Author Topic: Promo Team Members  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Castle Mountain

• RWVA Instructor
New Poster Concept for Library Seeds and General Promos
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 05:43:30 PM »
I would like some feed back on this  revised poster I made, please.

Castle Mountain

Welcome to the Promotions Board.  Please read the Mission Statement that you will find below.  If you have any suggestions or would like to help on a Promotions project, please contact the Team Leader.

Thank you,
The Promotions Team

Team Leader:
Devnull

Members:
Castle Mountain
CortJestr
Evenstar
Hoover
ItsanSKS
Oleg Volk
Scuzzy
spitstickler
TN_Dadx5
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:24:59 PM by Castle Mountain »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen.”

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."
~ Harry S. Truman (1884-1972), 33rd US

Offline Mark Davis

• designated Shoot Boss
  • AKA Clodhopper
Re: Promo Team Members
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »
Got called back to work, and was no longer free to show up at the radio station during the local talk show.
Good chance of getting laid off again in a few weeks, I can pursue that again.

Offline Castle Mountain

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 06:27:21 PM »

Thanks for the update. Great promo effort. It would have been a good one. Sorry to hear about
layoff prospects. Hope they are short lived.  Happy New you to you good sir!

Castle Mountain

Got called back to work, and was no longer free to show up at the radio station during the local talk show.
Good chance of getting laid off again in a few weeks, I can pursue that again.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen.”

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."

Online colycat

• Willing to go down range
Re: New Poster Concept for Library Seeds and General Promos
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
Way to busy, Phillip.

But you should know I am pretty ADD and am easily distracted :))
I would like some feed back on this poster I made, please.

Castle Mountain

Welcome to the Promotions Board.  Please read the Mission Statement that you will find below.  If you have any suggestions or would like to help on a Promotions project, please contact the Team Leader.

Thank you,
The Promotions Team

Team Leader:
Devnull

Members:
Castle Mountain
CortJestr
Evenstar
Hoover
ItsanSKS
Oleg Volk
Scuzzy
spitstickler
TN_Dadx5
“These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.”   T Paine

Offline Castle Mountain

• RWVA Instructor
Re: New Poster Concept for Library Seeds and General Promos
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:51 PM »
Here is a revision where I removed a sizable portion of content to simplify it more.

Thoughts welcomed.

CM

Way to busy, Phillip.

But you should know I am pretty ADD and am easily distracted :))
I would like some feed back on this poster I made, please.

Castle Mountain

Thank you,
The Promotions Team

Team Leader:
Devnull

Members:
Castle Mountain
CortJestr
Evenstar
Hoover
ItsanSKS
Oleg Volk
Scuzzy
spitstickler
TN_Dadx5
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:01:14 AM by Castle Mountain »

Offline asminuteman

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 12:23:10 PM »
This poster is great work, yet I am lost as to how you would intent to use it for the "titled" task's at hand............and here is why...(quick&dirty)

(speaking from a great deal of successful experience) School's and/or Library's et al
Best to stick with "history & heritage" ONLY.........(photo's-graphic's and verbage)
the "sales" pitch to the marksmenship side is an easy transition ...LATER...after your foot is in the door.
These organizations, Don't let firearms get involved in anything .....
American or Colonial history, one "assumes", automatically that :black powder-firelock's-bullets even DEATH or SHOOTING of a human, would be seen, discussed and/or used as a visual aid!

KNOW your target audience and "track" them......their minds are easy to influance later from the flank

my 2 cents...............whats working here in over regulated- politically correct California
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Offline George Hacker

• designated Shoot Boss
  • The instructor formerly known as "ShadowMan"
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »
Action!
Suspense!
Romance!
Come hear the story...

We live in a fast food generation so we need to keep it simple and use simple language.  Like asminuteman said, we need to hook 'em then let the presentation do the rest.

Now the question arises - do we have truth in advertising?  Considering the events of April 19, 1775, is there action?  You bet!  How about suspense?  Although we know how things turned out, the militia certainly didn't and I'm sure many a Regular was wondering if they would make it back to Boston alive after General Heath put his plan into action (there's that word again).  Romance?  I think Isaac and Hannah Davis qualify as do the courting love birds encountered in the first strike.  Put passionate Appleseed instructors in the front of the room telling the stories and it will make Gone with the Wind look like Leave it to Beaver reruns.

Also may I suggest simplifying the pictures?  Just put one or two very eye-catching pictures.  Perhaps the battle at the North Bridge and a picture of one of the women.  Need to catch the eyes of both genders.

I applaud your efforts to put together a useful poster.  Thanks for taking this project on.

Just my two bits worth,

- ShadowMan

Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Offline dragonfly

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »
I like it, but I'm already sold on Appleseed. Uncle Sam knows Americans have a short attention span.

D-fly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.