News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Clinton, IL Sept. 18-19, 2010

Started by Gopher Boy, September 20, 2010, 07:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher Boy

WOW...  This was a great weekend with a great group of people.

2 Rifleman
1 IIT

Behind schedule...  I'll edit and fill in more later.

G.B.

grassy

OH MY GOODNESS  that was educational, fun, interesting, bonding, original, intoxicating, impressive, etc.  What a great group of instructors. i learned so much  thank you gopher boy, castle mountain, patriot gal, George, and don't forget the new IIT out of ammo. i will be out at the range as soon as my muscles heal a little (tommorrow) i cant wait until my next appleseed. my first AQT 118 after a couple of days with excellent guidance  i ended on sunday with a 201(so close yet so far away).  my daughter(12) only went on Saturday and her redcoat start with  only two out of thirteen but closed the day out by clearing the redcoat she had a little help with a shooting bag and i think her AQT was 184  with a bag.  but I AM PROUD OF HER. i will work with her.    i cant wait till Octobers but i don't think I'm going to be able to shoot i think i will be helping my daughters.  but i still cant wait.  i guess that's enough but i just really had a good time  thanks once again.

Brown

We had a FANTASTIC first Appleseed with all the instructors at Clinton. My son Adam made Rifleman with a 211 and talked about it all the way back to Indianapolis area. we are both definately hooked and are already researching Marlin 795 LTR rifles for future events. BIG thanks to all the instructors!!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Garand69

Grassy & Brown... THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT O0

I hope I get to meet you all further down the trail ;)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Gopher Boy

I was really hoping that we would hear from more shooters, but here goes.

I don't know if it was the spring board effect from the Waterman 300 or just a great synergy with all the instructors and shooters, but this shoot was my third favorite.  (first was the one I shot rifleman at, Second was the Waterman 300)

I made a special reminder to myself as I was driving to this event that Friday 9/17 was National Recognition day for POW/MIA.  Every Federal building flew the US flag and the POW/MIA flag as well.  I didn't have the flag myself (I have one now), but I made it a point that everyone at this event knew what day it was and that until they all come home we will never forget.

We were able to Forge two rifleman this week end, Congrats to Greg and Adam.  I told Adam to remind the Indy instructor that He's an Illinois Rifleman.   ;)  Adam's Dad made it a point to tell me before they left that they had been hooked "Bad", so that's good.  So look out Hawkhaven, we are sending a few more your way.  They will be great additions to Appleseed where ever they are.

We also had several families on the line that to OutaAmmo.  Even managed to hand out a few nicknames in the process.

I think I can speak for all of the instructors when I say, We had a Great time and are looking forward to coming back to the Dewitt County Sportsman's Club.  Did I mention that they had a hot lunch on both days and Breakfast on Sunday.

I wish I could be there in Oct., but I need to be someplace else.

Respectfully,

G.B.

Brown

I have a few pics of this weekend to upload but having issues. Anyone able to help direct me through it?
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Castle Mountain

Yes indeed the Clinton shoot was wondeful.  ..:.. What a high from the Waterman event to bring
to this shoot and come away high again.  ..:..

Nice range, great people and a club that has potential O0
for growth. Mr. Ed was a wonderful host. We celbrated new riflemen, a new orange hat {Congratulations
Out of Ammo and for all that  you do for Appleseed} You da man!! :cool2:
and possibly two more instructors in Phil & his son Adam for the fine state of Indianna. Indianna's
program will be getting a pair of great Americans and excellent marksmen :--- :--- should they step as as they indicated. O0 O0
We too all wish we had more pictures and feedback from they wonderful group.
High five to everyone for another great weekend. Patriot Gal and I are so glad we went! O0 O0 O0
What a good time :--- :--- :---

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

AuntieBellum

Good to see you finally take one of those fancy hats, OutaAmmo.  Congrats!  And don't forget to come show it off over here in Indiana every once in awhile!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot