News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg, OH : Nov 6-7

Started by MeanStreaker, November 08, 2010, 10:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

What a great event made up by great people!

I can safely declare Ohio's first potential Winterseed a success.  And I'll tell you, if we had been shooting AQTs Saturday morning in the frigid air, a score might have been worthy of one of those cool new Winterseed patches.   :~

But alas, both days warmed into very pleasant afternoons in the 40's or so and we could only hand out the tried-and-true, much coveted OD green Rifleman badge.  Congratulations Eric!  And Sonny was so incredibly close with scores of 209, 204, etc.  I wish my .308 scoring round was maybe .309 so we could've found that extra point for you.  But a high score of 209 on your first Appleseed weekend is nothing to sneeze at.  I look forward to seeing you, Eric, and Chad, who also made great improvements, back with us soon.

Ria (Flint) made huge strides and I bet with a little dry-firing she'll have no problem getting a patch of her own.

Mike and Jen, it was great having you with us on Saturday and I wish you were able to plan for both days. Hopefully we'll see you again!

Woodstock (Jack), thank you for accepting the responsibility of the Orange Hat!  I can't wait to work with you.  Especially since you did such a great job calling the line Sun afternoon!  O0

To all of the Instructors, thanks for being there.  EZ3, you're welcome in Ohio anytime, brother.

Great shoot.
Great people.
See you at the next one.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Woodstock

Another great Appleseed experience! A second drink from the fire hose is no less filling than the first. Thanks so much to all the instructors for your time and dedication; and thanks to MeanStreaker for extending to me the honor of an invitation to wear the Orange Hat. I am looking forward to helping pass the torch of Liberty!
"...what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

-----Captain Levi Preston, on why he fought at Concord

Flint

This was my second Appleseed, and I had even more fun than I did in September. The weather was gorgeous (eventually), and I got to meet some really fantastic people. I managed to score a 201 with a brand-new Marlin, using iron sights for the first time EVER! Not too shabby for a chick who'd never even picked up a rifle before September 2010.

I want to earn that Rifleman patch so much it hurts...and that's why I'm already registered for December! I've never worked so hard to get something in my life, and in the past I would have given up if I didn't succeed on the first try. That's what's so amazing about Appleseed...you learn patience, perseverance, and self-confidence.

As much as we all wanted Sonny to get his patch on Sunday, especially on that second 209 AQT, I'm so glad that MeanStreaker didn't say 'close enough' and just give it to him. Knowing how seriously the instructors score those AQT's and that they don't break the rules makes earning Rifleman really *mean* something. So, when Sonny and I finally get our Rifleman patches, it's going to be that much more rewarding, because we really will have earned it.

Thanks to MeanStreaker for being such a trouper all weekend, battling through feeling so lousy to share his passion for heritage and marksmanship with us...you are awesome, dude. Big thanks to Lee, Ryan, Jeremy, and Fuzzy for sharing your experience with us...I learned so much from you guys. And finally, congratulations to Eric on getting your Rifleman patch at your first Appleseed, and on Saturday no less! Awesome!

See you in December!! MeanStreaker, you'd better get one of those special blue icicle patches ready for me!  :)
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? ~Thomas Jefferson

MeanStreaker

Quote from: Flint on November 08, 2010, 04:13:26 PM

I want to earn that Rifleman patch so much it hurts...and that's why I'm already registered for December! I've never worked so hard to get something in my life, and in the past I would have given up if I didn't succeed on the first try. That's what's so amazing about Appleseed...you learn patience, perseverance, and self-confidence.

O0

See you in December!! MeanStreaker, you'd better get one of those special blue icicle patches ready for me!  :)

O0  O0  O0  O0  O0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

EZ3

Here's what the well-dressed Appleseeder was wearing in Miamisburg, OH last weekend.
Congratulations Erik!  Hope to see you on the line again soon.
Also congratulations to Woodstock, and thanks for pitching in!

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

slidebite

It is a honor to have earned the rifleman patch.......thanks especially to Butstock for his instruction ....cant wait to attend another appleseed .....will be bringing my oldest son next time for sure!!.... God bless America ..........Eric