News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Winona MN Sept. 4th-5th

Started by crash, September 05, 2010, 10:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

Lets hope this works now

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Congrats to two new rifleman!!

Red is a better color for you BRAD  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

javaguy

Winona Appleseed September 2010 - large and resized versions

Deacon

Good job javaguy posting the great picture........

Crash on the other hand.......what are we going to do with you?  The pictures all look the same!!!! 

Red "X" in a white box.  I think you out of film in your 110 instamatic camera! ;D

crash

hmmmm guess I need a new image hosting service  :-\
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

dragonfly

Quote from: Deacon on September 06, 2010, 09:59:23 AM
Good job javaguy posting the great picture........

Crash on the other hand.......what are we going to do with you?  The pictures all look the same!!!! 

Red "X" in a white box.  I think you out of film in your 110 instamatic camera! ;D

Sounds like a nice shoot  :~ :~  O0

All I see is a blue box with a ?  ??? ??? .

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Deacon

What a great looking range!  I might have to sneak across the border and check it out!

I recognize some shooters too!  Well done you guys! 

Shooters......maybe we will se you at Waterman, IL????? ~~:)

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Cooper

Quote from: Deacon on September 06, 2010, 10:58:55 AM
What a great looking range!  I might have to sneak across the border and check it out!

I recognize some shooters too!  Well done you guys! 

Shooters......maybe we will se you at Waterman, IL????? ~~:)

Waterman's on my schedule, and Aftermath will be there of course.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

TheDud

Thanks to the Trinka clan for bringing fire, Kevin and the rest of Winona Sportsmen's Club for their hospitality, Sven for running a great shoot and our awesome shooters who kept things fun, safe and moving.

I am a little sad that we didn't get a chance to make Appleseed's longest distance rifleman (Ben from Taiwan), but he is in the US until June, so there is plenty of time   :~ :~ :~

Congrats to Cooper, Matt (not Mike), Scott and Paul on becoming Rifleman!

BrassBucket

This is one of the best Appleseeds I have had the pleasure of being at and IIT-ing. We had a lot of younger shooters with amazing potential (including Mitch who SUPPOSEDLY is only 13). Ben (from Taiwan), despite a large language barrier, was one of our best shooters. That just goes to show that good instructing can overcome any obstacle. NPOA is the universal language!

Thank you to Mike, Aftermath, Javaguy, Brad (our newest Red Hat), and the rest of the IIT's for a well-run, well-planned, and well-executed Appleseed. I think the shooters had a great time.

The real question is (especially for shooters): what can we do better? Criticism is the best way for us as instructors and the program to be the best.

See you on the firing line!

Alice / BrassBucket / Ms. Levin / "Follow-Through"

PS: Love the Young Patriot patches! What a great way to encourage our youngest shooters to keep on the Appleseed trail until they get their NEXT patch!

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

dragonfly

Congrats to 4 new Rifleman, did you say Cooper ?    :~ ..:.. O0

D-fly   Keeping the Faith  

K.I.S.S.

vmt193

I've got to rank this one right up there as one of Minnesota's best Appleseeds. The shooters were a pleasure to work with, no complaining, and they all worked hard right to the very end. The instructors? This was probably the most experienced crew we've ever had in one place at the same time. It made the weekend a real pleasure as an instructor and I don't think it went unnoticed by the folks on the line.

Some great history.
Four new Riflemen.
Huge leaps forward in the skills of all the shooters.
A new Shoot Boss.
A new Red Hat.
Numerous instructor promotions.
Two shooters stepping up to the Orange Hat, and least two more seriously considering it.

We had a couple father/son and father/daughter teams make it to the line along with a good sized contingent of young guys from the local school system holding their own in the center of the line.

I'm betting Matt & Brady with their new LTR set-ups will become a common sight at the range in the days to come.

Mike, who's already got his 210 baptism taken care of due to an incorrect name written on an AQT, now owes us a score of 210 to make it official. (Sorry about that, Mike.  ::) )

Then there was Ben & Tyler? Ben was our exchange student from Thailand (?) who finally accepted a loaner from KMK Saturday morning and not only shot a firearm for the first time ever, but turned out some pretty nice shooting to boot. There's something to be said for having no bad habits to break. I couldn't even get him to blink during the Ball & Dummy exercise. Tyler is his host here in the former Colonies who did some pretty fair shooting himself.

Dave already has his mom ready to go shopping for a new LTR after trying out a loaner after having some troubles early on.

And Javaguy and crew are scheming to work out the logistics for a lightning strike onto the line of the Waterman 300.

OH YEAH, we had a good time!  ^:)^

Thank you to each and everyone of you! Stay in touch and I hope to see you on the line again.

mike/vmt193

vmt193

YES! Cooper. Talk about never giving up!  O0

dragonfly

Scott AKA FreedomV a new Rifleman as well. Way to go  ..:..  8)  :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

D-fly   Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

sparks1

Cooper???? Oh Yeah...knew this was going to happen soon. Well done, well done indeed !

Congratulations to all who attended on a holiday weekend. What better way to celebrate, and with good people too. O0
Sorry I wasn't there, but knew it was well manned for instructor cadre. Did some range scouting instead...news to follow at the picnic.

Speaking of picnics...seems some of us have been volunteered for this committee of picnics.  &) lets start brainstorming, or those SB's will have too good a time sipping tea in the shade at our expense. !@#)
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

TheDud

I forgot SBIT blackmail. 8)

Sven sitting around reading a book while the IITs work the line!  ~~:)

::) ???

BrassBucket

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Cooper

Quote from: dragonfly on September 06, 2010, 12:22:20 PM

Yes, he said Cooper.   ..:..

The old fat broad finally broke down and replaced the antique Weaver scope with a Gander Mtn cheapo "22 special" Saturday night, and was loaned some CCI Mini-Mag by Aftermath.  O0 Using the morning AQT's for resighting, building a cardboard and duct tape cheek weld, and having Brass Bucket catch me everytime I failed to follow through  &), the final AQT of the day is on my wall:  a 222.    ^:)^
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

adamt

Wow, did I ever pick one to miss. Looks like this Seed Rocked!

Congrats to all the new Rifleman and soon to be Rifleman. I truly look forward to meeting you soon.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

LadyVetch

Congrats Cooper!!!!   I'd recognize that shooting mat anywhere! 

Welcome to the ranks of the "ex-cooks".   

Hope to see you on the line soon! 

LadyVetch (we met in New Lisbon)
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

dragonfly

Quote from: Cooper on September 06, 2010, 02:40:34 PM

Yes, he said Cooper.   ..:..

The old fat broad finally broke down and replaced the antique Weaver scope with a Gander Mtn cheapo "22 special" Saturday night, and was loaned some CCI Mini-Mag by Aftermath.  O0 Using the morning AQT's for resighting, building a cardboard and duct tape cheek weld, and having Brass Bucket catch me everytime I failed to follow through  &), the final AQT of the day is on my wall:  a 222.    ^:)^

GREAT I new it wouldn't be long  :~
D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Cooper

Quote from: LadyVetch on September 06, 2010, 03:41:31 PM
Congrats Cooper!!!!   I'd recognize that shooting mat anywhere! 

Welcome to the ranks of the "ex-cooks".   

Hope to see you on the line soon! 

LadyVetch (we met in New Lisbon)

Thanks, LadyVetch!

That shooting mat is back to being a sleeping mat, thanks to a shooting jacket and knee pads.   Mother Earth is my stable shooting platform, and one again my "best friend and protector."  :bow: It is very, very good to get back to expert marksman, oops, "rifleman."  ^-^

Next, it's back to rimfire bolt action, then back to centerfire semiauto, and just maybe, to centerfire bolt action... the ultimate "reach out and touch someone."  ::)

GRYPHON

It was a GREAT applseed :bow:.I learned a lot as an instructor. I would defiantly do that again.
"Those who have lost Freedom have nothing left to lose"

dragonfly

Quote from: TheDud on September 06, 2010, 01:16:10 PM
I forgot SBIT blackmail. 8)

Sven sitting around reading a book while the IITs work the line!  ~~:)

::) ???

Now its SB blackmail   **) **)

Congrats on the promotion Sven  O0

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Cooper

Quote from: dragonfly on September 06, 2010, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: Cooper on September 06, 2010, 02:40:34 PM

Yes, he said Cooper.   ..:..

The old fat broad finally broke down and replaced the antique Weaver scope with a Gander Mtn cheapo "22 special" Saturday night, and was loaned some CCI Mini-Mag by Aftermath.  O0 Using the morning AQT's for resighting, building a cardboard and duct tape cheek weld, and having Brass Bucket catch me everytime I failed to follow through  &), the final AQT of the day is on my wall:  a 222.    ^:)^

GREAT I new it wouldn't be long  :~
D-fly

Thanks, D-fly

The six steps to firing the shot clearly work.  @)
From an initial AQT of 47 on June 26 (OK my best friend died only 2 days prior and I hadn't been able to practice in a very long while) to an AQT of 222 in less than 2 1/2 months is pretty remarkable (even with prior training taken into account).  O0

Thanks, Appleseed, for restoring my confidence in myself and in my country!!!  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

Blackdog

A hearty congratulations, Cooper!!!  ^:)^

I am truly inspired by your persistence and dedication (and patience and tolerance as displayed at the Rochester AS  O0). I wish I could have been there at Winona to see it pay off with a Rifleman patch!

Just the beginning of the journey.......

Hope to see you on the trail,

BD

FreedomV

Thank you to all of the Appleseed instructors at all Levels that made this a great weekend and helped me put it all together to shoot well on three of the AQT's The others had pieces missing that pointed out areas to improve on.
Now that I have done decent with a scope I need to practice more with Iron sights and then .308
Thanks to Kevin who can host and cook as well as shoot!
FV
Illegitimi non carborundum

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

jaguar96

Nice pics Crash!!!I have been to winona before but I do believe that this was one of the best times I have had!!! Thanks Guys and Gals!!!

javaguy

I uploaded my camera chip with 346 Winona Appleseed pics to:

http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae346/mnappleseed/20100904-winona/

I don't know who took all these, but gigs of electrons were sacrificed for the cause