News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Castle Rock, WA October 23-24, 2010

Started by Earl, October 23, 2010, 08:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

:) Not too early to start this. We open at 8:30 AM, hope to see you there. :cool2:

Thirty-four potential Riflemen showed up to learn, so cool 8)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Joni

Lots of pictures Earl, was a great day!!

Joni

I will get more out tomorrow!

Evenstar

The youth patch presentation..... Absolutely ADORABLE!!!! :-[ ::) @) Thanks for that picture, Joni. Looks like another great event in Castle Rock. O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

type3malfunction

Too bad I had to work and couldn't attend this weekend.
It sure is nice that you get photos online so quickly - makes up for not being there.

Earl

I would love to pretend I was really too busy to take many pictures, but after driving home, I will post a few for promotion of the great event. ^-^ Nothing like Castle Rock and a little rain, RL must have ordered it especially since he moved to Oregon. ;)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Joni

sparks1

Nice turn out  O0   Great pics
I see a couple of Winchester 75 .22 target rifles on the line >>> on both sides of an AR shooter. How did these guys do? Did they have 5rd mags or 10rd? Just asking 'cos I have a 75 and was thinking of trying a COF with it. Finding a 10 rd mag was not easy either.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Joni

A great shoot today, wet, and a smaller group, but the shooters learned well and 5 earned their rifleman patches! Congratulations to all the shooters that persevered.

Thanks Earl for your guidance, you are a great shoot boss!!
and thanks to the whole instructor crew, stories were wonderful. We are looking forward to our next AS, and hope to see you all there.

Theophilus and Joni

Link to the piscasa pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/24Oct2010CastleRockAppleseedShoot?authkey=Gv1sRgCLX1lZSniIbLbQ#

Wade

A good close to this years AS shoots at the Castle Rock WA DAR  O0 will work with my other half on next years schedual .
Thank you all for coming  O0 O0
I hope to see you on the AS trail ,,but most of the time between now and next shoot (probably April 19th weekend) I will be working as much as I can (dang it gotta pay bills and buy more ammo  :wall:)
More time I wish there was more time ,,,,btw thank you all for spending your time at an Appleseed shoot ,time it is the one thing that you spend that you will never get back ,,,I think it was spent wisly this weekend .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Earl

For the Shooters and the Crew, all the best wishes and thanks for making my last Appleseed at Wade's DAR special, successful and a great memory of the two years plus of Appleseed since December 13, 2009. Just thinking of all the Riflemen made, Red Hats, IITs and just really good folks it doesn't get better than that. 8)

Earl

Well, seems like I haven't highlighted those hardy souls that braved the squalls and squawks and silly things that happened at the Appleseed, everyone really learned how to shoot better, work around equipment and ammunition challenges and persevered. Some even earned the Rifleman title.  ^:)^

Twelve shooters from yesterday, five Riflemen. Pretty good end of a great Appleseed year here.  Thanks for building that range, Wade.

06en

What a wonderful AS! Congradulations to all those who shot Rifleman. So glad to see so many folks brave the wet wet range with great attitudes.

Thanks again WADE for providing such a wonderful DAR for all of us Green, Red and Orange Hats to help pass on the tradition.

Prescott

Thanks to all who came out and braved the NW liquid sunshine and to Wade for providing us a great DAR range.

Congratulations to all who shot riflemen this weekend.  It was fun watching them polish their shooting skills throughout the weekend.  Hope to see you all again on the Appleseed trail.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Earl

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2010/10/wonder-what-i-did-with-my-saturday-it.html

I did take a video clip of the rain pouring down upon us, but it was too cold and wet to share without shivering so I am not posting it.

Five Riflemen were reported to National in the IAAR, also the Progress Checks for three of our IITs has been sent in.
The new improved IAAR doesn't want to know how the Redcoat targets went, but I like to see them and so I share:

Redcoats from Saturday AM 400-1, 300-0, 200-5, 100-12, HS-3     32 shooters
                                PM 400-2, 300-3, 200-10, 100-6, HS-3     28 shooters
                   Sunday   AM 400-0, 300-3, 200-3, 100-6, HS-3      12 shooters
                                PM 400-1, 300-3, 200-2, 100-0, HS-2       6 shooters

Earl

Well, I do like reading about Appleseeds from the shooter's point of view :)

http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/showthread.php?t=421017&highlight=appleseed

Very nice, much better than the New York Times, but go figure - shooters really are different. ^-^