News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bonfield, IL Oct 09-10, 2010

Started by Boba Fett, October 11, 2010, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett

What an amazing Appleseed weekend. Absolutely the best weather I've ever experienced at an Appleseed and that puts it at the top of my list of most favorite Appleseeds.
We had 23 great shooters on the line Saturday and 12 returned Sunday for another drink from the fire hose. Everyone had great attitudes and even with only three Instructors everything went very, very smooth. Many Thanks to Wurstmacher and Gumballhead for being my right and left hands this weekend. You both took all of the stress out of my SBiT day.

We had seven kids on the line this weekend and they all earned their junior patriot's patch on Saturday. I had three objectives this weekend: Everyone to stay safe, everyone to learn something, and everyone to have fun. I think those objectives were met, but I'd love to hear from all of you and what you thought about your weekend at Appleseed.

Last year at Bonfield, Justin shot his Rifleman's score with a 210 and got dowsed in true Appleseed fashion. This year he returned and confirmed his status as a "Rifleman" by beating his score with a 212 on Sunday. Great job Justin. Keep thinking about that Orange Hat. You'd make a great IIT.  O0

Congratulations are also in order for our newest female "Rifleman" Annie Perez.  ^:)^  Annie was shooting really well on Saturday and I had a feeling she would seal the deal on Sunday and she did. Unfortunately for her, she did so with a 210 and I just happen to have a full 1 liter bottle of water that had been sitting in ice water for two days. She took it like a trooper though and I was very proud to award her with a "Purple" Rifleman's patch. She actually knew the story of Yotnottin and requested a purple patch. Well done Annie. I'm very proud of your efforts and your accomplishment this weekend. You definitely earned it!.  O0

We had a couple others who were oh so close (205, 207) but could only be there on Saturday. Rich, I sure hope you can come to Clinton next weekend and git-r-done!  :--- Only sorry I won't be there to see it.

I also saw several other faces this weekend I had seen at previous shoots and some great new ones as well. It was great meeting you Gary and your boys. It was really nice talking with you and hearing about my old home town (Wilmington) again and how some things have changed and some things were still the same. I look forward to seeing you and your family again out on the Appleseed trail. Your help cleaning up the range on Sunday was most appreciated and I loved your reply when I thanked you: "Hey, we're Appleseeders and it needed done". Congrats again on you and your boys winning the team star drill.

I look forward to seeing the pictures that were taken this weekend, especially the one's Gumballhead took of Annie getting her patch... and her bath.  **)

Alright..... time for everyone else to start chiming in.  :cool2:

Boba Fett

Gumballhead

...and time for the pictures!  ^:)^

As Boba Fett said, we had a great shoot.  Lots of smiles, and some fantastic weather.  I was impressed with our group of shooters.  Everyone put forth 110%, and persisted through my relentless AQT Grind on Sunday.

Thank you again to all who came out, and I hope to see you again soon!

sidecarr

My first Appleseed ,not much to say except I'm hooked , wish I could of been there Sunday ,almost sure I would have shot Riffleman , Want to give a big thanks to Wusrtmacher he spent a lot of time helping my son on Saturday. I will be back for the Nov event and am trying to recruit some friends to join me . Have an idea not sure who to send it to , if you guys let Scout leaders shoot for free next year, I think once they got a taste of Appleseed the Scouts wouldn't be far behind , I would be able to go to all the Roundtable meetings and let everyone know about the program and the fact that its free to Scouters this year  . I have always been into the history of our country especially the  Revolutionary War, Mountain man era ,and WW2 period , the way the instructors presented the history was great ,we need to get the storys out to the youth that don't learn them anymore ,so they can be proud of their heritage and country . I try to give my Scouts that pride in our country at our meetings ,but I cant say enough about the Appleseed program it was everything I hoped it would be and more. By the way my son and I had a great time

brassburn

I very much agree with Boba Fett regarding the weather...It was gorgeous and the range was very nice too.

I say this because I am a fresh graduate from the Waterman,IL Appleseed shoot and that weekend was very cold!!! Such a big contrast!
Anyway, I would like to thank Boba Fett for an amazing weekend. There were only 3 instructors that weekend but they were VERY organized!
Boba Fett made the weekend fun that the hours were just flying by. Safety was a very big issue and upheld in every minute of the shoot. The stories were awesome although I've heard it before, there is always that different perspective, a different flavor from the way every instructor presents the scene, the situations...sometimes very thought provoking that you cannot help but respond to a resounding "yes" if ever you were recruited to the militia...

My son came with me this time since I infected him with the Appleseed bug (I know...it's contagious) and now he's hooked too! We had a wonderful time. I would like to extend my gratitude to Wurstmacher  :bow: for the attention and patience he gave us in trouble shooting our marksmanship. He made a difference. He helped me nail down that elusive rifleman patch!  Yeah! ^:)^

Gumballhead was very funny. I like his stories too and such a fount of information. Thanks for scoring my AQT's.

We have met a lot of wonderful people this weekend. It is humbling to see their dedication and commitment. I am also going to do my part, albeit small to nurture the seed planted in me. I love this country and I recognize that it is broken and need healing.
The Appleseed has stirred my heart in such a way that I want to learn more, to get to know more my adoptive country and be an asset, to be worthy to be called an American and worthy to enjoy the liberty that had cost so much. I am one of the lost daughters...I will help to seek them out.

Thanks for all that you do and are continuing to do.

God bless America...My home sweet home!