News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stevenson, WA Sept 25-26 AAR

Started by Earl, September 21, 2010, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

8) So, you check the load in the vehicle, make sure your have the needed material for the Appleseed and what you are going to do there.

You study the instructions and good advice from the forum.

I also go and check that I might be one that knows very well what he is about.  226 on Fred's old AQT targets. Just for Pa Rah and clodhopper. ;)

Shoot box has shown up with some extra stuff to sell, and I go off to shoot my M1 on Fred's old AQT, just the off hand and cross legged sitting parts.
( I am only using the CMP surplus 30-06, I haven't gotten smart enough, industrious enough nor near the last of the cans to start re-loading, but I want to)

20 pre-registered for Saturday, 13 for Sunday   --- all slots filled for this first Appleseed, it will be great!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

type3malfunction

Nice shooting.
Did you use CMP surplus ammo or your own load?

Ducko

Congradulations to everyone for tuffing out our rainy Sunday shoot.  In honor of our first shoot in the Columbia River Gorge in Stevenson, and our less than perfect weather, I have taken the liberty to change the four stages of the AQT, the new stages go something like this:
1) Stage One: begin standing finish standing
2) Stage two: transition from standing to sitting
3) Stage three: transition from standing to puddle
4) Stage four: begin in puddle and finish in puddle   

Photos to follow tomorrow!
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

Wheeler44

Many thanks to the great instructor crew...
Congratulations new IIT Russ and a big shout out and job well done to first time Orange hats Tionico and Julie...
Theophilus..It was great to finally meet up and work together..You are an asset to the organization...
Jackattack..If we have to come to your home range to get you on the trail with us, we will..Just set 'em up and we'll come runnin'....
Ducko....It was a pleasure as always...
Earl...You da man....but you knew that already.

Shooters...You were great and I appreciate each and every one of you...Those that stuck it out through the day were rewarded with more and more rain and good shooting instruction.

I can't wait to see you all again...

W44

"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Earl

Well, day one photographs, beautiful Sunny warm Saturday, a fine day for learning everything that Appleseed can do to make one a better American and Rifleman, really. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Day two photographs, weather showed the normal side of Fall-Winter-Spring for Western Washington - constant cooling rain, sigh. Still a Rifleman persevers, when asked if they wanted to shoot more AQTs, the answer was always YES! The crew carried on. ^:)^

Earl

Ducko

More photos of Stevenson shoot, both days.  Good lookin shooters.  I only wish I had a photo of Emily putting those five shots on the steel!  Thanks to Carl and Jack for providing the target line.  Thanks to everyone for coming out! :)
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

m0rtimer

Thank you Earl, Wheeler44 and team for putting on this shoot.  I had a lot of fun and leaned a great deal.

-Mike

Julie

Thanks to everyone for making my first experience as an IIT a good one!  Really enjoyed meeting the shooters and some great instructors, and of course, getting to work with the masters - Earl and Wheeler44.  Learned a lot.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again at another shoot.  Hopefully, one that's not quite as rainy on the second day!  Congratulations to Emily for making the girls look good shooting that steel!

Julie

Earl

:-[ Gee, Julie, it will take many more years of shooting and Appleseeds before I get to be on Wheeler44's level, and I haven't even figured out how to become a Master or Senior Instructor, although I was a Senior Drill Sergeant once, and Master Parachutist for a long time. Always looking forward to working with you on the line. :)  I do know I am older than Wheeler44 ^-^

Earl

More pictures I don't think were shown before. :)

Earl

Day two, the rain day, more pictures I don't think were shown before. ::)

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast