News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marshall, Mn. Sept. 11-12,2010

Started by martin, September 13, 2010, 01:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

What an outstanding time we had at the Redwood River Sportsman Club in Marshall Minnesota this weekend. The weather was great and we had 14 shooters that stayed until the last Redcoat was shot.Congratulations to Robert, Dan and BuzzG (Robert) on making Rifleman!  Also, thanks to BuzzG for deciding to pick up an Orange Hat!
I sat down and roughly did the math,,, it appears that there was about a 150% improvement in shooting the RedCoats from Saturday to Sunday afternoon.That is impressive. Nobody gave up!

Oh,,,I almost forgot something,,,,,,,,SPARKS1 made Redhat!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Congratulations Ron!!!   
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

dragonfly

CONGRATULATIONS SPARKS1   8) O0 . Now get back to work   &) .

D-fly    Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

russellmn

Good job Sparky!!   ^:)^  ^:)^  **)

Javaguy, looks like you and me are next???    ~~:) &) &)
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

javaguy

Minnesota has a new Red Hat!  Congratulations Sparks1!!   O0  Russell I think your hat is 'innncommmminggg' somewheres between North Branch and Duluth  ;D

vmt193

Umm, there's also a new border jumping Green Hat on the roster.........

MARTIN is a SB!!!!

martin

Just wanted to add a special thanks to John and Mary of the Redwood River Sportsman Club. Here's some pictures.

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Ok,,,that didn't work too good,let's try again.
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

sparks1

I have SO much respect for Appleseeders...People who commit their time to learn our heritage and marksmanship skills instead of couching it or doing something frivolous. These people are the salt of the earth. I imagine they give full flavor to anything they do or attempt.

Marshall was such a fun shoot, great range with hospitality second to none. Mishaps were handled in professional fashion (Jack> get that scope on the 30-06 mounted farther forward. No more scope eye and those 5 stitches will be out in no time  O0) Sorry that had to happen to you. I enjoyed meeting all the shooters and working with them.

Thank you all... the Red Hat is a great honor, I only hope you have patience with me as I walk the AS trail. I liken this to getting my journeyman electricians license years ago....SO much more to learn. I only hope to continue growing and contributing to this project. Consider me another plug in the leaking dike called America.

For those that notice the time of this post...just got home from an emergency root canal at the dentist. Couldn't go back to work after that. This should heal and I will be able to get a good cheek weld again. (Had to be upper right cheek for a right handed shooter. !@#) )

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Sparks1

ps
IIT's...  these redhats are lined with the finest silk money can buy. Not that burlap in an orangehat. 

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

RustyRed

I had a Great time at the shoot :~ And great appleseeders!!Thanks to the instructors,you guys ROCK!!
Congrats Sparks ^:)^ I was very happy for you! well done O0
and for BuzzG taking on the orange hat O0 I will see you around!!
I would also like to give a special thank you to John and Mary for all you did :)

RustyRed (Jo)

adamt

Congrats Sparks1!  :bow:  Red looks better on you anyway.

Martin, congrats on the previous green hat promotion.

Sounds like it was another great Minnesota shoot. See you instructors ans shooters on the trail.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

BuzzG

Wow, what an honor to be able to fall in with a great group of Appleseeders. Big thanks to Martin for loaning me his 10-22. Want to sell it? Thanks to RustyRed for all the encouragement and help. That ball and dummy drill pulled it together for me. It was amazing to finally get and understand NPOA and see the cross-hairs come right back on center.

Thanks Sven for constantly reminding me of dragging wood back in June. That was fixed by this weekend. Thanks Kmk for the invitation to take an orange hat and sparks1 for all the help and vmt193 for the orange hat. See you all on the trail soon.

BuzzG

Get off the couch.

AFTERMATH

???
WHAT?
I leave for a weekend and Minnesota gets 3 new Riflemen, a new Orange Hat and a new Shoot Boss? !@#)
You couldn't wait one more day?
Ahh...  I'm not that selfish! @)
I'm glad I missed such an amazing weekend in Minnesota!

Congratulations Martin, Sparks, Buzz, and Riflemen!

I'll see you on the Trail!

Huzza!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

BuzzG

5-stitch

You guys made it the best weekend! My son Ryan and I smiled all the way home! Martin, Mike, Ron...you guys are the best! Stitches are already out...thanks Mary for the trip to the ER. Sparks, the scope is already moved forward. And, Ryan and I both have new Rugers, too! Hope to see you guys again this year. Thanks to Buzz for stepping forward, and congrats to Sparks for that new red hat!
Constitutional Integrity
Minimum Government
Individual Freedom
Economic Opportunity

sparks1

5 stitch...welcome.  :cool2:  There's room at Hinckley for you two next week if you can make it. Not too far of a drive (I go home every night)
If not ...check the schedule and come again. It is always an honor to have such dedicated shooters at an Appleseed. Would like to see you continue the Appleseed trail, you both had such improvement at Marshall. (All that barking by the instructors does work  &) )

Glad to hear the stitches are out and that you had fun regardless.  ^:)^ ^:)^

See you down the trail !!!!! ..:.. ..:..
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

JoeZ

Martin is SB and Sparks is Red Hat.  ..:..

Good going men, that's really great to see.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9