News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stevenson, WA Nov 6-7, 2010 After Action Report

Started by Earl, November 05, 2010, 11:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

:-\ Twenty slots, six promised on Saturday and four on Sunday, last Appleseed of Stevenson Washington for 2010. Wake up, sleeping Americans, grab your rifle, its sling, and about five hundred rounds of ammunition and come to improve yourself, learning more about our historic Heritage, your potential marksmanship and your ability to help build a fine country. 8)

Understand the Porta potty will be there at 8:00 AM, the Appleseed starts at 8:30, hope to see y'all there. :)

You can find out if you can shoot like Fred, or shoot like a girl - Emily is coming back.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Eleven unique shooters showed up in Stevenson for Appleseed. Five instructors. Covered all training and one AQT producing one Rifleman, Carl 211, and one new Junior Patriot - Daniel! No safety problems, everyone had a good time, learned how to shoot better and how the seventh step is the only one in the right direction. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

xenos

Thank you again Earl, and all of the other volunteers, for the great instruction, the time spent and the history lesson.

And yes I did have fun, even though I felt like I had brought a rocket launcher to a fist fight. I know .22 is recommended so I hope shooting .223 wasn't a nuisance, distraction or a big negative to anyone. :(

-Curtis

Joni

Here are all the pictures I took, just go to the link and take the pictures you want.
Congrats to Daniel on your youth patch for your participation.
Congrats to Carl for your Rifleman patch!! How sweet it is!

Joni and David

Joni

type3malfunction

I really appreciate how quickly you post these photos.
I had to miss this shoot, but it looks like my son and his friend were both working hard.
Doesn't look as wet as the first AS in Stevenson.

Joni

Here are the 7 Nov pictures, take the ones you want!!
Congrats to Tim, and Carl too for your 2nd/3rd, I musta lost count!!
Looking forward to next weekend at Douglas Rifle Range in Portland!

Joni and David

http://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/StevensonWAAppleseedShoot7Nov2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCMPjqpDT7-20cQ#5536995856487556290

Joni

Congrats Tim, only the first/second of many I am sure!!

AFTERMATH

QuoteAnd yes I did have fun, even though I felt like I had brought a rocket launcher to a fist fight. I know .22 is recommended so I hope shooting .223 wasn't a nuisance, distraction or a big negative to anyone.
By no means is it nuisance!  Someone has got to keep 'em awake whe prone gets to comfortable!

Congratulations Tim and Carl!  Now what was that Seventh Step?

Good work Earl and crew!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Wheeler44

Current weather conditions ;
46 °F
Overcast
Windchill:    44 °F
Humidity:    100%
Dew Point:    46 °F
Wind:    5 mph Variable
Pressure:    30.04 in (Rising)
Visibility:    10.0 miles
UV:    0 out of 16
.85 inches of rain @Troutdale today. For some reason Stevenson reported no rain..Could it be because it all landed on the range today.

Earl runs a great shoot..I am sure that all of the shooters appreciated the fine job by the instructor corp.
Thanks Theophilus, Joni, and tionico for your great work..Special thanks to IIT Jackattack and Rifleman Carl (Congratulations Carl) for setting these shoots up...The rest of the PNW can take notes on how to get it done.
And of course thanks again Earl...for all that you do..

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Earl

I will be brief.... who? :o Earl, yeah.   ;) sure he will....

$$-0 Actually, I am tired after fighting traffic on I-5 on a darkened Sunday afternoon, PST.  :wall: What is that definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

About this Appleseed, thank all of you - the crew and the shooters, the people that showed up to shoot on the range that we were using - that took our literature, apologies and went to where Jackattack directed them to shoot with some safety. Especially thanks to Carl for really pushing to get Stevenson on the Appleseed map as he struggled to overcome his fine shooting ability, in three Appleseed that I have been at - today he earned a second Rifleman score - this time with a different rifle and iron sights. Especial thanks to Tim for scoring Rifleman at least twice today, for checking about the program before he brought his family, for receiving my response (always too honest) and making several great decisions. I expect I will someday see more of Tim, and his family if I stay on the Appleseed trail. O0

Know that as I struggled with the instruction schedule and demands of the Shoot Boss to the expectations of the shooters, Emily (who will be a Riflewoman very soon) mentioned that if it wasn't friendly and fun (as I lose control -- with those results) it wouldn't be worth coming... there is wisdom everywhere. ::)

Time to reset the clocks in my home ~~:) and get to bed - I5SD is a terrible thing to waste. ^-^ Nite, all!  

PS tomorrow there will be video and more pictures. Joni is so much more organized than I (future Shoot Boss material, just ask Theophilus)

splaticus

This has got to be one of the most enjoyable weekend experiences I have had in a long time!  I got to meet some amazing individuals, learn to shoot, and learn about our American Heritage and history!  Thank you so much to all the instructors for coming out in the rain and teaching us.  I was so impressed that I am telling everyone I know to come up to the next one in Moxee in 2 weeks!  Special thanks to Wheeler44 for letting me shoot his "baby".  I don't know if I could have qualified as rifleman without it!  We'll have to find out in Moxee!
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

splaticus

Found this cool link to a rifleman training film from 1942.  Thought some of you might get a kick out of it! 

http://www.archive.org/details/Rifle_Marksmanship_with_M1_Rifle_Part_1

Earl

??? Morning already? Okay, I woke in the night and uploaded the video clips from the second day and the first one is:

Wheeler44 having all that fun after promising Earl he could try the rifle out, maybe next time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2m1m6C0O7A

Chris working on his second stage in the RAIN! got to love the Great Northwest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyZmEg8tWs

Chris getting coached through Stage three and the weather hasn't changed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mOUglpYGZw

Wheeler44 getting really into Jackattack's battle rifle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FcOdKO-Nc

Good times in great weather caught on video... a great way to look at our shooting when we are done.

Joni

Thank you so much Earl for taking those movies of Chris, that will make him feel so good! He is excited about next weekend in Portland. LOVED the ones of Wheeler44!!  lol.  We will see you then!

Joni

Earl

:) Okay, I am awake, shaven, dressed, my teeth in, on the second cup of strong black coffee - isn't life good in America ^:)^

Now to finish the IAAR, the paperwork for the shoot and unpack and clean the Caravan, repack and dry out the stuff for the next Appleseed - shamelessly advertised here - at Eagle Creek, Oregon     November 13 and 14.  :)

splaticus

Earl, I left my mat (blue z-rest) and one magazine yesterday.  If you happened to pick them up would you bring them to Moxee with you?  If not then not a big deal.

tim

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Wheeler44

Thanks for the vids Earl...Boy I need some work....

I really like the way Splaticus (new Rifleman Tim) rips off 6 or 7 well aimed shoots in 52 seconds with a single shot bolt action...This stuff really does work.....

Splaticus....I have your gear...I'll get it to ya....

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Theophilus

Congrats to the new Riflemen - Carl and Tim.
All shooters showed tenacity sticking through 2 days of wonderful NW weather.

I am also missing a 10/22 mag somewhere.  <- Update - the wayward magazine has been found!

If anyone finds it, let me know - we'll make arrangements to get it back home.

Theophilus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

splaticus

Quote from: Wheeler44 on November 09, 2010, 02:33:25 PM
Thanks for the vids Earl...Boy I need some work....

I really like the way Splaticus (new Rifleman Tim) rips off 6 or 7 well aimed shoots in 52 seconds with a single shot bolt action...This stuff really does work.....

Splaticus....I have your gear...I'll get it to ya....

W44

Haha, thanks Wheeler44!  Hopefully we'll see you up at Moxee.  I have been "training" my kids and am rethinking my decision about whether they will be ready or not for coming out to the class.  If the last 2 days are any indication you'll meet my wife and 2 kids up there on the 20th! 

Wheeler44

QuoteIf the last 2 days are any indication you'll meet my wife and 2 kids up there on the 20th! 
I certainly hope so Rifleman.....

W44