News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1st Annual Minnesota Appleseed Muster! -- Who?

Started by AFTERMATH, September 09, 2010, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

" I have not a MAN, who is afraid to go!" - Capt. Isaac Davis; April 19th, 1775
WHO:  ?  When you check in; please indicate the approximate number of guests you will be bringing!
WHAT:  1st Annual Minnesota Muster/Picnic
WHEN:  Sunday, September 19, 2010 @ 1:30PM
WHERE: CLIFTON FRENCH REGIONAL PARK
WHY:  For the betterment of the program, the state and the nation!
HOW:  POTLUCK - Javaguy's bringing his canopy, we may need one or two more... Bring chairs; we may or may not be able to get any tables.  Riflemen are always prepared!

Attendees:   Please check in below.  Try to keep chit-chat to a minimum on this thread.  For planning use this thread...  I'm just trying to keep this one simple.  We merely need to know Who?

Note: If for some reason your schedule changes and you need to retract your vote; you may indeed do so!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

russellmn

Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

AFTERMATH

I'm in!

No guests as of yet....

+2
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

vmt193

adamt

I am in for at least 1, hopefully 2. Depends on wife's new job..

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

chudrockz

I would love to go, but my brother-in-law is getting married that weekend and thus it's all tied up!

louiemn

Count me in. I will have 1 guest. Since its a picnic, let me know what I can bring.  O0

Cooper

I'll be there unless Jack has me thrown out of the organization before then.  :(

A group of instructors in NY had a shoot a little while back, and only one of them could score rifleman.    :'(

An  instructor posted "NY instructors can't shoot" and lamented the decline in their skills.  I posted a reply that I was hesitant to take an orange hat due to "when can I shoot?" and recommended that true rifleman skills were more important than increasing the raw number of "instructors."  I pointed out my discomfort with the overwhelming pressure to produce numbers of instructors, rather than produce skilled rifleman and then make them instructors.  The things that I have read pushing "more, more, more" instructors sound like multi-level marketing and not like thoughtful plans for rescuing our Nation.  I agree that the situation is urgent, but I pleaded for more rifleman training and RBC's before making neophites into "instructors."

The entire thread vanished (duh, was censored) overnight.   !@#)

That makes me very, very uncomfortable with the entire Appleseed project, when such blatant censorship is at work.  If this program intends to restore American democracy, it MUST stop such tyrannical censure.

Appleseed is not the only "preparedness and patriotism" organization of which I am a member, and I am deeply troubled whether I am morally obligated to voice my concerns to my non-Appleseed Patriots.

Mr Daily, if you are going to attend the Waterman shoot, I would very much like to discuss these issues directly, just as Americans have discussed thorny issues for over 2 centuries.  Appleseed may be a "non-profit" organization that you oversee, but you do not "own" American Patriotism.  I respect you immensely, but will never bow to an organization "steered" by censorship.

Janelle Cooper, MD [Cooper]
Acting Cmdr, Chief Cook and Bottlewasher, 55Bn, 32nd FF AWRM
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

sparks1

Janelle : I too read and posted on the same topic, only to find the thread gone when I went back to follow up and see if the "superpowers" had some input. Interesting.

Deleted by whom and for what reason?  I also like an open discussion. Would that whomever deleted this thread would explain their position to the "family".
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

TheDud

Brass Bucket and I are probably IN - I have this feeling that I'll be working that weekend, but I will see what I can do about that...  &)

As to the other topic in this thread - I'm unsurprised that a number of instructors couldn't hit 210.  MOST shooters (not just AS folks) don't get to the range even once a month - and the instinct is to kick back and relax once you hit that magic number.  If you're never getting to the range, and when you are you're just instructing not shooting, it would be easy to let those skills slip.

Perhaps every once-in-a-while you should have to re-qual?

Cooper

I suspect I've kicked a hornet's nest, which is my usual MO.  Blunt truth has a way of provoking a response.
Well, my mother always said that there was a value and purpose to my life: I would always be useful as a bad example.
She now is grateful that I am the only child she can talk to without feeling judged.  Blunt truth has significant advantages.  Since I have nothing to lose, I have the luxury of speaking the obvious.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

adamt

In a blatant attempt to steer this thread back on track....

"As an instructor you are to speak no ill will of another instructor." I did not read the aforementioned thread however the very context of the title seems to violate the modus operandi of said rule. I am no mod or boss or even an instructor. I am just a guy trying to help plan a picnic and get a roll call.

Good discussion has it's own place and time.

AdamT

"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

Sven

I'll be there with one for sure.  Is this meant to be a Rifleman and up type thing or did you all intend to open it to anyone who is a friend of Appleseed and has attended a Minnesota AS?  8)

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

vmt193

As far as I'm concerned, ALL Appleseeders are welcome. I'll even tolerate some border-jumping on this one. :)

vmt

javaguy

sparks1

Quote from: adamt on September 10, 2010, 12:34:15 AM
In a blatant attempt to steer this thread back on track....

I nominate Adam chairman of the Committee of Steering. Good jpb!

(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Ahhh...
Now I know what you were refering to.
Never saw the post though.

This will be discussed at the muster, along with any other concerns any of you may have.
Write 'em down and bring them with or PM me.

Aftermath

Kosciusko

sparks1

I'm in + 1. What to bring, she asks? Potluck, I gather?

(John Maxwell)

adamt

I guess potluck sounds good with me. Bring something for yourself and something to share, or something like that. There is no power so something like a crock-pot may not work. We are running a pretty low budget operation so nothing super fancy is needed. Tomorrow I will send out a pm to all that have expressed an interest, and plan on showing up. It will instruct them to check this thread and say what they plan on bringing along with seeing what others are planning on bringing.

I think that a handful or two of rifleman and there families will make a fine gathering no matter what the amenities.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

Blackdog

I'm in.

I can bring a nice warm pot of chili and a canopy.

By the looks of the long range weather forecast (cool and wet), we may need both.  ???

BD

adamt

It wouldn't be an appleseed picnic with ought rain I guess.

AdamT. 

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

Well, potluck it is!

The Victuals List:

Black Dog - Chili
Vmt193 - Potato Salad
Adamt - Cake & chips
kmk - hot dogs[the good kind];  Buns; ketchup&mustard;  cookies[mom's own]
AFTERMATH - vegetables/dip; fruit; brownies
Russellmn - brats
Terry - Chips & salsa
Sparks - venison brats

Supplies:

Plates - Cooper
Napkins -
Plastic forks/knives/spoons -
Charcoal/lighter fluid - Sparks

Support:

Javaguy - Canopy and the official Appleseed Mallet
Blackdog - Canopy
Russlemn - Canopy
vmt192 will bring 2 canopies D.O.Weather
Sparks - Grill utensils
------ I think that cover is covered.

Numbers:  24-ish

vmt193

adamt

I am in for a cake and a couple bags of chips.

AdamT.

--  Abraham Lincoln

Kosciusko

Do you guys want more old-style hot dogs like we had in Winona ?

If so, give me a count.

Cooper

I'm in for old style dogs!! Thanks kmk, they were great!!!   :))

adamt

Kmk, I am going to send out a PM to all that have responded to this post so far. I myself would like to try a dog or two. We should have a close account of people coming as sunday nears.

AdamT.  

--  Abraham Lincoln

russellmn

put me down for a couple of those dogs, KMK, and I'll bring some brats as well.
Can also bring another canopy like Javaguy's.  I'll toss it in the truck, if we need it, we'll have it.
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

javaguy

Our crew will go for 6 dogs!  If we can figure how to keep a crock of beans hot through a long church service, we'll bring something else edible.

Should be good!  Is there an agenda or is it a free for all?   4 hours of IMC stories?  I can imagine Orange Hat vs Red Hat ultimate frisbee.