News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eureka Ks Oct 16-17 AAR

Started by The ][rishman, October 18, 2010, 12:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

AAR Version 2.0

The first one got deleted.  DERP.

We had beautiful weather.  Need I say more about that?

We had four people shoot Rifleman scores.  Congratulations to Tyler, Ann, Mike and James.  

We had several others shooting well (170 and up)  Chris shot a 201, and was not dissapointed.  Thanks Chris for your winning and teachable attitude.  Come out in November and get that patch!

I want to say thank you to Ben, Brian, Jason and Harry.  Things went smooth because you guys did what you came to do and did it well.

Tyler did step up and take an Orange Hat.  As soon as he is registered I will put in for IIT.

Attached are pictures of Mike and James.  Their Father, David, sent these to me to post.  Thanks David, for sharing with us the Patrick Henry speech.

][

III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

ksuguy

Dave was also very close.  He had a 206 on his last target on Sunday, despite having to shoot stage 2 from standing and not getting all his rounds off.   He also had a 228 on Saturday, but that one was not timed so it didn't count for official purposes.  I think he can get it the next time he comes out. 

In addition to the 4 riflemen scores, we had 3 people over 200 and several more in the 170+ range.

The ][rishman

More pics sent in By 4bfox:
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

gpbbiker

Man! it sounds like there was some very good shooting and teaching going on! ^:)^

Wish I could have been there!! But I had good reason to miss on sunday. Our church has a mentoring program where our middle school youth get to choose someone in church whom they think they'd like to spend time with and learn from. A young man in our church, selected me to be his mentor and the ceremony for that was sunday AM. It was quite a surprise as I had no idea I was even on the list of candidates, and perhaps I wasn't. But this young man made his choice because of at least these factors, I know how to shoot, I know how to hunt and fish, and he wanted to learn to be "strong" like me.
I don't think I have ever been given any greater honor, than the trust of a child.
Congratulations again to our shooters!! I will be at the Appleseed in Nov and maybe we both will be there! :)
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

VERY cool, biker! I know you'll make an excellent "role model" and mentor....hard to imagine a better choice. See you next month....
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

AnnieOakley

What a great weekend!!!  ;D  Here are more pics (hopefully I'm doing this right & they show up)...

AnnieOakley

I just figured out how to attach more than one picture at a time (it's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you!)...