News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur D'Alene, ID September 4th & 5th

Started by tdow, September 06, 2010, 03:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdow

I would like to thank each and every one of our 49 shooters who devoted their weekend to celebrating our heritage.  Just think what fun you missed out on by not being on your couch!   :)  Every single attendee I saw and interacted with had GREAT ATTITUDES.  I also saw awesome improvement in the marksmanship.

Speaking of marksmanship, A QUARTER OF THE ATTENDEES MADE RIFLEMAN.  Not only that, but the improvement made by the other shooters was incredible, because it seemed to be going on with everybody.

Now that you guys know something about rifle marksmanship, it's time to tell your friends and bring them.  Or teach them what you've learned.  Or make the next step and get involved with the program.  It's about getting the country back on track, and we need to get more people involved.  It's about making a choice.

Big thanks to the rest of the instructor crew.  It's awesome to be a part of something that works so well, something you could never accomplish alone.

Our Department of Photography with have pictures forthcoming...  ;)

Roland

I'll have time to do a full AAR towmarrow, so this is just a placeholder for now.

3 days later...

Wow, that took longer than anticipated. :)

Anyway, first the congrats:

To all of our Riflemen: Good job, hope to see you again, as you all know well what you are about.

To Scott Especially: Thanks, for taking up the orange hat and helping us out.

Encouragement:
James and Laura Cutter: Good shooting this weekend, hope you both can break through the trouble you are having with that 210 score. Keep practicing, and James, take your time on stage 4.

Bill: Good to see you back, dry fire, get a scope with better eye relief, and you will have no problem next time.

Morgan: You have true potential. Contact me, Western Rose, or Evenstar and we will help get you back to another shoot.

Other:
Instructor crew: Great working with you all.

Department of photography: Why is it my eyes are always closed???? and wow, 400 pics. More then I have taken in my whole life.

CA crew: It was a pleasure. Hope to see you up here again.

Anyone who did history: Truly excellent. That's the only way to describe it.

That's all I have to say for now.

Dirk/Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Evenstar

Quote from: tdow on September 06, 2010, 03:07:31 PM

I'll post some once I go through them all. I'll have an AAR soon... school first, and all that. ;)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Evenstar

Ok...

AWESOME shoot! Everyone had very teachable attitudes, and there was lots of improvement. The history was outstanding! Congrats to the new (and repeat) Riflemen, and a big thank you to Scott for taking the orange hat! O0 Becky, it was a real joy to finally hand you your Rifleman patch. Nice work! :D ^:)^ Thanks to Laylopro, phoneprone, Newm0e, and Nem0e for coming all the way from Cali to be at our shoot.

Here are some pictures. There'll be even more later. :)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Reformed Redneck

Friends,

This was, indeed, a very pleasant shoot.

The shooters came with teachable attitudes which made our job a lot easier, and the probability of their advancement much better. Substantial progress was made by almost all, and even those who know they need to work hard at getting their Rifleman patch seemed satisfied that they left the shoot as far better shooters than when they came. A rifleman persists.

For my part, I am really enthused by the number of families and husband/wife teams we have coming to our events. Take a look at the photos above. You really begin to see the future of our nation in the faces of those who are attending Appleseeds.

Not much else to say here except thanks to the California contingent who helped us on this one, and thanks to my fellow local instructors who are always willing to pick up the slack.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

TruTenacity

As Reformed Redneck already stated, "The shooters came with teachable attitudes which made our job a lot easier, and the probability of their advancement much better." and "I am really enthused by the number of families and husband/wife teams we have coming to our events."

The husband/wife teams that graced the range this past weekend were a great joy to teach.  They encouraged one another, helped one another, and laughed together.  Thanks for your example Mike and Diane, Dick and Tracy, Amy and Neil, and Doug and wife (name forgotten - sorry) that started out on the lower line and the others that were on the upper line.

Diane, you are an example of what makes being an instructor worth while.  Let me explain to the other readers - Diane was working very hard at getting herself familiar with her equipment while at the same time attempting to apply the instruction she was receiving.  It was a struggle, but she persisted and while not seeing too many holes in the paper all day Saturday even with the use of a loaner rifle come late afternoon she returned for another round of instruction and application on Sunday.  Right away things started to jell.  She gave a "Hoot!" while jumping up and down when she went downrange to check her Red Coat target first thing in the morning.  I called out, "You must have got three rounds in one of the targets."  She said, "No, but I sure have a lot of holes on the paper!"  By the end of the day her groups had shrunk and we couldn't put up enough AQTs to satisfy her desire to keep on working at applying all we taught her and the other shooters that day.

A word to the young people:  You were all respectful, attentive, receptive to instruction and correction, worked hard and shot well.  You also seemed attentive while listening to the history of our Founding Fathers.  Own the stories, read more about the people of our country's founding era, and pass on your heritage.

Thanks to the Cali team for cross-pollinating and for all the support you gave us in telling history and instructing the shooters.  Come back again, ya' hear?

TruT

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Western Rose

Quote from: tdow on September 06, 2010, 03:07:31 PM

Second of the four Departments of Photography reporting.... ;) (LLP, Moe, you guys are third and fourth. **))

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

And again...

I have over 400 pictures.. but I'll stick with these. ;) :D
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

AFTERMATH

Well, after seeing all the pics of the range; I know why Fred likes to sneak out there so often!

That and the whole Rifleman forging machine you've got running out there!

Way to go, Idaho!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Johnnyappleseed

25%  achieve Rifleman? :o
Way to go Idaho O0
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge