News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hinckley, MN - Oct. 30-31, 2010

Started by AFTERMATH, October 31, 2010, 11:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

I'll get this thing started.

-There, it's been started.  What?  Did you expect something spectacular?
Well, I don't mean to let you down, but.....
You'll have to stay tuned for the Shoot Boss' report.
In the meantime; please feel free to post your comments, reactions, etc...

#)

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Well, if 45^F constitutes a Winterseed; we've been doing that since September, here in Minnesota!
This weekend would prove no different!  Another beautiful 4-season Appleseed.
Just as the layers came off, they went back on.  Clear skys obscured a brisk Canadian wind.
As soon as the coffee was finnished, we began.
Twenty-four shooters graced the line at the Hinckley Conservation Club's rifle range; early in the morning of October 30th, 2010.  Record turn-out for this quaint venue!
As we engaged the Redcoats with the vigor of Liberty flowing in our veins, keeping us warm.
Matt came back, along with his troop of Boy Scouts!  And they gave 'em h-uh.... lead!
Joyce, determined to get in on the Rifleman action, made the drive over from Wisconsin to once again immerse herself in the Rifleman experience!
The shooters made steady progress through-out the morning, before hearing the story of what those Redcoats did at Lexington, durring lunch.
We then procede to hammer and chip away at their inner Rifleman.  Further and further, harder and harder, we chip, chisled and carved.  Whisker's guys from his ROI group were ready, if only they could have made it one more day! 
We instructors realize our time to make forge new Riflemen is short; this time proved a bit shorter for most.  Many were unable to make it back Sunday.  So, I hope that the story of April 19th, will inspire them to build upon what we've taught them and further thier journey to becoming a Rifleman.  Afterall, we have a nation to save!
As the frost lifted on Sunday morning(read noon); there were 3 men and one woman left epitamizing the term persistance!  George inspite of a recent injury, and a plague of rifle malfunctions continued to press forward.  Terry, pounded away with his lever-action.  Getting closer and closer.
Joyce, excelling in her determination got closer and closer to her goal, but alas a few rough spots remain.  Perhaps she'll have them all polished up by November!  Then there's Derek; on the end.  I knew about half-way through Saturday that he was gonna make it.  He didn't prove me wrong!
Breaking through with a 216!  Congratulations!  Now, don't let it go to waste!  Continue to practice and improve!  And don't forget to share your new-found skills!
Thank you to all who made it out this weekend!  It was my pleasure to work with you!
The rest of America doesn't know what they were missing!
Be sure to thank Whisker and Adamt; as they did all the hard stuff!

Keep dry-firing!

I'll see you on the Appleseed Trail!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

adamt

Yet another great shoot. Thanks to the Conservation club for hosting us and for all the fine Americans that felt the need to answer the call. It was a pleasure to meet all you fine folks.

I Will post up a group photo along with a couple of others I managed to grab. Believe it or not, my camera makes better phone calls. Every time I tried to take a picture I had to warm it up for like 5 minutes. Could have been the cold, or the operator  ++)

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

mnsti263

Derek here - I do have to say again that I had a great time at my first Appleseed...doesn't hurt making Rifleman as well.   :)  I know my dad really wants to make it to Rifleman as well, which it appeared he would've been able to do last weekend had his rifle not started acting funny on him.  Maybe he'll be good by spring and we'll be able to come again so we can both shoot Rifleman (and bring my wife with too; she loves to shoot)!

mnsti263

My dad took a few pics.  Thought I'd share them with everyone who'd like to see our shoot!

AFTERMATH

O'ha!  Derek!
Congratulations again!
I'm glad you made it to the board!  It takes a little getting used-to at first, but soon you'll be flyin' thru it.
Here's a link to the MN board:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=198.0
Be sure to check in there, as well!
Why wait 'till spring?  We've got another at Hinckley the end of this month! O0

Thank you for coming!

I hope to see you on the line again, soon!

Alex