News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Palmerton, PA Sept. 11-12, 2010

Started by Chainsaw, September 09, 2010, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

Excellent inaugural event at the Palmerton Rod & Gun Club in Palmerton, PA.  Big thanks to twoguns for initiating the event and bringing Appleseed to "his" club.   O0

Well, it's getting a little boring saying it, but what a good bunch of people.  Just quality individuals that were a pleasure to have on the line.  Attentive, appreciative, good students to the last.

I'm really excited to announce that we were able to present four Rifleman patches, all to first timers!  George, Tom D, Tom H, & Walt, well done gentlemen.  ... and Laura @ 208, but alas those 2 points were not to be found.

Three cleaned redcoats too, nice.   ..:..

Nice safe display from our young folk.  Good job Angelo, Dustin & Nina!

Arpjoe and I were the only ones to camp out.  Appleseeders need to take advantage of the GREAT camping spot right across the street at the club.

Special thanks to Ken S from the club and the couple in the kitchen.  You folks made us feel at home.

I hope to do this again soon!

Thanks also to Arpjoe, LivefreeUSA and Arrigetch, yooz guys made my job easy.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Livefreeusa

Hey All,
  Had a GREAT time. Laura is just itch'in to get rifleman... :--- She was going to shoot at our home range without me could you believe it! I'm still not sure if she's not getting out after I go to work to shoot! Might have to go to Manhiem in Oct.  I had a great time helping someone else to shoot and I think I got some groups a bit tighter, Very rewarding to say the least. As C.S. said above everyone was so nice and willing to learn, many thanks to my fellow instructors who had to put up with me. :bow: Can't wait to do it again!

LIVEFREEUSA!
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

bgeddes

Thanks to both of you for the fine job.  We had a great crew of instructors to get us on the path to better shooting. 

Bill

arpjoe

Thank you Palmerton Rod & Gun Club for hosting your first Appleseed Shoot.  Thank you to those Americans who got up off the couch and attended the Palmerton PA Appleseed Shoot to learn rifle marksmanship, history and heritage of April 19, 1775.  It was a pleasure to be an instructor for the great group of shooters who attended.

I met our Shoot Boss, Chainsaw, last year at another Appleseed and little did I know that I would be moving to Northeast PA and working with him last weekend and probably many more weekend Appleseed Shoots in the future.  Having relocated from Northeast Ohio it was a bonus to make friends with new Appleseed instructors and who I expect to work with at Appleseed Shoots in the future too.

Congratulations to our four shooters who qualified as Riflemen this weekend.  I will now try to download some pictures that I took. 
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

twoguns

I would like to thank all of the dedicated instructors who took the time to come to Palmerton for this inaugural shoot.  As always, thorough, helpful, and very professional.

I will be attending the next monthly club meeting to report on how the weekend went.  As I have stated before, it is my hope that Palmerton Rod and Gun Club will become regular hosts for Appleseed in the future.

Best,
twoguns

mjm0771

Hi All,
Just wanted to drop in to say thanks for the great time at the shoot.
All of you were professional and patient with us.
I didn't earn the patch this time, but its incentive to come again!

I learned so, so much. Prior to arriving Sat morning.
I had very little experience with my AR. (ran less than 100 rounds thru it)
I learned a lot about my rifle and how to use it proficiently!
Now its time to setup my dry firing range in the basement.  8)

Chainsaw: I forgot to fill out the survey before taking off.
Is there a way I can get that to you?
Or maybe I can give you the info here, thoughts?

-mike

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him,
but because he loves what is behind him."
- G.K. Chesterton

Tom D

A big Thank You to all the Instructors!  And to all the shooter's, It was an honor sharing the Line with you all.  You're a great bunch of people!

I'm not able to attend the Monthly meeting but below is a copy of the letter I'm sending to the Board:

September 13, 2010   
To   : The Board, Palmerton Rod & Gun Club

From   : Tom D., Member

RE   : September 11 & 12 2010,  Appleseed

Gentlemen,

I am writing this letter to inform you of my experiences at the Appleseed held at the Club's range on September 11 & 12 2010.  I am writing a letter because due to my work schedule, I am never able to attend the monthly meeting.  I also wanted to be sure that you heard some feedback about this event.

Firstly, My experience was overwhelmingly positive.  The Instructors were competent and professional.  They were clear in their directive: Safety comes first!  The morning safety briefing consisted of group repetition of the rules and the admonishment that EVERYONE is an RSO,  If you see something wrong, say something!  Do not hesitate to call a cease-fire, anyone could have at any time.  The briefing was then followed by the Instructors designating the emergency plan, who would call 911, who would render first-aid in the meantime, and who would meet the First Responders at the driveway.   Safety was stressed through-out the weekend.  This was one of the safest firing-lines I've ever been on!  After each course of fire, the students were to clear their rifle: unload, safety on, magazine removed, chamber flag in the chamber, rifle placed on the ground.  Students were then to move behind the "Equipment Line" which was setup 5ft or so behind the "Firing Line" while each rifle was checked by at least 2 Instructors before the Line was called "Clear".

Secondly, The instruction was first rate.  Clear and concise, each Instructor had something to teach. Field positions: Prone, Sitting, Standing were demonstrated and the transitions between each were ALWAYS conducted with an unloaded rifle. Safety again.  The history lessons were wonderful.  Learning where "American Riflemen" came from and how we served this country at it's very founding was moving.  Learning about those men, who everyone deemed to be too old to count in a fight, that did make a good accounting of themselves and harassed the Redcoats all the way back to Boston was missing from MY public school education!

And Finally, I had a blast and learned a lot.  My first scores were around 180's of 250 points.  After the first day, my scores improved to 200's.  In the middle of the second day, I made Rifleman by scoring 218 of 250 points.  My improvement is due 100% to the instruction that I received at this Appleseed.  I cannot say enough good things about this program, Only that I look forward to attending another one soon, and I hope that Palmerton Rod & Gun will be inclined to host it!  There is no better way to spend a weekend, in my opinion.

Regards,

Tom D.
Member, Palmerton Rod & Gun

arpjoe

Tom D.

An excellent letter to the Palmerton Board.  You covered everything important about Appleseed.  It is truly part of the 7th step that our Shoot Boss talked about.

As one of the instructors at Palmerton I thank you for the kind words and praise of the work the instructors did at Palmerton.  It was my pleasure to teach rifle marksmanship and the history and heritage of the American Rifleman for the fine group that attended the Appleseed Shoot.
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

Arrigetch

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to all for making this inaugural shoot a success, and congratulations to our 4 new riflemen!  I had a great time volunteering for my first Appleseed as an IIT thanks to both my fellow volunteers and our shooters that made it so rewarding.  Hope to see you all again at another Appleseed!  Here are a few additional pictures.

mjm0771

Excellent pics Thanks!
My wife wants to go to the Palmerton Appleseed!!  ^:)^
So now, we're both looking forward to the next one.

-mike
- G.K. Chesterton

Livefreeusa

I would like to say that Twoguns And I have Attended our monthly meeting at Palmerton and we   :--- ARE APPROVED FOR 4 MORE APPLESEEDS.   ^:)^ The one written in stone looks like April 9-10.  Lets do it and make it happen. I want to see 50 shooters and the grove full of campers.  Also I would like to thank TWOGUNS for the excellent job he did at tonight's meeting, Well done!

Thanks
Livefreeusa

lprgcfrank

Quote from: Livefreeusa on September 20, 2010, 11:37:06 PM
I would like to say that Twoguns And I have Attended our monthly meeting at Palmerton and we   :--- ARE APPROVED FOR 4 MORE APPLESEEDS.   ^:)^ The one written in stone looks like April 9-10.  Lets do it and make it happen. I want to see 50 shooters and the grove full of campers.  Also I would like to thank TWOGUNS for the excellent job he did at tonight's meeting, Well done!

Thanks
Livefreeusa

Outstanding!!!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Rexob

This sounds great!   Please let me know how I can help.

Livefreeusa

Just Get the word out for now. I would like to see more people camping there you know all sittin around the campfire and still learning about the revolution. I think it could be tons of fun. Just like family campouts. ^:)^

mjm0771

AWESOME!!!!  O0
That gives us plenty of time to find a babysitter for my girls!
As more dates formalize, I'll spread the word as well.  :)

TO: arpjoe & Arrigetch:
Is it okay if I copy and post your pics to the PA Appleseed page on Facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=102979563092668

-mike

- G.K. Chesterton

BrotherDave

Can't wait for next year's schedule.  Will sign up asap.  This location is 20 minutes from my house!!  Can't wait.