News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAAR: Duluth, MN. October 2-3, 2010 ---< III >---

Started by AFTERMATH, October 01, 2010, 04:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Someday, I'm sure someone else will be the Shoot Boss for Duluth, but untill then.....
IT'S ALL MINE!!!  Muahahahahah, MuahahahAHhahaHA, MUAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Third times the charm! :cool2:

I'll see you there, then I'll see you here on the Awesome After Action Report!

O0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.....  Uhhhh.....   Who called in the air support? :sos:
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

As darkness descended upon the United Northern Sportsmen's Club - our northern most Appleseed Outpost in Minnesota; Adamt arrived to procure the highground.  He did so, and proceeded to establish a perimeter for my impending arrival.
At 22:00, I arrived by land and set up camp.  We prepared for a crisp evening, followed by a frosty morning.
As soon as the fog had receded to its morning position, hanging low over the Lake of Islands; I evacuated my snowing tent and proceeded to make breakfast in preparation for another exceptional two days of Appleseed glory.  The two of us quickly consumed breakfast for the five us Instructors who would be there to kick start America, that morning.
Though the air was cold, our hearts were warm, and the coffee was hot.
It was Saturday, October o2, 2010, and the excitement was just beginning.

Continued...
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Patriot Gal

Sounds like a nice start to a novel, but I'm beginning to worry about you.... maybe it's the brain freeze!!!!   muahahahahaha!!!!
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

TheDud

I think we will claim the title of first AS to have to ceasefire for low flying helos...  O0  At least the pilot was on our side  :cool2:

dstates

Yeah, it would have been a little more intimidating if it had been a Blackhawk or Apache...

AFTERMATH

Crack--Crack--cr-ca-cra-crack!
The sights and sounds of Liberty pierced the frigid air, as the smell of gunpowder filled the narrow hollow in the mixed deciduous forrest that would be our home for two days of intense instruction and persistant action.
From as far away as Fargo and Gordon, Nine men and women set out to immerse themselves in the contemporary manifestation of the quintessential American experience...  Though, on this morning, the Redcoats escaped fairly unscathed; the same could not be said when they returned later in the afternoon.
The shooters were shooting; the instructors were instructing.  All of us were learning.
Then came lunch.
Hearts were set ablaze with the first strike of the match.  Then it was back to shooting and learning; learning and shooting.
Before anyone knew it; it was time for the second strike.
Pilots, riding upon Falcons and Hornets, flew low to hear the 'Shot heard 'round the world!'  Such an amazing example of American air superiority!
With the roar of their engines now in the distance; the shooters returned to shooting, the instructors returned to instructing.  All continued learning.
As the the sun approached it's evening residence beyond the horizon; the shooters gathered their gear and proceeded to make their way home.
That night, would allow for their bodies to rest.  Their minds, however, wouldn't follow suite.  They couldn't help but ponder and stew over all they had learned and all they must learn.  The anxiety, I'm sure, fought their fatigue as they lay in bed.  With their minds searching the past and present, and wondering what lay in store for the future.  For themselves, for America, and most importantly....tomorrow!
As their heads raced, their bodies slowed their pace.  Tired and worn, stamina lost the fight as they drifted to sleep; closing their eyes for the night.
In the morning; the Redcoats await, I can't help but imagine that they too, pondered their fate.

Continued...

AFTERMATH

Meanwhile, back in camp the fire is blazing, the instructors are stirring and their stomachs are grumbling.
As dinner is prepared discussion on the days events ensues and a strategy for the next day is developed.
The rest of the discussion shan't be elaborated upon here; as mostly it is irrelevant to this report.   @)
Adam and I, the two hardy souls to brave this night which would be colder than the previous night, discussed this fact as the NOAA had proclaimed it wouldn't drop below freezing....  As a matter of course, they proved themselves wrong once again.  Everything was encrusted with frost by the time the midnight struck.  We would retire for the evening a few hours later.  It was now the first part of Sunday, October 3rd, 2010.  We were about to embark upon the refining of the crude riflemen we had begun to mold the previous day, and we would need the rest.  More decisively; we were out of firewood. :sos:

Continued

AFTERMATH

For some, Appleseed is an escape from the disparity of the often surreal situation we find ourselves in.  Whether it be our personal lives, our job(or lack there of), or our situation as a Nation.  Looking back we see times that appear so familiar, distant but familiar.  Appleseed brings that home to reality.  The reality is now and Appleseed shows us what is really important.  Friendship, community and most importantly Posterity.  The sacrafices our ancestors made for us, for the Revolution which still lives on in the hearts and minds of a few.  But, which seems to has disappeared from the majority.  That grande experiment must continue on, until someday our descendants shall pick it up and alas see the results.  We cannon fail.  For if we do, the blood shed by so many will be in vane; I for one will not allow it.

Sunday, October 3rd, 2010:
Adam and I were forced to forgo breakfast on this brisk morning; as the grill and all wares were cached in ice.  Then again, we were still full from dinner the previous evening.  Unfortunately, though, three was still hungry.  But then again, he always is.  After a slight jolt of coffee we were ready to jumpstart America, and my car. ???

John and Rome could not rejoin us on Sunday; due to church obligations.  Afterall, John's church, just wouldn't be the same without their Pastor.
We were however, joined by Trouble and Winterminut76.  Derek had come all the way down, from practically Canada, to make yet another attempt at that Rifleman's Patch.
Despite a flat tire along the way; Wulf persisted, and arrived shortly following the mornings Redcoat engagement.  How did the Redcoats fare, you may ask?  Well, not so good as the previous morning. :--- >:D
Following a few drills and a quick review we made even quicker progress and the anticipated grind of the AQT mill would soon be upon us.  One or two in before lunch.  Where Russell detailed for us, the runaway flight of the Regulars.  An exciting relief from the bloody butchery by his majesty's men upon a peaceful, but defiant, Lexington militia and Hannah Davis' loss of Isaac to the birth of a new nation.
Once the Regulars had retreated to their fortifications outside Boston.  We started hammering away at the AQT's, in an effort to squeeze a few Riflemen out of our group.  Afterall, were not the Riflemen vital in keeping those Brits under siege?
Our efforts proved fruitful, as soon we would have a new Rifleman.  Doug, nails it!  On his second Appleseed with a tube-fed, lever-action!  See it surely can be done, by a man who knows his rifle.  And this is Doug's rifle, his only one!
Jim and Matt were not too far behind both earning the right to be called Riflemen.  I see some orange in the future!
Samuel Whittemore, Hezekiah Wyman, David Lamson, Prudence Wright; all brought the history down to a personal level.  But not so personal as BrassBucket would soon instill...  As they, unknowingly became part of the Wedding Portrait that never was.  The IIT's all did an excellent job in both instructing as well as in relating the stories of persons living hundreds of years ago.  Still alive in the hearts and minds of those who care.  The shooters did better shooting and relating to the the stories related.  All should be as proud as I am.
Sometime during the afternoon; we found ourselves under the watchfull eye of a helicopter that was circling and hovering; hovering and circling.  When they finally landed we were relieved to find, that not only did they not land on wrong side of the firing line, but that it was Lance from the club working on a video for them.  They'd been out at the last shoot, but it was a surprise that day for sure.  What an entrance....  Hmm.... I wonder if I could bug Fred for one of those? ::)
All being well, we continued on.  Beth and Joan, found that with decent sights they can start to shoot great groups.  They've got a good start and are well upon their way to becoming Riflewomen!
Derek was so close, again.  But alas, it wasn't in the stars.  We'll see you up north at the shoot your working on!
We were all hesitant to leave that evening, but the moon wasn't full.  So we could have no night shoot. >:D
In melancholy, I made my journey home.  Looking back at what we'd accomplished and with hope for a bright future of Appleseed and America.

Thus, I have accounted for the events of the weekend of October 2-3, 2010.

As it is, as always; all good things must come to an end.
In preparation of things better, even.

Until our paths cross again,

Aftermath

p.s.  If someone doesn't start posting pics; people are gonna start sayin' it didn't happen!

AFTERMATH

javaguy

Rumor has it that Redcoats were recently confronted on the northern frontier. Did the Shutter Boss appoint a shutterbug for this chilly northern MN event at which Riflemen were forged?  We must locate the digital evidence! 

BrassBucket

Ayah! Trying to post these pictures crashed my internet three times! You better appreciate  ~~:)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

dstates

Nice report, Aftermath, and good pictures, BrassBucket.  I had a great shoot and was pumped to get my 220. 

AFTERMATH