News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR November 13-14 AAR

Started by Earl, November 11, 2010, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Yes, time to pack out the vehicles, bring woolies, rain gear, lube your rifles, an open mind and a really wonderful attitude.  ^:)^
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Theophilus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Earl

Twenty-eight target stands, twenty-nine shooters, then another fine shooter shows up. Weather not TOO wet, not too hot not too cold - just about right. One Rifleman, 212 Bill, 2 AQTS today, four fine Young Patriots, enough center fires to liven the day, enough smiles from improved shooting to share.

Redcoats in the morning  400-0, 300-1, 200-3, 100-6, HS-1
 on the back to Boston  400-3, 300-2, 200-3, 100-8, HS-5   Aced the target = THREE!!  Huzzah! Huzzah!, HUZZAH!!!!

and they cleaned up after so well, fine bunch, really.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

:) Happy Shoot Boss, Happy shooters, smiling instructors... hmm, gets so good. O0

Now, for special attention - look at these fine folks ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Made My Day!

Earl

What a great Sunday at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, thanks! :) I did drive home in the dark after clean up and closing, traffic was fine until just outside of JBLM (Joint Base Lewis McChord) and an accident on I-5, but it only added thirty minutes to the three hour drive, and I am home safe, hope everyone else is also. But where are the wonderful comments from the shooters? Boy, they (almost) wore me out today - the range was full, six AQTS, Known Distance at 100 meters, a Safety Shooting Star competition, the Dangerous Old Men of that April 19, 1775. Brian made Rifleman with a 215, Brendan made it with 213, and again with a 220 before we could give him his patch. Then both of those fine Riflemen stepped up to accept the ILL hat, having seen what a fine time I have been having and wanting to get my lost Green RWVA Shoot Boss hat, must be in Stevenson somewhere.

Well, I am only there for the pictures so here they are, video, too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wykaLlkNVao We do like to see the future of shooting getting a good start. Thank you, young lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpwOByhAXzY :cool2: Well done young fellow... and he is safe to be around, knows all the rules of safety.

Evenstar

What was that about not wearing orange hats backwards, Earl? :o :o :o ^-^ ;D @)

Looks like a great shoot! Well done, instructors.

Congrats to the new riflemen and thanks to those who stepped up to take the orange hats. O0

That's an adorable picture of the challenge coin being presented to the little girl. :)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

type3malfunction

Earl, Wheeler44, Ducko, Joanie, LTR and the other instructors - thank you for volunteering your time and putting on such a great weekend.
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - thank you for providing such a nice range (covered!!!) - it's really nice to have a site like this so close to a big city.
Also, I propose Photoman patches for Earl and Joanie - I ALWAYS enjoy the pictures you post whether I was there or not.  You really make your AARs rock!

Earl

I think we need a handout about how to get to the forum, sign on with a handle, and leave kind comments and pictures for all to share. Nah, my Caravan is full already and I have only one more Appleseed to darken the Great Northwest with before Hibernation. You won't miss me. :cool2:

Scramblin

What a great range!  We came ready for really nasty weather and were very happy to see a covered line.

Well it took 3 seeds, but I vowed to make Rifleman with my Marlin 60 - iron sights before I tried a scope.  Now I think I might just leave that rifle set up just like that and use it as a loaner.

A special thanks to Earl, wheeler44, ducko, LTR and the rest of the crew.  It was a very well run shoot.  Definitely enjoyed getting a chance to shoot at 100M.  

I made Denali (7) a deal before we left home.  When she could shoot a 100, I would give her the Appleseed Challenge Coin I have been caring around.  Her first Redcoat was 5 hitting the paper, zero in the red.  By Sunday - 8 on paper, 5 in the red.  She did shoot a 137 and was SO happy when Earl made up an award ceremony.  She was SO proud.  The coin was her show and tell item this week.  The Maravista 2nd grade class just got Appleseeded - wee ha!

Now I have to come up with the next target.  Maybe a shooting shirt for a 150.  She'll need something to sew her Rifleman patch on soon.

Here are our pics for the weekend.
http://picasaweb.google.com/115354987441500158705/20101114EagleCreekORAPPLESEED#

I have set a goal of 2 new recruits for the December Eagle Creek shoot (now that I have a few loaner rifles).  1 spot is filled.  Now to find the next one...

Thanks again!  See you all in a few weeks back in Eagle Creek.
Killed my cable.  Found Appleseed.  Nuff said.