News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR; Waterman 300 9/10

Started by spitstickler, September 11, 2010, 01:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Badger

PlainsBilly :
QuoteBTW I got my rifleman on Saturday with a 229 scored by ahhshoot

Very nice score PB! Congrats !!!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." 
-Col. Jeff Cooper

2 clicks low

Thanks to EEL and all the instructors for a job well done.
A special thanks to our Armours for keeping us on the line.
2clickslow
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Pappy

Hello  Group; The week end, Waterman 300 in Waterman Illinois,200 Rifles to support. Thanks to Klipperfurt, Nemohunter for the Service and Rifle Maintenance support to each and every rifle that they took the time and talent to repair. The weekend was more than any one of us could of hoped for or handled on our own.
Things went well with little backups Saturday, Sunday without Klipperfurt to lend his talents the repairs slowed but there were fewer of them so it worked out..  O0
There seemed like a endless supply of folks who needed a little bit of (TLC) and happy that there was a place to find it...
There were 26 sets of sling swivels installed, 14 sets of Tec Sights installed, some were supplied by the shooters...
Many cleaning and adjustment issues were handled deftly.
I do hope that all who were serviced are happy with the service.  8) :) ;)
It is a Joy to me to be able to meet all of you, I only wish that I could of had more time to spend with every one.

EEL, You sir have spent more time than any one will ever know making this shoot what it is, Very well done!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
To all who were the shoot bosses and the support staff, Thank You for your efforts.
Ishy; WOW, I was moved  by your history, I have heard many and let me say you have a gift. Well done!
It was a pleasure to work with each and every one of you, I hope we can spend more time in the future. Till then Keep them in the black  :) Pappy

Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Western Rose

There are no words to describe this event...

Flying over the clouds for the first time... Watching the ground turn from mountains and pine trees to flat, deciduous trees and fields (I was like Bilbo after the first day or two, "I want to see mountains again, Gandalf, mountains!", well, hills and pine trees at least)

The highlights of the weekend:

Meeting and putting faces to a lot of the people that I talk to quite a bit.

Seeing the Blue Hats in action.

Hearing all about the "short corn".

Working on setting up the line Friday.

Moving all of the outhouses.....

Seeing so many shooters at one spot.

Meeting so many other "junior" instructors.

Watching Ishy get her Red Hat.

The flyover.

Seeing all of the "junior" shooters.

Watching Leah scold the "big, bad guys"

Listening to Ishy, Guy, EEL and Hooters Billy.

Watching Deacon and his son and the Richardsons work with each other was like a piece of home in a far away place.

Boba Fett's Sunday Field Sermon was also a piece of home. Thanks.

Shooting Bill3's M1.

Congratulations to the new Rifleman and Orange hats!!! O0

Talking to some instructors who couldn't be there. It was great be able to talk to you, Johnny and JohnnyAppleseed. Thanks POP and Savageshootr for letting me borrow your phones.

Having a young lady run up to me after the first day and handing me a little paper airplane that she made and running up and giving me a hug, or sticking her little hand in mine when we walked together to find something or to listen to history. Thanks, Olivia. You made my weekend.

Reading the comments on my t-shirt and in my book when I got home. Thanks to all of the instructors!! And Hooters Billy for taking the book around! 8) O0

Guy, it was great to see you again after, what, 5 years? Fred, your right, neither of us ever imagined in that long ago moment at a range in CdA that we'd run into each other in Illinois. SS, great seeing you again. HH, one year exactly... time flew by. Just think, it was you that gave me that push into talking in front of people for the first time, one year ago. Ishy, you are such an inspiration. Boba Fett, thanks again for doing the field sermon. Ben 1775, it was great to watch how you do things for those "15 minutes". ;) MeanStreaker, it was great to be able to work under you for the short time that I did. Bill3, great to meet you, thanks for letting me shoot your rifle. .5, hehe...... I think that says it all... Green Light, I'm not ER (yet anyway) even if all you easterners do start to call me that... Goldfish, RedNeckEng and family, Deacon, Gopher Boy (trouble maker you), Hooters Billy, EEL and everyone else, it was great to put faces to the computer screen. ;) Nah, to the names that I heard so many stories about. You guys rock. You are all welcome in Idaho anytime.

Shooters, you all were great to work with. I really enjoyed being there with you. We couldn't have had this shoot without you. 8) O0 ^:)^ ..:.. :---

And I've got a picture just for UNCLE EEL (because he OBVIOUSLY wanted in the picture)... ^-^ >:D

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

oldgrunt

here's a few I'll add more as I filter them lol...great time
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

ErikAnderson

Here's the barn shot that WR took. Warning. It's FULL resolution, about 1.4MB

AKShooter

I just wanted to stop in and once again say thanks to everyone that helped out at the shoot. This was my first Appleseed and even though at times I felt overwhelmed by everything going on, it was still a wonderful event. I may not have mad rifleman but I feel like I made some wonderful friends and got to meet some great people. I special thanks to my fellow Aggie Pop for all the words of wisdom, and to Old Grunt for helping me get my AK zeroed and stay motivated. I can't wait for my next event in October!

Thanks again for everything!
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Evenstar

One more picture that I was requested to post... too bad it was the only one I got and had a smudge on the lens... :wb:
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

scuzzy

Hey oldgrunt, thanks for the pics of Teddy. I haven't seen him in a long time.

What a great event. And seeing all the young people gives me hope for this country all over again. What a great crew!

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Evenstar on September 14, 2010, 11:28:55 PM
One more picture that I was requested to post... too bad it was the only one I got and had a smudge on the lens... :wb:

Mamabear got some similar. We'll post them tomorrow.

Western Rose

During the "Parting Glass".

The Riflemen removed their hats/put their heads down...

Instructors did the same...

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Boba Fett

Quote from: Karl on September 13, 2010, 11:08:19 PM
I only have 3 words to describe this past AS..............GREATEST APPLESEED EVER!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dare I say Waterman 600 in 2011  ^-^

Count me in. O0

Karl

600?  ??? 600?  ::)  WATERMAN 1000 Baby!  :cool2:

Let's fill the horseshoe.

Boba

Boba Fett

So has this thread become the AAR?  ??? Should it be moved so others can find it?

Western Rose

50th Appleseed

Rimshot

Alright, I'll play.  I had posted a link to a dedicated Waterman album in my photobucket for the Indiana gun forum and I was uploading pictures every time I got the chance.  The full album is here.  Some of my favorites:

Pappy practicing his art.

West instructs while D-fly looks on.

Seeing this for the first time, it was hard to believe this was only the right side of the line.

And a video of the fifers with musket accompaniment.
The Theatiki Fife and Drum Corps blessed us with a 45 (ish!) minute performance.  I was in tears as they sang "The Parting Glass"
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

mountainman2222

Howdy Y'all,

Did anyone get a video of Ishy's Second Strike Speech?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  --Bejamin Franklin

Old Glory!

Quote from: PHenry on September 14, 2010, 02:27:41 PM
Well, I can see that my feelings just don't count around here. I mean ya'll knew it would kill me to hear about this event. Least ya coulda done was lie and say it was all bad, or jist kep it to yerselves!  !@#)

Focus those feelings PH; FL has a large range, right?  

Say, February - March.. :cool2:..Git with EEL on the logistics, details, and Voila!  Supershoot, Florida-style.  

Now that's the kind of winterseed we're talkin bout!  Let's not deny the Sun-shine state residents and visitors the mega-Appleseed experience. ..:..

Close your eyes now PH, I'm gonna rub it in. >:D

Evenstar and Fred

10 Appleseeds in 1

EEL and Posterboy

M.E.  we're gonna see that orange hat turning red sooooon, you betcha!

Amanda of the Java Guy

our range hosts!  We had it made.  Shower, conference tables.  Thanks for opening up your facilities to us.

Old Grunt! and Abby

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

MamaBear

Great pictures, everyone!  Keep 'em coming!
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

Scarecrow

Earlier silly unproductive comment placed here is withdrawn.  $$-0
Back to SOM SOM

Bill Winkle

By far and away my favorite Appleseed event to date. It has been well said in this forum so I'll second (and third) all the kind and thoughtful words.
A heart-felt thank you to everyone involved; you are truly American Heroes.
Here are a few more pictures.

....Bill Winkle....

GoldFish

I'm having some trouble uploading pictures, so here's the link to the site with all the pictures my sis took.
Link:  http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff463/_CristinaD_/Waterman%20300%20Sep11%20and%2012%202010/

I'll try again later to post some on the forum.

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

colycat

Great AAR so far.  Lets hear more from the Shooters.  Come on Guys, you numbered over 200 and you all have internet, so lets hear from you!  Just pick a name (could be your own ^-^) and sign up.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Some pics.

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

More pics.

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

More pics.

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Section 2  O0

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

PHenry

OG,
QuoteFocus those feelings PH; FL has a large range, right? 

Say, February - March.. cool2..Git with EEL on the logistics, details, and Voila!  Supershoot, Florida-style.   

Always the voice of reason and light you are - excellent idea! I will pm my SC, ItsanSKS today and we'll see what we can come up with. Hmmmm, all we need is a berm 1/4 mile long........

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

techres

Alright, the French Media Report is up and video is here:

Project Appleseed - guns, more guns, and a bit of US history

Frankly, it ain't bad at all.

I will post this in it's own thread so discussion of it does not threadjack this one...

(Thread is here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16849.0 )
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.