News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN Aug 21/22

Started by DaveD, August 23, 2010, 09:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Our thanks to Cloverdale Conservation Club for the use once again of their facilities.
An excellent shoot with a great group of instructors, and an attentive group of shooters that persisted, yielding up 5 Rifleman on Sunday.
Weather was perfect.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

yellowhousejake

I cannot express the wonderful weekend I, we, had at Cloverdale.

I've seen all the good things at Appleseeds before, good people, good shooting, Americans sharing and helping each other. This Appleseed was just just special for some untouchable reason.

The shooters were great folks, and I can picture every face, and remember each name. That is no small feat for my memory either. I saw nothing but smiles all weekend, nothing but perseverance, nothing but the best of what makes us who we are. It was truly a pleasure to be there with everyone. I was disappointed to see it end.

I hope very much to see everyone again on the Appleseed Trail.

YHJ

PS, I had two pair of orange ear muffs in my bag, and they ain't mine  ???
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

Good shoot for an IIT to cut his teeth on.  Good shooters, good attitudes, great weather.   
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AuntieBellum

To YHJ: I'm betting those are ATM's loaner muffs.

To Everyone:
Fantastic weekend.  I had a GREAT time - lots of exciting moments this weekend!  I could certainly tell there were some Americans waking up throughout the weekend.  The teachable attitudes and perseverance were no doubt present in Cloverdale.  I was super-excited to hear of so many Riflemen when I returned late Sunday and made sure to congratulate a few as we cleaned up.  It is always an honor to share a weekend with such wonderful liberty-minded folk.

Oh, and congrats to all of the new IITs, too.  I'm not sure those hats are gonna stay orange for long, though.   :D
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ATM

Yep, the muffs were just loaners - you can keep, return or (better yet) pass them along.  ;)

Wow! Another outstanding weekend spent with another great group of folks.
It was great to meet and get to know all the shooters and the new IITs I hadn't yet met.

Congrats to those Riflemen who shot the score and to those who are well on their way to being able to do so as well.
I saw some fantastic scores and ever shrinking group sizes over the course of those two days.  :)

More importantly, I saw people connecting on a very personal level with their heritage; their eyes opening wide to the nature of that which they have been handed and the terrible cost by which it was secured for them.

Those stepping up to join the mission have my deepest respect and gratitude, I look forward to working with you all again.
Truly, the quality of people I've met and the camaraderie established on the Appleseed trail is beyond description.

And don't anyone forget to add that crucial 7th step to your practice. (No, not Squeeeeeze - that's #5!) :cool2:
You ALL know people who would enjoy a weekend like this and deserve it as much as you did...

but the singing will continue until the marksmanship improves!  ^:)^
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

wooldl

ATM,

Did you supply Rifleman Bacon again?   O0

Glad to read that you all had a great event in Cloverdale again.

wooldl
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

ATM

Of course, I always bring celebratory bacon for the newly promoted ex-cooks!  :D

(I might have even snuck you a piece while nobody was looking for a 209 score. Great job!)

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

yellowhousejake

Pictures are in!

(Some of these shamelessly stolen from AuntiBellum)

Keep your eyes on the hats folks, round and round they go...

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Stealing pictures!   &)

I think only two of that entire batch were mine - and you took the time to crop one of them! 

And congrats on that green hat!   ;D
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

Great pictures!  I am exceptionally proud to have donned Yellowhouse Jake's Orange Hat! 

Thanks to the photographer for not making me look too fat.  O0
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Dr Falken

Hey guys, made it onto the Appleseed forum!  Great picks!  Thanks again for a great weekend!

yellowhousejake

Welcome aboard! The thanks are ours, we enjoyed having you there.

YHJ

YHJ

DaveD

Welcome Dr. Falken!

Great Pics, especially enjoyed the one of the "kitchen staff"  O0
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.