News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winona - IV -- Sept. 4-5 -- SOLD OUT!!!

Started by AFTERMATH, August 30, 2010, 09:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Huzza!  We're back in the game!

As to be expected, Winona proves exceptionally fruitfull on this 2 year Anniversary Weekend!
That's right.  This weekend will mark the completion of 2 Years of Appleseed in Minnesota!
Can you believe it's only been 2 years?

September 6-7, 2008:  How many of you remember that weekend?
A quick refresher can be found here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3780.msg36380#msg36380

This is sure to be a splendid occasion!

There will be lunch offered; kmk, can provide a little more details as to what it will involve and whether it will be voluntary donation or regular fee.  Either way it beats the heck out of packing a lunch and/or one of them MRE's a few of you sometimes bring!

Also, camping is available on the premesis.  I encourage all who are able to pitch a tent!  Hopefully, someone will bring a fire-ring and some wood to burn.

Mike or Kevin; could you post some detailed directions?
I remember, there was something amiss the last time I was down there.  IIRC; it was something to do with the sign being changed. 
Let's make sure that we can all get there bright and early.  Campers will enjoy the sun rise over the hills of the east; highlighting the fog in the valley's below.  The sunset accross the farmlands to the west is a sight to behold as well. 
-I wish my camera wasn't broken.

I hope to see you there!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

russellmn

Would love to be there, but I've felt the calling to assist WI in breaking in a new venue in Michigan.  Good luck and good shooting down there!  I'll be working to expand our territory!

edit:  (shoot, that was a secret squirrel mission and I just told the whole board!   :wall: )
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

AFTERMATH

Quote from: russellmn on August 31, 2010, 03:21:53 AM
Would love to be there, but I've felt the calling to assist WI in breaking in a new venue in Michigan.  Good luck and good shooting down there!  I'll be working to expand our territory!

edit:  (shoot, that was a secret squirrel mission and I just told the whole board!   :wall: )

AAAWWWHAHHHA!

Now all the flesh-eating-flying-zombie-paratrooper-monkies are going to know our most secret plans!   They will surely kill us all! **)
That is unless we can make 5 new Riflemen this weekend!
Minnesota!  Do you have what it takes?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

vmt193

Directions to the Winona Range

From I-90

Take exit #252, go north on Hwy #43 for 1 ½ miles, turn left onto Cty. Rd #21 and proceed for 4 ¼ miles, just before going down the hill you'll see a sign for the club on the left. Turn  onto that road (gravel) for .8 miles and turn right (2nd sign) onto Gun Club Rd., follow thru the farm yard to the clubhouse.

Coming from the south on Hwy #61

Turn south off  #61 onto Hwy #43, stay in the right lane, Hwy #43 turns right just before the next light, go 5 miles and take a right onto Cty. Rd. #21 and proceed for 4 ¼ miles, just before going down the hill turn left onto gravel road with gun club sign on left, travel .8 miles and turn right (2nd sign) onto Gun Club Rd., follow thru the farm yard to the clubhouse.

Coming from the north on Hwy #61

Turn onto Hwy #14 west, proceed .8 miles and turn left just past St. Mary's College onto Cty. Rd. #21., continue for 3.4 miles to the top of the hill and turn right (at the sign) onto gravel road, travel .8 miles and turn right (2nd sign) onto Gun Club Rd., follow thru the farm yard to the clubhouse.

GPS: 91.74303deg, 44.00593deg.