don't forget to sign the bomb when the rain stops! See you guys at the next shoot!
Chilidog
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

TBE

Thanks to my fellow shooters for their good company.  Thanks to Chilidog for having us.  Thanks to West for shepherding us. 

We had a really safe, fun shoot and saw many exceptional scores, including five new riflemen and several returning riflemen.

It was nice shooting with a bunch of people who know what they are about. 

TBE
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

yellowhousejake

..:.. ..:.. ..:.. O0 O0 O0 ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

YEA! ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally you're there. I so much wish we could have been there, we even tried to reschedule Denise's work today but we just couldn't swing it. (Yes, Niecie and I actually cheered out loud when we saw the picture)

Congradulations to everyone who made the grade.  Casey with a lever gun, warms my heart and makes me want to try it with my 375 WCF.

A good day I'd say.

YHJ and Niecie
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Wow!  Sounds like a fantastic afternoon.  Congratulations to the new Riflemen!!!!!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Patriot Gal

That IS the Rifleman spirit!!! O0
Congrats to you all, especially the new Riflemen.
   ..:.. ..:.. ^:)^ ^:)^

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!!!
Patriot Gal  :---
(Good job West  ;))
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

West

It was a good event.  One of those things that we can do when we only have a few hours and can't commit to a full weekend.

Thanks to the BC and Chilidog for hosting us.  Also, thanks for Chilidog for keeping me on my toes, though I vehemently deny that I needed to be coddled, it was a funny situation.

Glad to see everyone, and meet new shooters.

Great job, and the persistence is the rifleman spirit.

Back to trailblazing!

West :))

Loctite

Patience pays off!! I don't mean my patience, I mean patient instructors and a gracious host. Thank you all for your kind words and encourgement. A special thanks to my pal Chilidog, I wouldn't have made it without him loaning me some bullets! Hope to see you all again very soon. Congradulations to all the new riflemen.

Loctite O0

SPQR

If Marty Robbins were alive he would write a song about a guy named LOCTITE!

Sorry to have missed it.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Chilidog

I have been unable to get on line for several days so I was unable to write a proper review. I want to mention just how fun it is to see other men succeed in making rifleman. This is the reason for this range is to see men and women have the opportunity to improve and learn just how to shoot and have a good time doing it. I think back to my own youth and how I was taught to shoot. It was real basic.... here is the gun, here is how it works now don't put your eye out kid! We were on our own for marksmanship and safety! Just like Casey and Mark they got to do this as a team! Families and friends able to shoot together and have a blast doing it safely. Thank you to all the Guys that come to the shoots and participate and help with the equipment and safety and the number cruncher Lewis. He can score a AQT in line 30 seconds! Now on to West.... he did a good job but I did have to coddle him a little and he did not bring me Niecie liberty bars but He can shoot like a million bucks and is a fine shoot boss. hahahaha!
Way to go ED, Casey, Mark, Troy, and Donny!
Chilidog 
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

sleepy Joe

good job everyone, what was the tempretaure there?
By the numbers

Jeremiah Johnson

Thanks for having Casey and I, we had an absolute blast.  I don't recall what the temps were, but it was too cold and wet for a tee shirt!  I can guarantee you that.  Wind, rain, the smell of gun powder and the sound of laughter - that's what it's all about.  Casey and I took time out of our deer season to come shoot and take another crack at Rifleman.  Casey was so close with the lever and no sling...I think he had a 205 and a 208 with the lever and no sling - outstanding son - so very proud of you!  He (begrudgingly) switched to my 10/22 - which he had never shot - and scored rifleman in his second try.  It's a very proud father that can hand his son his own rifle and be out shot by him post haste!  I have every confidence you'll shoot rifleman with a lever at the next shoot.  Folks with young people like were in attendance at this mini, the future is very bright.
"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools."  Thucydides

Chilidog

It stayed in the fifties but once we got a little damp the wind made you shiver! Nothing like the February winter seed will be though! Only the tough will come to those!
Chilidog

Niecie

Quote from: Jeremiah Johnson on November 16, 2010, 03:02:43 PM
It's a very proud father that can hand his son his own rifle and be out shot by him post haste!

Yellowhouse Jake had the same experience! I agree, the more Appleseeds I attend with younger shooters, the brighter the future looks! Congratulations to Casey!!

Niecie

SPQR

I don't know about the rest of y'all but it seems like these Bedford shoots are just a blast and not to be missed.  Can't wait for the next homecoming.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Chilidog

Not a Appleseed shoot, but we are throwing clays for the shotguns Friday November 26 from 1-5. y'all welcome to come.
chilidog

Jeremiah Johnson

Hey, anyone happen to get a picture of Casey receiving his rifleman patch?  I checked my camera and I don't have one...thought I did.
"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools."  Thucydides

West

I have it.

Here it is.

Sorry my eyes are closed.  But the rifleman is what is important!

Jeremiah Johnson