News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Pittsburg, KS Oct 9-10

Started by 4bfox, October 11, 2010, 01:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Another great shoot in Kansas! Excellent weather, attentive, determined shooters...doesn't get much better than this!

I'd like to SINCERELY THANK the Bone Creek Gun Club for providing an excellent location for us.....nice covered shooting line, PLUS fixing lunch for everybody on Saturday! Thanks to Capt. MAJOR Johnson and his lovely wife for housing AND feeding the instructors! We actually SOLD OUT this event on  Saturday....AND made room for one more shooter (31 total).

And a BIG THANK YOU to the instructors, who made my job as SB a WHOLE lot easier....gpbbiker, AdamSelene, BLUEJACKET and Capn Cook! Through a lot of shooting and perseverance by the shooters, we "patched" 1 Rifleman on Saturday, and 3 more on Sunday. Several other shooters were "knocking on the door"....PLEASE keep at it, you WILL get there! I was especially proud of Katie, she scored a heartbreaking 209 TWICE on Sunday, and hung in there to finally get her purple patch!

Ah...the Zombie Rush! What is this...the 2nd time we've done this? I think the shooters enjoyed it ALMOST as much as we did....they were really movin' on to get back to the line and shoot out that star target...

Pics follow:    (hmmm...not exactly sure what happened with the pics, may try a different program and repost later...sorry)
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

POP

Ben & Co.,
Your program in KS is really taking off.  Thanks for the great effort, and, it is a lot of effort to put on these events.
4 new Riflemen including Katie. O0  ^:)^
And, that ZOMBIE Rush thing?  Seems to be a tradition with you KS guys.   **)
I gotta make it to another event in KS next year.  Miss you guys.  Keep up the good work.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

The ][rishman

Great job Ben.  I am looking forward to working with you this weekend and hearing all the little details.  Thanks for stepping up and taking this. 
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

AdamSelene

Ben;

Thanks to you and the other instructor staff for coming to Pittsburg and making all this possible.  One of our cadets who was shooting fair to middlin before Saturday was tearing up the range on Sunday's seperate range event for cadets.

Also thanks to John's Sporting Goods in Pittsburg for offering 10% off to Appleseeders.  Next time I will try to get publicize word of that ahead of time (this time I found out Friday night).

-Adam
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

hangfire

I cannot tell you how great the RED Hats and Instructors were at this shoot. Thank you, you all were unbelievable. Ben & John you are special people. I would also like to thank the Bone Creek Club for the use of there nice facility's, Thank you. I had been waiting sense April to try again for my rifleman's patch and was so relieved to shoot a 228 Saturday afternoon. But Sunday was great, I not only was able to back up my rifleman score several more times but watched my brother shoot back to back rifleman scores my soon to be daughter in law shot a 219 after twice shooting 209's and my son scored his personal best with a 197. He will be our excuse to get signed up for another Appleseed and I will try to get my Dad and several others to come with us.

Hangfire

4bfox

Hangfire....it was our GREAT pleasure to have your family shoot with us! Tell your son to stick with it...he was REAL close...one more AS and he should get that patch. Like I told you...took me 3 times...LOTS of bad habits to break!

I was SO glad when Katie broke past the 209's....she was trying so hard, she should be really proud of that patch.

Again, congratulations to you all...folks like you make me want to come back next time!

Ben
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

henschman

Wow, it sounds like it was a heck of a time.  Sorry I couldn't make it -- we had a vey successful shoot of our own to run at a new range in El Reno, OK. 

Ben, running shoots as a brand new red hat -- I like it!  That's how oldgrunt and I got started instructing too.  In fact, my first time running a shoot was at Pittsburg last November.  Sounds like you put on a really good event.  Way to step up... though I have to say, those great Kansas shooters make it easy!

Maj. Johnson -- Congrats on the promotion!

GPBiker -- that's a beautiful offhand position in that pic!

See you all soon, I hope.

Daniel
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

hangfire

henschman, said.
though I have to say, those great Kansas shooters make it easy!

I have to tell you that 3 of the 4 newly patched Rifleman took their patches home with great pride to MISSOURI.  ;)

4bfox

Yeah...but you're not TOO far over the line, are you? What you REALLY need to do is take a hat and get a range going around Joplin....

Or keep coming over on our side...that's fine, too!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Greg in MO

Quote from: hangfire on October 12, 2010, 09:15:20 PM
I have to tell you that 3 of the 4 newly patched Rifleman took their patches home with great pride to MISSOURI.  ;)

HA HA!  Now to put Orange Hats on their heads...

Greg

AdamSelene

Gentlemen, your efforts at this Appleseed has had positive effects!

Of the Cadets who showed up at the Appleseed, four went off to the Ranger Challenge competition at Camp Dodge Iowa the following weekend.  PSU fielded two 9 Cadet Ranger Challange teams (A Team and B Team).  Only the B Team sent people (four) to the Appleseed.  B Team one 1st Place among 16 teams from Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas in the marksmanship event.  Your mentoring on the line has had a dramatic impact for these young people.  I think it will be much easier to get cadets interested in Appleseed in the future.

-Adam
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

henschman

AWESOME!!!  Congrats to B Team.  Though I have to say I'm not all that surprised, having met some of your cadets and knowing what I know about Appleseed.  I bet Griffin was on that team, huh?

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

4bfox

VERY COOL! Congrats to you all.....I know you expend a LOT of time and effort with those young folks....

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10