News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Stinson, WV 9/25 - 9/26

Started by Chrome, September 27, 2010, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrome

Saturday started off nice and warm and continued warming up throughout the day.  It stopped warming up just short of miserable. 

Two shooters shot Saturday and there was a good deal of improvement by both shooters. 

Sunday, was cool then turned wet. We had a total of seven shooters, only one returning from Saturday.  One rifleman, Jeremiah, shot a rifleman score, back to back.  A 227 and 225, now that's consistency.  He's been to around 7 Appleseeds, so it was great to see him earn his patch.  It should be mentioned he did it with a loaner rifle and Remington ammo.  Just reinforces the "rack grade rifle and ball ammo" goal.  Two others knocking on the door, one 208 and one 201.  I'm sure they'll put it all together on their next AQT for sure.

Stay tuned for some pictures courtesy of The Machine.

Later,
Chrome...

Montani Semper Liberi

Spanner

Hey Jeremiah, congratulations!   O0  A rifleman persists!

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

MacMcM

Yes, Jeremiah shot VERY well.  O0  George (his father) told us that Jeremiah had a homework assignment that he had to complete before returning this time for AS. He had to watch the entire History Channel series (14 hours of DVD) on the Revolution, in addition to his other studies. This past weekend was my introduction to this fine family, the whole family really "gets it". I expect to see George, Hannah, and Shad all with patches soon! (Cousin Ryan too)

My guess is that Falcon had better bring his beater-loaner LTR back to Stinson, as 4 or 5 people will want to use it.

I really enjoyed this AS and got to polish my delivery of the safety rules, safe rifle, and 6-steps, and SB/Falcon let me do Hezekiah Wyman as well as Samuel Whittemore.

On a personal note, I think NPOA has gotten thru my cranium finally and I cleaned a RC and shot a 202 and a 208!  ++)

We will see what happens in Beckley next w/e... Later, MacMcM
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

wvmmfalcon

I was very glad to see Jeromia(h?) get his patch. I didn't even have the buttplate on the rifle that he used(adjusting pull length), aside from that it is in the same condition that it has been for years as in "bring what you got". George and Jeromia were both pumping our hands afterward. Makes you feel good when shooters come up to the instructors afterward and thank us for what we do. Mac will soon have his patch and Chrome did good on everything that I asked of him and then some. I threw in stuff for him that wasn't preplanned. Wonderful shoot!
Jeffrey-Frank..Jarrell
KYPD
Malon Labe
I think, therefore I am dangerous (Q)

agony

Glad to hear of the new rifleman.  Hope I make it to Stinson again soon.