News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Payson AZ Sept. 18 and 19 2010 YAHOOO

Started by dragonfly, September 17, 2010, 11:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Johnnyappleseed

D-Fly ------ Cant wait to hear about Arizona ;D
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

AZOpie

Wow! What a weekend.

The weather was kind by Arizona standards - sunny both days and below 100.  8)

We had 29 shooters show up for Saturday and 17 returned Sunday to get a dose of marksmanship training mixed with information about our shared heritage. This was a true family event this weekend - better than half in attendance was with some other member of family. It was wonderful to see the junior shooters on Saturday - they listened well and helped to keep the line safe. None of our shooters had attended an Appleseed before.

^:)^    ^:)^    ^:)^   6 new Riflemen were among us this weekend  ^:)^    ^:)^    ^:)^

It's always an honor to share the weekend with the great Americans that choose to come out and Appleseed with us! I want to thank you all, and I would like to thank Dragonfly for taking the time to fly out and Shoot Boss the event.

John

kirby

I guess I'll be the first attendee to post.

This was my first Appleseed, and my first real time with any rifle. Having been to several handgun and shotgun classes, I was really impressed with the history lesson and the instruction. I walked away knowing what I need to work on, I'm just going to have to put the time in to get better. Thanks again to AZOpie and Dragonfly. I can't wait until I can make another Northern Arizona Appleseed.

I do have one bit of advice, but I'm not even sure how it would be fixed:
Several students wish they had known to bring something like a semi-auto .22.  It's true that you can bring whatever and shooting what you have is better than not attending, it felt like some students would have brought a different gun if they had known. Being comfortable with the Internet, it was easy to find the what-to-expect information. I'm not sure how to get this to everyone who signs up, though. There's a fine line between encouraging people to bring a .22 semi-auto and discouraging those who don't have one from coming.

lysander6

Congratulations to my brother AS corps in the other half of AZ.  Six!  You beat us by one but well met!

AZOpie is the shining star in the Appleseed constellation in and around Phoenix.
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

CAMartino

The weekend ROCKED!

Thanks Jeff, John and Jesse!!!
Lead, Follow or get out of the way!
Tolerance is neither a Virtue, nor a Fruit of the Spirit. Therefore I refuse to participate in it's perpetuation!

dragonfly

WOW  O0 another great weekend in Appleseed. 29 new Appleseeder's at Payson AZ. It is alway's good to get out and about and see what a fine nation we live in, and no matter where you go, great American's are found at Appleseed. Thanks everyone for bringing a teachable attitude and willingness to learn. Thanks again to the Jim Jones Rifle range for making us feel welcome. Remember everyone support your local range.
CONGRATULATIONS to the six new Riflemen and Riflewomen ; Cindy on Sat. with a 248, Christin 233, Bruce 234, Frank 213, CAMartino 215 and Nathan 215 all on Sunday.

Picture's are on the way.

dragonfly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

New Rifleman Cindy, Frank, Christin, Bruce, CAMrtino, Nathan

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Posterity  O0

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Nice Range   O0

K.I.S.S.

Johnnyappleseed

Kirby-- Thank You for your well thought out post O0
We have all struggled with that same topic  :wall:

I have seen folks bring really difficult equiptment  :o Stuff that would make a high score impossible  :(  In some instances we have offered LTRS or even scoped 22s --but some  attendees want to be learning their own rifle. Other times they use our's and some even score RM O0

Hopefully we can get them back  to another AS with history and the potential to IIT/RH promotions.

Do you think it would be valuable to address rifle and equiptment ,sometime during the shoot? Or did you see this handled OK ,one on one?

JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge